This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ashbash

Wfp ups and trad bottoms
« on: January 19, 2016, 08:41:37 pm »
Just wandering how many do this. It's something I do because I think the customer will be happier. I actually think it's quicker this way or am I missing a trick

steven ainger

Re: Wfp ups and trad bottoms
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 08:46:48 pm »
Your missing a trick, its quicker to wfp everything.
Get a bigger tank ( I believe from an earlier thread you had a 325ltr tank )
And use a high flow of water

JSMC

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 08:48:51 pm »
saw a few guys do it and seems to work well for some.  some people like patio doors trad so there is not puddles laying at doors if walking in n out.

SeanK

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 08:51:57 pm »
Work to whatever way suits you, but you will more than likely find yourself getting quicker at wfp which might make
you rethink and go 100%.
Cant see most customers caring either way.

Smurf

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 08:57:50 pm »
Just wandering how many do this. It's something I do because I think the customer will be happier. I actually think it's quicker this way or am I missing a trick

Nope it's not quicker at all & domestic customers might think it's quite odd you still do both if using a wfp now.

Klean07

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 09:46:18 pm »
+1
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Plankton

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 10:41:40 pm »
Wasn't quicker for me but as SeanK said....

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 11:34:18 pm »
after a while most of us realise that wfpoling nearly all work with a high flow results in an easier,more efficient day with minimal effort.......

however yesterday i went to work in my car with 120L ,backpack,40m of pole hose and a slx 22 plus a little foldaway trolley while my van was in the garage.i tradded a few more ground floor windows and was no slower than usual.i was using more effort lugging barrels but still ended up with a reasonable days earnings(5 hrs on the glass).ok as a back up system.

today though back to van mount.i didnt get my squeegee out once all day!

it varies,depending on work due.i usually do a bit of trad every day but its minimal.
price higher/work harder!

the king

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 06:18:56 am »
i trad some bottoms some i dont it depends on the job and the windows realy most of the time i wfp the lot as its easer and beta clean

Smurf

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 11:03:35 am »
If I'm honest I don't tend to wfp front or back doors as some can leak.  The dodgy looking ones instead will just give them a quick wipe down (rag em instead) if need be. However also in freezing temps you have to obviously screw yer loaf and way up the risk involved of water turning to ice so it's not a great idea to go splashing lots of water about on paving and around entrances to properties.  Still if you have to just brush any standing water off the areas if need be. Some wfp cleaners like to put down salt if need be too.

It has also been know In prolonged winter minus temps some wfp guys to keep themselves earning revert back to trad/trad pole work and do what they can to get a few bob coming in.

ascjim

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2016, 11:52:07 am »
Tooooo slow!

Tom-01

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2016, 02:11:39 pm »
I know a guy who WFP's everything, then squeegees off the water on the downstairs windows and details using a microfibre.

Smurf

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2016, 02:37:28 pm »
I know a guy who WFP's everything, then squeegees off the water on the downstairs windows and details using a microfibre.

I guess old habits die hard if you where trad for years and don't want to lose custom.
I was asked to do that once on one job. I better not repeat what I said though to someone complaining "you left my windows wet". She was an absolute fruit cake as no matter how many times I explained she was having none of it.   Anyway it turned out it would not matter what I had said as she would have forgotten 5mins later anyway so I was totally wasting my time. Bless her ;D

NWH

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2016, 02:56:00 pm »
Most people start like this but soon end up poling the lot I did the same,it's almost like telling them that I should be doing it like this really but I tell you what I will clean the downstairs the right way if you let me get away with doing the tops like this. It will look strange when all of a sudden you start doing them all WFP

Jonny 87

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2016, 07:02:46 pm »
Most people start like this but soon end up poling the lot I did the same,it's almost like telling them that I should be doing it like this really but I tell you what I will clean the downstairs the right way if you let me get away with doing the tops like this. It will look strange when all of a sudden you start doing them all WFP

This is how I feel also.

On,y reason I could see doing it is to save water. It's far quicker to wfp everything though.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2016, 07:07:49 pm »
went trad all tops and water fed the bottoms