This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gto

Re: Cheap boots - what's the catch?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 04:16:54 pm »
i have some like that, they discoloured slightly but are still good and waterproof.
i think mine are hightec almost identicle to those.
i got mine off ebay cheaper than that.

Mike55

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 05:48:47 pm »
They look good value Dave and prob worth a punt at £20

robbo333

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 05:49:27 pm »
I don't think they are breathable, which means your feet will sweat and then get cold...not good!
Always spend the money and buy good boots and a good bed...if you're not in one, you're in the other  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

dave f

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 07:08:11 am »
if  want waterproof boots get gore tex  don't make your feet sweat. ive tried countless so called waterproof boots i was in tk max  abit a go and found a pair of ecco boots for 40 quid  so gave them a go what a difference. I checked their web site they were £150 then £120 then tk max £40 result. so I will be on the look out  at tk max  just in case they have any moor in the future

8weekly

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 07:28:42 am »
if  want waterproof boots get gore tex  don't make your feet sweat. ive tried countless so called waterproof boots i was in tk max  abit a go and found a pair of ecco boots for 40 quid  so gave them a go what a difference. I checked their web site they were £150 then £120 then tk max £40 result. so I will be on the look out  at tk max  just in case they have any moor in the future
Ecco shoes are about as good as it gets comfort wise. I invested in a pair of Ecco slippers. They were £80 but oh my god they are comfortable. I wouldn't be without them now.
I just buy cheap waterproof boots for work but I put an expensive insole in. If they leak, they go back. I have a pair I paid £35 for in October that are still going strong, but I had to return a pair of Magnum boots after a week because they leaked.

lal

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 08:02:25 am »

Always spend the money and buy good boots and a good bed...if you're not in one, you're in the other 

Hi Robbo333, my grandmother used to tell me that when i was younger, but it is so true and good advice.

Lal

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 11:14:13 am »
Thats what I got from TK before xmas. £49 ( rrp £200 ) best boots I have ever worn  ;)