This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jo5hm4n

Does this sound right?
« on: January 19, 2016, 06:31:42 pm »
So today i've ran out of my first 25L Tulsion Resin Bag i have ever used.

I ordered it on 15/09/15 and today is 19/01/16 so pretty much lasted 4 months.

I use on average 17-20 Barrells before the Resin RDS raises to around 20, then i change it.  After 15 barrells it goes from 0 all the way to 20 pretty quickly.  The DI Vessel i use is enough to get 5L of Resin in, so the bag should of lasted me 5 times with 25L bag.  Yesterday i put the last 5L of resin in filled 4 barrells up and today checked it and the TDS level was at 26 as i was filling the 6th barrell even though the 4th barrell was still at 0.  Thinking this might be because it was the Resin at the bottom of the bag, plus been in my garage for the last month of cold damp weather?

Anyway the Tap TDS reading is at 165 before it goes in the DI.  Then goes straight into barrells coming out usually at 0 for at least 15 barrells.

For the amount of work im currently doing this is costing me £20 per month in Resin.  Or £1 for around 25L or pure water to produce.

Am i doing something wrong here or does this sound right?  I am still using a trolley system so i don't use more than 500L of pure doing part time WFP work at present.

Is there anyway i can do Tap - RO - DI - Barrell?  Never used RO before not sure how much it would cost me on average or if this is worth doing or not, especially if its a slow process.  I like doing DI because i can fill a 25L barrell in 5 mins max, whilst im sorting other things out at home, so i can fill 10 barrells in an hour which lasts me more than a day.

Feedback would be good guys! :)

advanced

Re: Does this sound right?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 06:41:09 pm »
get an ro system

Matt.

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 06:49:17 pm »
That tap tds is a little on the high side to just di, and I don't think u get the best results from the resin when it's tap direct to di I think the flow is to high, after reading on here wen I needed water quick I would fill my tank up with tap water ( never as high as 100 ) around 080 max really, I would then run the water out my tank through di and back into tank, during my morning just leave system running wen am in and out of trad jobs, by time a few hours has passed you have pure water.

I would defo look at an RO of some sort, I can't fault tulsion 115 I used about 2- 3 25kg bags in the whole of last year, day to day work is mostly trad but have quite a few big jobs I use wfp on

SeanK

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 08:20:52 pm »
To be honest you would be better with an RO but if you want to do something to save on resin now get a second vessel
and double up, the resin your throwing away is still taking the tds down so it will mean less work for the second bottle
allowing it to last longer.

ashbash

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 08:37:32 pm »
My reading is exactly the same at my house. I use a twin di and fill about 20-25 barrels before I need to change on of the vessels. Is can make a difference on the how fast you have the water running to how fast it burns through your resin.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 09:09:22 pm »
To be honest you would be better with an RO but if you want to do something to save on resin now get a second vessel
and double up, the resin your throwing away is still taking the tds down so it will mean less work for the second bottle
allowing it to last longer.

This is a great idea.  Never thought of this before will order another vessel now, hopefully this will make the resin last like 20-30% longer which will work for now until i decide whether or not to start using RO.

ChumBucket

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 09:25:46 pm »
That tap tds is a little on the high side to just di, and I don't think u get the best results from the resin when it's tap direct to di I think the flow is to high, after reading on here wen I needed water quick I would fill my tank up with tap water ( never as high as 100 ) around 080 max really, I would then run the water out my tank through di and back into tank, during my morning just leave system running wen am in and out of trad jobs, by time a few hours has passed you have pure water.

I would defo look at an RO of some sort, I can't fault tulsion 115 I used about 2- 3 25kg bags in the whole of last year, day to day work is mostly trad but have quite a few big jobs I use wfp on

Why did you do that, why not just pump through vessels straight to brush?

Matt.

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 09:47:18 pm »
Just incase  ;D