This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom-01

Getting my house in order
« on: January 17, 2016, 12:32:30 pm »
Isn't it nice when you get to spend a bit of time going through your database and tidying it up? In the past couple of years I've concentrated on selling our services and getting the work done, that the database got a bit messy with old notes, jobs a bit scatty etc. Now its all looking good and I can see where I can upsell on existing customers and refine our days and where to add jobs etc.

Also getting people on GoCardless in a way I can keep tabs on has helped no end. The bad payers who won't do it will now get an ultimatum - sign up or bejois ciao (Portuguese for goodbye with a kiss)

Refinement. Its all good for a clear head.

Now its snowed all our schedule will probably be mucked up!  :o

Dave Willis

Re: Getting my house in order
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 12:42:43 pm »
Still trying to get my hose in order!

chris turner

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 01:43:57 pm »
Isn't it nice when you get to spend a bit of time going through your database and tidying it up? In the past couple of years I've concentrated on selling our services and getting the work done, that the database got a bit messy with old notes, jobs a bit scatty etc. Now its all looking good and I can see where I can upsell on existing customers and refine our days and where to add jobs etc.

Also getting people on GoCardless in a way I can keep tabs on has helped no end. The bad payers who won't do it will now get an ultimatum - sign up or bejois ciao (Portuguese for goodbye with a kiss)

Snows gone already tom, well has over here in Aldershot.
Can I ask what % of your custards are signed up to go cardless?
I'm still pondering going down that route but seems pointless if say only 10% - 15% sign up.
If 50% +  sign up then that's obviously a tidy little sum deposited into your money pit regularly, which makes it worth doing.

Tom-01

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 01:57:25 pm »

Snows gone already tom, well has over here in Aldershot.
Can I ask what % of your custards are signed up to go cardless?
I'm still pondering going down that route but seems pointless if say only 10% - 15% sign up.
If 50% +  sign up then that's obviously a tidy little sum deposited into your money pit regularly, which makes it worth doing.

Yep its gone here too, I'm not too far from you.

At the moment only about 12% on GoCardless. I am concentrating on habitually bad payers as the majority are pretty good and a few I invoice. I will aim to get as many as I can on it though as it definitely helps a lot. Want to get my debt amount down!

Smurf

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 02:37:51 pm »
It's always good to keep the house in order as my wife keeps nagging me but to be honest I just can't be arsed as I do it when I'm ready and not when I'm told. ;D

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 04:38:43 pm »
Spent two weeks on my updating all the details.

Found some neat little ways to get customer info names,address and tel numbers.

Bit stalker ish lol