Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CleanClear

Re: Adding stuff to your water........
« Reply #160 on: February 13, 2016, 12:39:53 am »
yawwwwwwwwwwwwwn

yawwwwwwwwwwwwwn

You've gotta love Dave F.   Yawn................., he thinks its boring... But then he thinks everything is boring................
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=200995.0

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=200993.msg1765280#msg1765280

Dave is there a reason you come here you're so negative ? If its not that lot above its gotta be that house with a conny that someone beat your quote that consumes your mind ? You come across as dope, if i may be so impolite?

Anyway, i may have inadvertently led some astray. MY facts where wrong. I said i cleaned with tap water 160 tds and the results where good. They wherent. Checking the tap water again, instead of relying on what is , showed tap water 49 TDS. And the results where ok, but not great, considering............

Back to the drawing board, and Daves dull posts.....................................
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2016, 11:28:42 pm »
The only way to add shine to a sun/ weather damaged frames is to remove the damaged material by either polishing it off or
coating over it.
So if additives are leaving a better shine then they are either turning the water into a rubbing/ polishing compound or leaving a coating.
This is simple stuff and shouldn't be fooling guys who do this for a living.
  For example upvc frames have added as an additive during manufacture tio2 titanium dioxide which helps to protect them against damage from sun/weather, because of this some upvc window and door manufacturers will offer a 25 year guarantee on their oem products. these same manufacturers will also recommend that harsh and aggressive cleaning chemicals should not be used when cleaning these type surfaces. upvc when new is bright shiny and has a lovely sheen to it, i damaged a huge amount of these surfaces myself over many years until i realized how corrosive the ingredients were in the cleaning  chemicals i was using. my point being its safer all round to ask your supplier for cleaning chemicals which are non-caustic non-corrosive and safe for use on pvc/upvc surfaces and that won't affect their shine.
tio2 is a whitening agent used in many cosmetics/toothpastes etc,yes its used in pvcu manufacturing only because we preferer whiter than white in the uk,there are around 47 shades of pvc window extrusions across the european market-for instance the germans and belgians prefer a more creamy white to us brits-hence the more ti02 added to the extrusions produced in the uk,rehau-a german product produced in wales for us brits is more white than say kommerling  which is slightly blueish in tint,compare that to spectus which is british and they are shades apart.
ti02 is not a protective agent it is a whitening  compound added to the product to give the required shade of white to which they require for a given hemisphere,
Hi Kevin, Yes tio2 is also used in many products for its whitening properties, manufacturers of upvc windows and doors also add tio2 during production because its known to provide good UV protection by reflecting and/or scattering most of the suns UV-rays through its high refractive index. Again its the use of caustic and corrosive ingredients used to make harsh and aggressive cleaning chemicals cause most damage to upvc surfaces, i am not saying that Vision  will cause any damage to upvc surfaces as i have never seen the sds so don't know what it's derived from but from the high dilution rates the lads recommend i could not see it having any detrimental effect on upvc, but i think you probably know the types of caustic and corrosive cleaning chemicals which do cause detrimental damage to upvc frames and doors. Tadgh
  Just to share for any guys who carry out restoration of pvc/upvc surfaces we promote a product called Nano PowerShine which will restore the natural sheen on dulled pvc/upvc surfaces after they have been deep cleaned first and left to dry, its applied with a high performance microfiber detailing cloth which will leave behind a very smooth and durable gloss finish. If its of interest to guys who carry out restoration on these type surfaces email info@jskcleaning.ie   Tadgh

paulben

« Reply #162 on: February 15, 2016, 06:07:18 am »
Back in the late 90's there was a product for cleaning cars that after you washed car with soapy water you put a capful of whatever it was in a bucket of water then tipped it over car , water just ran off leaving car dry . Anyone remember what it was , just thought it might be worth a try
Do not steal the government hates competition

dave f

« Reply #163 on: February 15, 2016, 06:40:25 am »
dull I may be at least I don't have my head up  my back side its only window cleaning not rocket science.get a life

paulben

« Reply #164 on: February 15, 2016, 06:46:12 am »
But some of us want to move forward and not stuck in the 1950.s

dave f

« Reply #165 on: February 15, 2016, 07:06:32 am »
as I have said before its only window cleaning  I cant see the point of faffing a bout .its a domestic job that the custy cant do or wont do themselves  I just cant get my head round something that is so simple is made out to require all the fuss .some people are in the wrong job. but that's just the way I see it .keep it simple.imo

paulben

« Reply #166 on: February 15, 2016, 07:11:43 am »
So I take it your trad only .

