This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ashbash

Wfp questions
« on: January 17, 2016, 04:45:26 pm »
swiched to wfp finally and still trying to workout a few bits that I've seen people talk about on here.
I've got a 325 litre system with the R.o and di on board.  I clean the ups the pole at the moment and I'm still trading the bottoms in some areas. Till I'm sure I've got it nailed. I changed to wfp because I was sick of risking my life on a ladder and want the easiest possible working day.
1-is a trigger worth having on the pole and does it make it easier or trickier on the glass day to day.  Does it help save water.
2- I've seen a few guys with a DIY hot water system. Dazmond I think was one. Is it something worth investing in, how much is the set up to add and what's involved.  Are the running costs high for this.
3- keep hearing talk of Vision on the forum. How does it work and does it help..
i know you can google most of this but I'd rather take advice from guys that have actually used them day to day.
Any help would be great
Ash

SeanK

Re: Wfp questions
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 05:18:28 pm »
Having a way to turn your water on and off will certainly save it and there are plenty of different options out there
which all have their plus and minus points. I'm not fussed on triggers as they leave a loop in the pole hose and mean your hand
has to stay in the same position but you might not mind this.
I have never found the need for hot water to do what I need to do and if you Google why hot water removes coffee stains better
there is some interesting reading on which tends to suggest that it wouldn't really benefit us in better cleaning results but again
some like using it for different reasons.
Additives are just a con because the molar count of the solutions used wont stretch to the levels needed unless you add a lot more which will then leave spotting, in other words the majority of what you will be putting the glass will still be nothing more
than water, don't take my word on it ask your local chemist.
The best advice I can give you is to keep it simple and master wfp using cold pure alone and when you have mastered it if you want to experiment with other stuff at least you will have some experience under your belt to be able to better compare.

chris turner

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 05:19:47 pm »
1-
Triggers are rubbish. I would wait for the uni-valve to come out, should be soon. Just a simple pull of the hose to turn water on/off.
Think of pure water as gold dust, anywhere you can save some, do it.

2-
Can't speak of hot personally. Iv never used it in 6 years wfp.

3-

Vision is definitely worth it. Ignore the haters, im sure one in particular will be along soon.
It helps the water sheet down the glass easier and does a better overall job then pure water alone.

chris turner

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 05:20:32 pm »
Having a way to turn your water on and off will certainly save it and there are plenty of different options out there
which all have their plus and minus points. I'm not fussed on triggers as they leave a loop in the pole hose and mean your hand
has to stay in the same position but you might not mind this.
I have never found the need for hot water to do what I need to do and if you Google why hot water removes coffee stains better
there is some interesting reading on which tends to suggest that it wouldn't really benefit us in better cleaning results but again
some like using it for different reasons.
Additives are just a con because the molar count of the solutions used wont stretch to the levels needed unless you add a lot more which will then leave spotting, in other words the majority of what you will be putting the glass will still be nothing more
than water, don't take my word on it ask your local chemist.
The best advice I can give you is to keep it simple and master wfp using cold pure alone and when you have mastered it if you want to experiment with other stuff at least you will have some experience under your belt to be able to better compare.

He beat me to it :P

SeanK

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 06:22:40 pm »
1-
Triggers are rubbish. I would wait for the uni-valve to come out, should be soon. Just a simple pull of the hose to turn water on/off.
Think of pure water as gold dust, anywhere you can save some, do it.

2-
Can't speak of hot personally. Iv never used it in 6 years wfp.

3-

Vision is definitely worth it. Ignore the haters, im sure one in particular will be along soon.
It helps the water sheet down the glass easier and does a better overall job then pure water alone.

Agreed, but I would go one step further by saying ignore everything you read on here about additives, ask somebody who knows what they are talking about like a chemist, the truth is in the science.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 06:28:09 pm »
Ooooh! Well done seank

1. Yes some form of tap, triggers are just about the worst way to control the flow, of all the different things I've used I like the aqua-tap the best - they do save lots of water.

2. Hot water is nice but not essential - it's best advantages of hot is that all the hoses stay supple and easy to use, if you fit an immersion element you'll keep the van from freezing overnight

3. Having used vision and gg4 I will say there is a difference, it is one of the hot topics that divide the forum, I suggest you read some threads or simply buy some and make your own mind up.

Good luck with the change over, as with everything you'll have good and bad days, any problems this forum "should" help you, well some on here will

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

ashbash

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 06:49:09 pm »
Great stuff cheers fellas
Had a feeling you guys may be on the fence about vision😊

the king

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 07:19:33 pm »
u will need a water saving device as some windows will leve runs so u need to b able to swich ur water off to swipe the drips off the top fraim  ect, ive done a vid on this but i cant upload it on here if ur on fb u can watch it tho

SeanK

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2016, 07:40:01 pm »
Ash the majority of problems that your going to get will be from things like vents, openers, dodgy rubber seals and even painted
frames, you might be lucky and get very little if any and most will have a technique to improve the clean similar to what the king has said.
That's what I would be concentrating on and watching out for if I was in your shoes, wfp is a great way to clean windows safely
but its not without it flaws.
Best of luck.

DB Cleaning Services

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2016, 07:55:28 pm »
Aqua-Adapter a must  ;)
Vision A +++++
Hot water ? Never tried

the king

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2016, 06:20:40 am »

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2016, 07:33:42 am »
Ooooh! Well done seank

1. Yes some form of tap, triggers are just about the worst way to control the flow, of all the different things I've used I like the aqua-tap the best - they do save lots of water.

2. Hot water is nice but not essential - it's best advantages of hot is that all the hoses stay supple and easy to use, if you fit an immersion element you'll keep the van from freezing overnight

3. Having used vision and gg4 I will say there is a difference, it is one of the hot topics that divide the forum, I suggest you read some threads or simply buy some and make your own mind up.

Good luck with the change over, as with everything you'll have good and bad days, any problems this forum "should" help you, well some on here will

Darran

good post.

to the OP id just stick to pure water,no additives,no hot water until you gain more experience using wfp.with 325L its good to have a water control device.

i just use a pole tap at brush end but i used aqua-daptors until they kept breaking.

hot water is a luxury and not needed but i use it as it cuts through the dirt easier,nice warm supple hoses but could cost you £50-£70 a month in gas used every day on a full round .it also adds a bit of comfort when working in winter.its great for add on jobs and dirty first cleans used at a higher temperature.

i use vision and it DOES make a difference IMO.you get more shine on glass and frames for sure than pure water alone.again its a luxury as you can clean windows perfectly well with cold pure  but it gives me added satisfaction and pride
price higher/work harder!

SeanK

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2016, 08:23:31 am »
Ooooh! Well done seank

Darran

good post.

to the OP id just stick to pure water,no additives,no hot water until you gain more experience using wfp.with 325L its good to have a water control device.

i just use a pole tap at brush end but i used aqua-daptors until they kept breaking.

hot water is a luxury and not needed but i use it as it cuts through the dirt easier,nice warm supple hoses but could cost you £50-£70 a month in gas used every day on a full round .it also adds a bit of comfort when working in winter.its great for add on jobs and dirty first cleans used at a higher temperature.

i use vision and it DOES make a difference IMO.you get more shine on glass and frames for sure than pure water alone.again its a luxury as you can clean windows perfectly well with cold pure  but it gives me added satisfaction and pride

Added satisfaction and pride, from the same guy who will tell you to clean in all weathers as customers are only cash cows
your words not mine, ;D