This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Re: Facelift Neon worlds lightest Waterfed pole
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2016, 06:24:09 pm »
You said future versions. My point was that with Gardiners they have always supplied upgrade clamps  (FoC) to those who have bought existing poles.
It's a game of three halves!

Stephen Fox

« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2016, 06:27:56 pm »
You said future versions. My point was that with Gardiners they have always supplied upgrade clamps  (FoC) to those who have bought existing poles.

I don't think that is actually true...I maybe wrong but 'smart' clamps was a paid upgrade for exsisting users? I'm sure I'll be corrected if I am.

Stephen Fox

« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2016, 06:36:11 pm »
Maintenance cleans my arse lol at the end of the day it's awful to use,whoever tested it and I doubt very much it's been tested coz if it was the user would have told you it has no longevity to it,the tension of the bristles are wrong the type of bristles are wrong the lack of bristles are wrong I could go on. When I work out how to upload videos on here I will demonstrate my opinions with brushes and show how they should work on different types of Windows not just showing someone cleaning a standard PVC unit which any broom-brush would work on.

NWH,

I see you've plastered your dislike all over the Internet! (Facebook, forums, etc).

Not sure on your comments on longevity as you only had the brush a day or so. As you have seen on other forums your opinion is not the norm, in fact it's the exact opposite from a lot of other sources. I'm quite happy it's had  reactions from both ends of the spectrum, rather than being 'just another brush'.

But all feedback is welcome.

Dave Willis

« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2016, 06:46:46 pm »
When you look at a brush like that it's fairly obvious to see why it's sooo bad! When it's dry I bet it looks fine and dandy but when it's wet the bristles are clumped together - the gaps between are massive . The Xline doesn't seem to clump and the rows are staggered so any dirt that gets through the first bunch quite likely gets picked up by the second. I often wonder if there's really much point in dual trim at all, half the time you're not sure if the middle rows even contact the glass.

Stephen Fox

« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2016, 07:20:18 pm »
When you look at a brush like that it's fairly obvious to see why it's sooo bad! When it's dry I bet it looks fine and dandy but when it's wet the bristles are clumped together - the gaps between are massive . The Xline doesn't seem to clump and the rows are staggered so any dirt that gets through the first bunch quite likely gets picked up by the second. I often wonder if there's really much point in dual trim at all, half the time you're not sure if the middle rows even contact the glass.

Dave,

Have you got a Neon brush? Who's is saying its 'sooo bad' (apart from NWH!!) 99% of actual owners are saying it is up there with the best if not the best they have used!

And why are you comparing it to the xline brush?? It's a lot lighter for a start and has longer bristles, etc. They are not in the same style at all.
Compare an xline to a Phoenix brush and you would have a point.

Use one and compare it to a 'Supreme' brush or something akin, then form an opinion,  please!!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2016, 09:30:59 pm »
@Stephen Fox.

Mine were free.
It's a game of three halves!

NWH

« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2016, 10:41:46 pm »
This brush TBH is not worth discussing IMO the old heavy Salmons Peter Fogwill does are better and TBH are nothing  more than broom heads.  A brush that folds flat on the glass is useless for window cleaning you would have been better off selling it as a solar panel brush because it folds flat under no pressure whatsoever from the operator at height. My advise would be next time test it before you  put one on sale £30 is well over the top for something that must have cost very little to make,also the jets are proud of the stock making it possible to scratch Windows.

Dave Willis

« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2016, 07:50:30 am »

Dave,

Have you got a Neon brush? Who's is saying its 'sooo bad' (apart from NWH!!) 99% of actual owners are saying it is up there with the best if not the best they have used!

And why are you comparing it to the xline brush?? It's a lot lighter for a start and has longer bristles, etc. They are not in the same style at all.
Compare an xline to a Phoenix brush and you would have a point.

Use one and compare it to a 'Supreme' brush or something akin, then form an opinion,  please!!

I'm going by what I see in the picture and it doesn't look good, it does look very good when dry but I don't clean many windows like that.
It might not be as bad as NWH is saying - some floppy brushes work quite well - I used to like the Gardiners soft Extreme years ago . Those gaps however and excessive curl after five hours use are the reason I wouldn't bother to be honest.
For that reason ......... I'm out!

NWH

« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2016, 03:05:55 pm »
For those that have got one and also feel it's useless there is something you can do to it to at least make it useable on some Windows I'll put a pick on later if anyone's interested.

Dave Willis

« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2016, 05:25:23 pm »
Here's a really lightweight brush that's kept it's shape pretty well. It's an Xtreme mono stiff (I heard you like a stiff one NWH).
Anyway they were my favourite brushes for a long time then I swapped to Supremes - can't remember why.
Anyway, I dug it back out again today for a couple of jobs, I'd forgotten how much I liked it.