This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Thinking about taking
« on: January 17, 2016, 05:36:53 pm »
My son on, he is only 16 not sure how much to pay him. Any ideas would be great .
Thanks

Water fed pole by the way..

Smudger

Re: Thinking about taking
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 06:36:01 pm »
Is he your first employee ?

If not - treat as you would your other employees and start on whatever the minimum wage is for that age

If he is, then I'd still do as above and reward accordingly as he genuinely shows he can handle the job, no complaints, eels good time etc...

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 07:37:25 pm »
Thanks smudger I was thinking around £7.25 hour  and like you say if he can cut it give him a bonus.

SeanK

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 07:44:43 pm »
Just remember that he will only be working 46 weeks a year so £7.25 an hour will be more in real terms.

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 07:57:13 pm »
Thanks for the help

Steven Biggs

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 09:45:39 pm »
I took mine on in September , been great , I looked to see if there was an apprenticship for him . And got him on cleaning and environmental services . A couple of phone calls and they bang £ 1500 , in your bank .  ;D. Paid for all his gear . All they do is come out and assess him every couple of months , easy .

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 07:02:55 pm »
Not bad ;D
First day with him today and everything ok, bit slow but that's expected  :)

Matt.

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 07:14:28 pm »
Both my daughters work for me, bit of evening cleaning contracts I have, they both been doing it around there education for a while now
Eldest is 21 an gets £12.50 ph
Little one is 17 an gets £9.00 ph

I don't really make any money on them and if there's no probs each month they get to share £100.

For me it's about installing a work ethic, but hopefully eldest will finish uni this year and go do suton down the lines of her studies and little one is going to uni but wants to go to one 200 miles away ........... = not very happy matt  ???

Bungle

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 07:15:57 pm »
My lad leaves school this summer and he wants to be a sparks. I want him to join me and take my business forward when I retire. Imagine a 20 year old with a round already under his belt and building it up as much as he wants! He could be loaded unlike his old man.
We look at them, they look through them.