This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gregmyster

Best battery
« on: January 20, 2016, 09:19:35 pm »
Hi
I was just wondering whats the best battery to get at a half decent price and where would you recommend to get it from
cheers

NWH

Re: best battery
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 09:46:06 pm »
Varitech told me AGM they found are the best.

Jonny 87

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 10:08:35 pm »
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=371332952947&globalID=EBAY-GB

2 year warranty on these.

I'm on my third year and still holds its charge like new so I'd vouch for this one.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 10:49:35 pm »
Banner are superb.
It's a game of three halves!

dave f

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 07:18:03 am »
if you go on youtube their is a film about this and according to the vid they did comparisons on a number of batterys  very informative so be for you rush out have a look some of the so called leasure batterys some  are not any better than car batterys

NWH

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 05:04:09 pm »
I have just got a banner 115 amp

duncan h

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 07:54:01 pm »
http://beta.eurocarparts.com/ try these for the best price

slap bash

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 05:29:47 pm »
Off e bay I have used the Nu Max with good results. But the trouble with e bay if you do have a problem,  its send it back and its all time so now use a Halford 115 volt/h.
 Don`t tell them you are a window cleaner as the will try it on with the guarantee if you ever have a problem, tell them you use it in a caravan.

gregmyster

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 10:00:17 pm »
cheers thanks for the recomendations

cleantech-westmids

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 10:12:39 am »
Grey are you using one man setup? If your using a two man go for 2 -  6v Trojans in series to make  12v.  Some people say they are overkill but you'll never have to wort a out them going flat during your working day.  Not the cheapest but awesome batteries. Charged regular they'll last you years. You can run them down to zero charge also with no ill effects.

All the best

Spruce

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 05:20:36 pm »
Banner are superb.

Hi Malc,

Are you using a leisure battery or a starter battery if you don't mind me asking? Also what size is it?

I did check the price of a 110 amp Banner leisure battery a while back and it was 40 notes more than the Numax battery that lasted me 4 years.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

windowswashed

Re: Best battery
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 09:15:39 pm »
AGM have thicker plates and are the best. I use them for my solar generators. It's my latest hobby and it's addictive gaining extra free energy so you can reduce your electric bills.  Always plenty of things to learn.

Plankton

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 10:27:42 pm »
AGM have thicker plates and are the best. I use them for my solar generators. It's my latest hobby and it's addictive gaining extra free energy so you can reduce your electric bills.  Always plenty of things to learn.
From a window cleaning side I have been using a Halfords battery for sometime now. My analog Avon flow control broke and I've been running a shurflow without anything other than a rocker switch so the battery will apparently suffer from the lack of protection. I run it until the pressure drops which is generally below 12v before recharge and it's been good for me.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 10:41:20 pm »
Banner are superb.

Hi Malc,

Are you using a leisure battery or a starter battery if you don't mind me asking? Also what size is it?

I did check the price of a 110 amp Banner leisure battery a while back and it was 40 notes more than the Numax battery that lasted me 4 years.

Sorry for the late reply.

I was using a "Scrap" Banner 135amp/hour leisure which I bought with two smaller non-branded 110 amp batteries off a factory customer for £15.00 the lot. The one smaller one died immediately - the other within six months but the Banner lasted me another two years. I have just taken all three to the scrappy and got £23.00! Result.

Up until two weeks ago I charged the banner with a smart charger every couple of days. (By the codes on it I believe it was five years old when I got it and so seven and a half when I sold it.)

I now have a relay fitted (over new year by Dan the man) and have a four year old Bosch 80 amp car/van battery that came from my Doblo last year.

When I get a new one next month it will be a brand new Banner 80 amp hour leisure and I will use it for my caravan too!

Now I have a relay I don't need such a large (110+) amp/hour battery.

Spruce

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 08:28:43 pm »
Banner are superb.

Hi Malc,

Sorry for the late reply.

I was using a "Scrap" Banner 135amp/hour leisure which I bought with two smaller non-branded 110 amp batteries off a factory customer for £15.00 the lot. The one smaller one died immediately - the other within six months but the Banner lasted me another two years. I have just taken all three to the scrappy and got £23.00! Result.

Up until two weeks ago I charged the banner with a smart charger every couple of days. (By the codes on it I believe it was five years old when I got it and so seven and a half when I sold it.)

I now have a relay fitted (over new year by Dan the man) and have a four year old Bosch 80 amp car/van battery that came from my Doblo last year.

When I get a new one next month it will be a brand new Banner 80 amp hour leisure and I will use it for my caravan too!

Now I have a relay I don't need such a large (110+) amp/hour battery.

Thanks for the reply Malc. David Kent near us in Redcar also swears by them and recommended a local supplier.
I phoned this supplier who told me they had had loads of returns and now sell Lucas.

Trouble is you never know what's behind the advice. Is it genuine or did a better deal come along from Lucas? If so they got a better deal, why rubbish the product?
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

NWH

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 08:51:52 pm »
Who gave you £23 for them

AuRavelling79

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2016, 09:08:43 pm »
Who gave you £23 for them

Scrapyard in Avonmouth

NWH