This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

How do you avoid postage costs?
« on: January 20, 2016, 04:59:59 pm »
I always spend £50+ with Gardiners and avoid the postage costs. Is there a way of reducing the costs on small items or doesn't that happen these days? By that I mean if say you bought two taps, do you get billed twice for postage?

AuRavelling79

Re: How do you avoid postage costs?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 05:10:39 pm »
Do you mean generally or just with Gardiners?

It's a game of three halves!

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 05:54:31 pm »
Just Gardiners. Nothing against them just seem to remember there was a way to stop getting billed on every item when they all get sent together. If not I can wait to put it on next months standing order  :D

ChumBucket

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 05:57:03 pm »
Surely you just add any amount of items to a single basket/order/transaction? Delivery based on one order regardless of amount of items within it?

Smurf

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 06:07:24 pm »
Re: How do you avoid postage costs? Hmmm...Go and pick it up maybe ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 06:08:15 pm »
I always spend £50+ with Gardiners and avoid the postage costs. Is there a way of reducing the costs on small items or doesn't that happen these days? By that I mean if say you bought two taps, do you get billed twice for postage?

If you order two taps together in an order then you will only ever be charged one set of delivery costs. If these two taps were part of a larger order that was over £50 in value then the postage would be free.

If however you bought just one tap in one transaction and then later bought a second tap in another transaction you would be charged two lots of postage as these would be two separate orders. If you wanted these two separate orders combined (and one had not already been fulfilled and sent out) then you could always ring up or email our sales team and they would combine the order and refund the second set of postage.

In fact if our sales team spot that someone has placed two separate orders online within hours of each other and they could be combined they will usually combine the order and refund the postage cost where needed. We do try and be helpful and logical where possible  :)

Dave Willis

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 06:12:50 pm »
Cheers Alex, that's all I wanted to know.  ;)