This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Just dumped a £40 job
« on: January 26, 2016, 01:31:39 pm »
8 weekly stand alone job.easy access.usually late payers(but pay after about a month after several text reminders).miserable ignorant snotty customers though.

the woman has never said 2 words to me in a year of cleaning them til today.

i turn up(its NOT raining by the way,a bit windy but not gale force).she hangs out of the window "not today as its going to rain later!last time you came,2 days later they were filthy again after  heavy rain!"

so i said "when do you want me to do them then?"she said "you could try next week".i then said "what if its forecast heavy rain?"

"oh er!the week after that then!"

i then said "im not coming back!i cant run a business like that!" and did a proper GOLD flounce!! >:( ;D

you cant lose in this game though as the other week i picked up an 8 weekly commercial job (£60) so im not losing out! :)
price higher/work harder!

the king

Re: just dumped a £40 job
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 02:02:11 pm »
nce one out with the junk and in with the new  ;D

Walter Mitty

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 02:08:52 pm »
8 weekly stand alone job.easy access.usually late payers(but pay after about a month after several text reminders).miserable ignorant snotty customers though.

i turn up(its NOT raining by the way,a bit windy but not gale force).she hangs out of the window "not today as its going to rain later!last time you came,2 days later they were filthy again after  heavy rain!"

so i said "when do you want me to do them then?"she said "you could try next week".i then said "what if its forecast heavy rain?"

i then said "im not coming back!i cant run a business like that!" and did a proper GOLD flounce!! >:( ;D

you cant lose in this game though as the other week i picked up an 8 weekly commercial job (£60) so im not losing out! :)

There was a time when I might have believed you were beiung excessive.
Not now though!  I've had my share over the years and quite simply,. I can't afford difficult customers.  They are a drag on my business.
If I have gaps in my work, they may get away with it for a while - but it's only a matter of time.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 02:19:28 pm »
I got rid of a customer as if have to go collecting from them 3-4 times a month as they never had money ( they rang ME for a monthly service)
Anyway, asked him if he wants to pay online, he agreed and gave me his number, txt him my details, rang him loads, still no payment!!
In the end, I thought it's just not worth it, I can't be assed with people like that on my round- so dumped them

Rich Wilts

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 02:53:12 pm »
I off loaded £1280 of work this week.

I flogged mine  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 03:34:20 pm »

That's the spirit Daz!
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 03:46:45 pm »
the thing is the way the weather has been going  i reckon were heading more and more into  stormy weather year on year.it could be hammering it down 2 days after a clean at ANY time of year.you just cant win with some customers.

i didnt like cleaning the job.not because the pay was low.it was well priced.i just felt a "bad vibe" from both of them from day one.just not friendly and totally humourless.lovely house and BMW X5 on the drive.shame about the owners! ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 03:50:38 pm »
Anyway I've dumped a £70 job earlier this month (a commercial quarterly).  UBER-FLOUNCE!

Shall I tell you what happened? Must you? Yes. Okay then.

I got a purchase order for four cleans specifying July/October/January/April and that I need to go in early to cone off half the car park. Therefore I email them a few days before saying when I plan on coming.

Earlier this month I did just that and back comes an email from my contact saying her manager says it's not worth it in the rain and to leave it until March. I fire back an email politely but candidly pointing out that I have a purchase order specifying  January and April and I would be happy to negotiate a change for next years purchase order but expected this one to be honoured.

Got a reply from my contact to the effect of "Oops sorry forgot about that, manager's not in let me speak to him and come back to you."

Two days later she comes back and says they'll cancel the original order and replace it with a new one specifying March and July.

They're dumped. They don't know it yet because they don't expect me until March and when they chase me up they'll get the following:-

Dear YYYY,

In 30 years of sales and running my own business I have always believed a purchase order to be a guarantee of an agreement between two companies or organisations. If one party wishes to change an agreement then they ask if that is possible.

As your manager has, with little notice arbitrarily cancelled my visit in January and sought to replace it with one which is advantageous to him I realise that any written communication, including purchase orders from "XXXXX" company is not worth the pixels it has been produced with.

Therefore please find someone to clean your windows who does not mind having their schedule messed about on the whim of some low level supervisor.

Yours flouncingly,

GOLD

;D
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 03:58:23 pm »
while were at it ive earmarked another 6 or 7 jobs that are for the chop for various reasons,persistent delay in getting paid,dog muck in their gardens and skipping cleans for no good reason.some all 3!

theres one due tomorrow and im really hoping he says "can you leave it this time" then im never going back ever! ;D

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 04:01:00 pm »
Anyway I've dumped a £70 job earlier this month (a commercial quarterly).  UBER-FLOUNCE!

Shall I tell you what happened? Must you? Yes. Okay then.

I got a purchase order for four cleans specifying July/October/January/April and that I need to go in early to cone off half the car park. Therefore I email them a few days before saying when I plan on coming.

Earlier this month I did just that and back comes an email from my contact saying her manager says it's not worth it in the rain and to leave it until March. I fire back an email politely but candidly pointing out that I have a purchase order specifying  January and April and I would be happy to negotiate a change for next years purchase order but expected this one to be honoured.

Got a reply from my contact to the effect of "Oops sorry forgot about that, manager's not in let me speak to him and come back to you."

Two days later she comes back and says they'll cancel the original order and replace it with a new one specifying March and July.

They're dumped. They don't know it yet because they don't expect me until March and when they chase me up they'll get the following:-

Dear YYYY,

In 30 years of sales and running my own business I have always believed a purchase order to be a guarantee of an agreement between two companies or organisations. If one party wishes to change an agreement then they ask if that is possible.

As your manager has, with little notice arbitrarily cancelled my visit in January and sought to replace it with one which is advantageous to him I realise that any written communication, including purchase orders from "XXXXX" company is not worth the pixels it has been produced with.

Therefore please find someone to clean your windows who does not mind having their schedule messed about on the whim of some low level supervisor.

Yours flouncingly,

GOLD

;D

thats brilliant as always malc! ;D ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 04:11:45 pm »
Blimey Dazmond, you got over that Ebola pretty quick! I hope you're going to donate your body for medical research.

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 04:19:06 pm »
Blimey Dazmond, you got over that Ebola pretty quick! I hope you're going to donate your body for medical research.

i still feel a bit rough mate.im just left with a hacking cough now! :( ;D

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2016, 04:35:29 pm »
I had the old "Lose one, gain two" last week.

Lost a contract for car showrooms and picked up two houses.

Somehow it aint balanced out  :D :D

Dave Willis

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2016, 04:44:43 pm »
Tata?

andyM

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2016, 04:47:58 pm »

Ruthless!  ;D
One of the Plebs

Plankton

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2016, 04:49:01 pm »
I thought I was being a bit grumpy recently. lol

Smurf

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2016, 04:50:06 pm »
There is nothing like a good flounce now and again for sure  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2016, 05:16:04 pm »
I thought I was being a bit grumpy recently. lol

im usually cool as cucumber mate!but i nearly told her to f off!im defo not 100% fit yet.

DaveG

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2016, 06:27:15 pm »
You can't polish a turd

combat1

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2016, 06:43:26 pm »
 Had a big clear out.
All the rubbish and bad payers gone
All £10 jobs moved from 7 weeks to 6.
Might lose some of those but not bothered.
All new work is now £15 or above.
Mind you my diary on George is looking a bit empty ha ha.