This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

glad not using traditional methods
« on: February 09, 2016, 11:55:32 am »
Had a bad fall other day having a game of footie with lads. Feels like ive fraction 1 or2 ribs. Yep, Its not comfortable using the pole but better than heaving ladders n a bucket of water around. Not to mention climbing up n down.
And people still manage to moan at us for wfp.  I pity the poor souls!!  ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Johnny B

Re: glad not using traditional methods
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 02:00:48 pm »
Hope you are back to full fitness soon.

You reminded me of a football accident I had some years ago. I was in goal, and went up for a cross. An opponent went for the ball with his head, missed the ball and clattered into the middle of my chest. The impact knocked me into a back somersault and took the breath out of me.

I went to the hospital a couple of days later, and although I wasn't x-rayed, I was otherwise treated as if it was a fracture. I was trad then, (as I still am today), and had to carry on working. Every time I moved there was a sharp pain, and my chest at the point of impact went a strange yellow! It was about 4-6 weeks before I had fully recovered.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

deeege

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 02:58:34 pm »
Nasty injury breaking ribs.

I broke 2 back in 2010. Took 8 weeks to fully recover then straight away I broke them again. Was 6 months in total before I was 100%.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

jonboywalton75

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 03:50:34 pm »
Both legs knackered from footy
Left ankle and right knee
If I was still trad,  well I would  have packed in.
I'm  59 and hopefully carrying on a few  more years

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 04:38:46 pm »
Since going water fed last yr, I keep finding more and more reasons why I enjoy it n benefit from it. Ie, no ladders, reach easily windows I had to leave in past, makes easy work of leaded  windows. Can continue to work in light rain and can still work whilst injured.
Tho I hope I have no more injuries now to make me appreciate it more than I already do.
Like most wfp fellers/ladies (?) I have said I should have done so earlier. For yrs I was dead against it after picking up a whole lot of work from dissapointed customers and I couldnt see how it cud improve my work....how wrong I was!! As for picking up others work, if they didnt splash n go, they would still have the work.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 06:43:35 pm »
I took a tumble in a customers garden a couple of years back. As I went down I thought I'd broke my upper arm. The pain was excruciating. Turned out I'd torn a muscle or ligament or something. Took six weeks to heal. Odd thing was it didn't cause a big problem working with wfp, hardly felt it, but the occasional bit of trad I did caused serious pain. Ridiculous when you think of the weight of a blade compared to a pole, even a light one. But it wasn't the weight that caused the problem, it the sideways motion of blading that caused the pain.

Dave Willis

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 09:10:31 pm »
Three legs and six fingers on one hand for me.

ChumBucket

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 09:20:49 pm »
Three legs and six fingers on one hand for me.

Apparently you're known as the "Wiltshire Tripod"

;D ;D ;D ;D

dotty

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 09:25:19 pm »
broken coller bone playing rugby
p doherty

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 10:37:19 pm »
Had a bad fall other day having a game of footie with lads. Feels like ive fraction 1 or2 ribs. Yep, Its not comfortable using the pole but better than heaving ladders n a bucket of water around. Not to mention climbing up n down.
And people still manage to moan at us for wfp.  I pity the poor souls!!  ;D
perhaps you should play blow football instead of traditional football,then you will be safe in your work and home life

Smurf

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 11:13:00 pm »
Since going wfp I've....
Triped and fell over the hose more than once
Fallen down steps
Fallen up steps
Fallen over plant pots/bird baths
And the best one to date fell in a pond
That's not mentioning the customers things I have broken or damaged either

ALL MAY I ADD FROM THE SAFETY OF THE GROUND WAVING A STICK ABOUT  ;D