This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SHINING EXAMPLE

wide brush
« on: January 31, 2016, 10:44:57 am »
Morning all,.. it was suggested to me recently that i would greatly benefit from using a wider brush, ie 45cm, even though the majority of my work is domestic. I  was told it was super quick and clients wouldn't lose out on quality. Can anyone corroborate this ?
Many thanks, Gary

chris turner

Re: wide brush
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 11:11:50 am »
Morning all,.. it was suggested to me recently that i would greatly benefit from using a wider brush, ie 45cm, even though the majority of my work is domestic. I  was told it was super quick and clients wouldn't lose out on quality. Can anyone corroborate this ?
Many thanks, Gary

I disagree mate. I used a 45cm brush on 2 large blocks of flats for a while, they are heavier and you have less control.
Although your covering a large area when cleaning, you only apply pressure to a small area of the brush, where the pole meets the brush head. I found the brush 'bouncing off the glass'.
I would say they are good for low level, large panes of glass. Bad for everything else.

SeanK

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 01:27:00 pm »
Swings and roundabouts there will be times when it will be quicker as you will cover more glass per scrub, but for things
like removing bird poop snail trails and so on a smaller brush is easier handled.
Personally over the day I don't think it would save much time wise.

SHINING EXAMPLE

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 01:47:24 pm »
Thanks Sean, and thank you Chris. Your feedback is most appreciated.
Need to buy a few brushes as I now use hot water and require stiffer bristles I think. Will stick to regular width ! Thanks for confirming my gut instincts !
Rgds. Gary

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 08:10:58 am »
Thanks Sean, and thank you Chris. Your feedback is most appreciated.
Need to buy a few brushes as I now use hot water and require stiffer bristles I think. Will stick to regular width ! Thanks for confirming my gut instincts !
Rgds. Gary

the best brush for hot water is the xline mono evolite mate.it keeps its shape much better than gardiner brushes.
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 06:25:48 pm »
That's you off the Christmas card list then.

bobplum

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 03:06:31 am »
Hi
Yes we use the extra wide brushes gardiner ones, medium mix bristles I believe,  with fan jets and hot water and they have made a difference in time saving
We only do residential so can't comment on blocks of flats or commercial work
We also clean on a high flow rate with very little rinsing so a change in mckeaning method may be needed?
Regards bob