This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steven Biggs

Backpack pulsing
« on: January 15, 2016, 03:32:01 pm »
The lad uses a gardiners backpack . I've had it about 4 months but I've  just noticed when he turns his pole tap off to stop the flow it pulses really loud every couple of seconds . Is this normal or does it need tweaking . Cheers barry .

dave f

Re: Backpack pulsing
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 03:47:56 pm »
I have  aback pack that did that when I took it to bits I noticed it had a small leak from the feed to the pump  due to constant movement fixed it then it stopped for a while then started again  I have had a few back packs they don't last very long.so ive packed in using them for now.

Cookie

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 04:10:22 pm »
The lad uses a gardiners backpack . I've had it about 4 months but I've  just noticed when he turns his pole tap off to stop the flow it pulses really loud every couple of seconds . Is this normal or does it need tweaking . Cheers barry .
I have a Gardiners v3 backpack and it does the same. I'd always assumed this was normal ...

wfp master

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 04:45:36 pm »
if no water is leaking out & its pulsing turn the pressure switch down until it stops.  small screw on the side of gardeners b/p.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 04:47:43 pm »

It is quite normal for the pump pressure to switch to pulse a few times after shutting off, but it should not carry on doing it constantly whilst shut-off.

There are two things to look at to stop this:
1. As has been said check for any leaks after the pump - a leaking connector or clip can allow the pressure to decrease leading to pump pulsing. It may be worth removing the base grille from backpack and check the connections inside for any leaks (post pump).

2. The pressure switch may have settled with use and need adjusting. To do this remove the base grille and loosen the fours screws holding the pump feet. Then angle out the pressure switch end of the pump and adjust the central cross-head screw on the end of the pressure switch. Try undoing it (making the switch less sensitive) by 1 whole turn first and then testing, if it does not cure it, then undo the screw by another whole turn and test again. Once it has stopped constantly pulsing with this adjustment then re-assemble.

Steven Biggs

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 04:55:21 pm »
Thanks for the replies . Good detailed one from lord alex ;D. Little job for me tomorrow . Apart from that I think it's a great piece of kit . I end up using it nearly as much as him now .

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 05:18:25 pm »
Thanks for the replies . Good detailed one from lord alex ;D. Little job for me tomorrow . Apart from that I think it's a great piece of kit . I end up using it nearly as much as him now .

yeah mine does it too sometimes although not loudly.i only use it for a few jobs here and there but ill be using it all day on monday while my vans in the garage.i have a little fold away trolley so ill stick it on that.120 L in my car in barrels,SLX 22 and trad more ground floor windows for a change! ;D
price higher/work harder!

Steven Biggs

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 05:22:37 pm »
I've got it strapped on a sturdy little sack truck , he's got 10 metres of hose , slx 25 . And he's flying .  ;D

Walter Mitty

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 11:22:28 am »
When I've had to backpack it for a while, I've avoided this by doing as folows:
Connect a much longer piece of pole hose to the pole than I usually would (I have got into the habit of using hose externally so this helps).
Position the brush against the farthest window and place the backpack at the far end of the pole hose.
Then I go all around the top as far as I can reach (can do all tops ike this on many houses without stopping the water).
Then I switch off the backpack itself and do the same with the ground floor.
That way, I only switch off from the backpack and don't have to do it too often.  It hopefuly eases the strain on the pump/pressure switch.
I noticed that same thing with the backpack and couldn't afford for it to break as I had no other means of working at the time.

Steven Biggs

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 03:08:41 pm »
Well I've been messing about for about an hour . And still no better I've loosened the screw on the pressure switch that much it's nearly out . There's no leaks anywhere . Ant suggestions . Cheers barry .

Micky Barber

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2016, 03:18:17 pm »
Well I've been messing about for about an hour . And still no better I've loosened the screw on the pressure switch that much it's nearly out . There's no leaks anywhere . Ant suggestions . Cheers barry .
The V1 and V2 didn't do this, I have 2 V3s and both pulse despite adjusting the screw and checking for leaks, infact I'm fed up of it.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2016, 03:54:31 pm »
Yep, my one pulses as well, think it's a V2?  I use an aqua dapter and when I stop the water flow it pulses loudly. I will have a go at adjusting the pressure switch to see if it makes any difference

wfp master

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2016, 06:21:18 pm »
ye the V2  pulses.

Micky Barber

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2016, 06:46:51 pm »
ye the V2  pulses.
My V1 and V2 pulsed but you could cure it turning the screw it  doesn't cure it on the V3