Jonny 87

« Reply #167 on: February 15, 2016, 07:12:35 am »
dull I may be at least I don't have my head up  my back side its only window cleaning not rocket science.get a life

You'd think the sensible thing to do would be to not read forums or posts that you found to be "dull".

I'm not very much into stamp collecting, but I don't go on stamp forums posting things like  "yaaaaawn".

;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dave f

« Reply #168 on: February 15, 2016, 07:21:06 am »
there have been much worse. and I'm  not trad.

dazmond

« Reply #169 on: February 15, 2016, 07:24:25 am »
as I have said before its only window cleaning  I cant see the point of faffing a bout .its a domestic job that the custy cant do or wont do themselves  I just cant get my head round something that is so simple is made out to require all the fuss .some people are in the wrong job. but that's just the way I see it .keep it simple.imo

i agree.yes keep it simple(running a business and your lifestyle in general when possible!).ive been part of a fellowship that has a motto called K.I.S.S(keep it simple stupid)and it certainly helps with having a less stressed,happier life. :)

on topic i like vision and add a few mls into my tank most days.it adds a great shine and overall leaves a better finish than pure water alone.thats enough for me.its pennies a day to use so ill continue to use it. ;)

price higher/work harder!

dave f

« Reply #170 on: February 15, 2016, 07:29:38 am »
this was turning in to a which hunt ;Dsome times that's what happens when you express an opinion.

« Reply #171 on: February 15, 2016, 07:36:24 am »
Your opinion was yawwwwn  ? if you don't want people to react then don't write such childish responses

Rich Wilts

« Reply #172 on: February 15, 2016, 10:06:10 am »
this was turning in to a which hunt ;Dsome times that's what happens when you express an opinion.

He's big enough and man enough to stand up for himself. He knew what response he'd get.

paulben

« Reply #173 on: February 15, 2016, 04:45:25 pm »
My point being if your not trad then you chose not to use simple root ie bucket and cloth . someone went to the trouble of putting brush on a pole then working out pure water would clean windows . some of us want to improve that . Someone said if you stand still you might as well be going backwards .

dave f

« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2016, 05:08:20 pm »
SAFTY PAL YOU MAY WANT TO KILL YOUR SELF FALLING BUT I PREFER  TO BE AROUND A WEE BIT LONGER ;D

paulben

« Reply #175 on: February 15, 2016, 07:27:25 pm »
You missed my point nothing to do with safety just that someone had to stick there neck out and try something new they didn't say keep it simple or we would still be using buckets and cloths have to try different things to move forward

SeanK

« Reply #176 on: February 15, 2016, 07:32:27 pm »
I honestly thought Dave Willis photo would put this nonsense to bed, Guys its simple take a look at his photo and if your not getting the same or better results then use an additive of your choice or continue on as you are until your customers complain or start going elsewhere its up to you.
If you are getting the same results then continue using pure and don't try to fix something that isn't broken.

CleanClear

« Reply #177 on: February 15, 2016, 07:38:00 pm »
I honestly thought Dave Willis photo would put this nonsense to bed, Guys its simple take a look at his photo and if your not getting the same or better results then use an additive of your choice or continue on as you are until your customers complain or start going elsewhere its up to you.
If you are getting the same results then continue using pure and don't try to fix something that isn't broken.

Sean, sorry to put a dampner on your negativity. We know you think they're all a waste of time (additives), you've said it enough times. You may well be 100% correct . However ,some of find them useful and are investigating them . What you still doing here ? You're like a parrot.

Dave Willis

« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2016, 09:00:28 pm »
Which photo?

CleanClear