Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: Facelift Neon worlds lightest Waterfed pole
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2016, 05:18:39 pm »
Another brush not throughly tested in the field of the Waterfed poler,I can use a brush for about 10 minutes to see if it's fit for the job I've tried so many 95% for sale at the moment are complete rubbish. Why on earth are suppliers going for the more splay the merrier it makes no sense whatsoever, to have a brush fold flat on the glass it should have splay yes but the bristles should almost act like suspension you should have to push the pole forward slightly to get the brush to fold slightly it shouldn't fold flat under the weight of the pole at all. We've gone from boxed shape brushes to ridiculously hi lo 100% splay brushes that are hopeless to work with.

NWH

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2016, 05:21:40 pm »
Look at a brush these days and it looks like someone has just made it jump lol,it's almost like the worlds brush manufacturing has been given to Perry from reach it and Willy Wagtail.

ChumBucket

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2016, 05:25:58 pm »
That brush doesn't just look bad, it looks HORRENDOUSLY bad!! ;D

No doubt Wagga will be on You tube soon singing it's praises.  ;D 

NWH

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2016, 05:34:07 pm »
Honestly Chum it is terrible lol really good weight for the size but they've accomplished this by taking all the bristles out,good for getting crap out from under PVC sills that's about it and it only does that cos it folds as flat as a piece of paper.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2016, 05:34:12 pm »
Probably wrong but the more the brush splays surely the worse it is?

As you are cleaning with the side of a bristle and not the end?

The harder i push on bee spots the longer they take to come off!

ChumBucket

« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2016, 05:39:43 pm »
Honestly Chum it is terrible lol really good weight for the size but they've accomplished this by taking all the bristles out,good for getting crap out from under PVC sills that's about it and it only does that cos it folds as flat as a piece of paper.

This new Ultimate from Gardiners looks very promising.

ChumBucket

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2016, 05:40:42 pm »
Probably wrong but the more the brush splays surely the worse it is?

As you are cleaning with the side of a bristle and not the end?

The harder i push on bee spots the longer they take to come off!

I agree, a brush that collapses like a "mop" is useless IMO.

NWH

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2016, 05:41:01 pm »
This brush does not work on dried on bird poop stubbourn marks and it would definitely not work on bee spots in the summer,also it makes you have to go up and over the top frame otherwise you'll miss the top 3" of the window due to the spay stopping the brush going up and allowing you to rinse on the top section of the window. IMO it's not been tested at all on every type of window just made a nice colour and sold,I can't believe I have just been stung again for another 30 odd sheets for a toilet brush,I might just go back to ionic multipole brushes if I'm honest and just use an average splaying brush for certain work all others out there at the mo are poope.

NWH

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2016, 05:43:31 pm »
Where did all this more splay is best come from if you want a brush like that buy a hi-lo vikan brush it's not needed

NWH

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2016, 05:48:19 pm »
I'm saying nothing about the Gardiner brush I'll wait till I've used it,it will need to be a lot different to float my boat TBH. It will need to have about 50% less splay for it to satisfy my working needs,I'm not sure what that supreme was all about that was just weird if you ask me.

NWH

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2016, 05:54:41 pm »

yeah old Wagga will say I've been sent this brush it's absolutely fantastic it's got a lovely splay on it we've been using it for a couple of weeks and it does what it says on the tin,job done lol more like you've all been done for another 30 notes.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2016, 06:19:11 pm »

yeah old Wagga will say I've been sent this brush it's absolutely fantastic it's got a lovely splay on it we've been using it for a couple of weeks and it does what it says on the tin,job done lol more like you've all been done for another 30 notes.

lol.  ;D

NWH

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2016, 06:32:07 pm »
I'll be buying a constructor brush next lol 💩💩💩💩💩

dd

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2016, 07:05:54 pm »
NWH I thought you were a big fan of the xline mono, I know it is a little heavy for your liking (the same as gardiner sl), but you are probably best sticking with it IMO. All this money you keep spending on brushes you could treat yourself to another holiday.

I agree it beggars belief that people who keep designing these brushes do not realize the more it splays the more ineffective it is. Xline mono is best all round brush I have used (not saying it is perfect). Lighter weight brushes are nicer to use but not so effective IMO.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2016, 07:12:11 pm »
Nice poles lol you want to put that new Neon brush on the end of a Brodex pole and go for the full crappy works,that Neon brush is only fit for the toilet another £30 down the toilet complete  rubbish.

Well this is my neon brush after 5 hours use!!

Looks like a punk rocker.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2016, 07:17:49 pm »
Another brush not throughly tested in the field of the Waterfed poler,I can use a brush for about 10 minutes to see if it's fit for the job I've tried so many 95% for sale at the moment are complete rubbish. Why on earth are suppliers going for the more splay the merrier it makes no sense whatsoever, to have a brush fold flat on the glass it should have splay yes but the bristles should almost act like suspension you should have to push the pole forward slightly to get the brush to fold slightly it shouldn't fold flat under the weight of the pole at all. We've gone from boxed shape brushes to ridiculously hi lo 100% splay brushes that are hopeless to work with.

Although splay can be useful because it can mean altering the brush angle less often, it can also cause problems with stuck-on leaded windows by needing more care to avoid damaging the lead pattern.
A while ago I got a very ancient SLX brush out of mothballs (no - not the Bentley) - unsplayed and fairly soft.  It's a wonderful brush but I don't know if they are still sold.  I stil have an old Bentley brush too.  I use it for brushing water off doorsteps sometimes.

NWH

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2016, 07:20:02 pm »
NWH I thought you were a big fan of the xline mono, I know it is a little heavy for your liking (the same as gardiner sl), but you are probably best sticking with it IMO. All this money you keep spending on brushes you could treat yourself to another holiday.

I agree it beggars belief that people who keep designing these brushes do not realize the more it splays the more ineffective it is. Xline mono is best all round brush I have used (not saying it is perfect). Lighter weight brushes are nicer to use but not so effective IMO.
The Xline is a good cleaning brush on lower level work and I mean lower no more than a modern 3 storey house etc,they don't want to go thinking they've really got something with that brush it's the best of its weight available at the moment but this may only be the case for the next months or so. Why don't we just say this is a good brush for its size and weight end of it's nothing radically new it has loads of bristles and plenty of them but it's far to heavy to be anywhere near the Perfect brush your want to use alday everyday.

NWH

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2016, 07:25:03 pm »
The Bentley was lovely and light but left dirt on the glass and didn't clean well overall although it was an ideal shape and angle for old style leads it glided over them. In winter if looked back over your work it you could still see bits the brush missed due to lack of bristles in the stock it had that scraping effect we all dread ie it looks like you couldn't be bothered to scrub.

ChumBucket

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2016, 07:33:32 pm »
Makes you wonder what this new Neon pole is gonna be like? ;D ;D Do you think it's worth a punt of a few hundred quid based on the Neon brush NWH? ;D

NWH

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2016, 07:45:29 pm »
Lol you do like giving me stick Chum,no I will be buying 2 extremes I think 1 at 30+ ft and 1 for lower stuff probably a 25ft extreme.i think  I'll stick with what I know as far as poles are concerned they are the Rols Royce of poles I had a section snap 2 weeks ago but when you think what it's earned I'll take it on the chin.