This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smurf

Jonny 87

Re: Battery charger?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 11:02:37 pm »
http://www.ctek.com/gb/en/chargers/MXS%205.0

Best charger out there in my opinion.

I was recommended them a few years ago by someon who consistently got about 4 or 5 years out of a leisure battery.

So far I've had my current leisure battery for nearly three years and is still holding its charge like the day I bought it, so I'd very much vouch for c-tek chargers.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dave f

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 03:31:30 pm »
why don't you get a durite split charger off fleebay only 3 wires 10mins to fit I'm not jokeing a 10 year old could fit it I binned my old split charger for one of these you can get a kit for a few extra quid or just the relay for 35 quid trust me its the best money you can spend plus no more faffing about its easy to wire. live from battery to terminal with red dot on the charger then wire from terminal with no red dot to the liveon lesure  ???battery then earth from charger to any metal body then earth from van battery to negative on leasure battery there is a you tube vid if you get connfused

Perfect Windows

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 03:35:09 pm »

I was recommended them a few years ago by someon who consistently got about 4 or 5 years out of a leisure battery.

So far I've had my current leisure battery for nearly three years and is still holding its charge like the day I bought it, so I'd very much vouch for c-tek chargers.

You've cracked me.  You've mentioned this every single time chargers come up.  I've ordered one.  So if it's rubbish I'll be banging at your door to complain.

Vin

dave f

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 03:40:16 pm »
 ;D ;D ive got shares .don't no why people fart about  wi chargers when their is a simple alternative .it must be the engineer in me I cant seem to shake it off

Jamie Thomas

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 05:42:00 pm »
I have the lidil one. Had it over a year. I use it to charge my leisure battery and when my van battery was knackered I was using it to charge that at night till I dragged me arse to Euro car parts to get another. I'm still using it

Jonny 87

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 07:15:26 pm »

You've cracked me.  You've mentioned this every single time chargers come up.  I've ordered one.  So if it's rubbish I'll be banging at your door to complain.

Vin

You won't be disappointed vin. It's the dogs dangleys.  ;D

It's got a "recon" setting to give a trickle charge and it's supposed to prolong life of the battery.

I've used that on a 110 amp yuasa battery, and even after a day or so's work my battery is still reading 12.7 volts. It's much better than the cheaper chargers you can pick up.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 09:51:22 pm »
@Jonny 87

Where did you order it and how much?
It's a game of three halves!

Lee GLS

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 08:40:40 am »

I got the ctek charger as well but I bought the 7amp version as I have s massive leisure battery and needed the high amp charger to handle charging it.

I think there was a review in one of the caravan mags and the ctek came out on top. I can't say if it's any good yet because I haven't had it long enough but the reviews are good and the recon function is supposed to revive old batteries.

steven ainger

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2016, 09:39:10 am »
Ive had my Ctek charger nearly 9 years, never had any issues with it, and normally get about 4 years ish out of a 85amh battery.
Would definitely buy another if needed

nathankaye

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2016, 12:13:53 pm »

Relay chargers are good if you are traveling long routes. Sadly I dont. I also dont like the cost of running the van on a job, simply to power/charge battery whilst on a job. So simple method!! Ive fixed a 20watt solar panel to top of van that constantly trickle charges my battery. If im working or not.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

duncan h

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 01:19:38 pm »

:g:bGIAAOxyF81SAMiX

Vin

It's got a "recon" setting to give a trickle charge and it's supposed to prolong life of the battery.

I've used that on a 110 amp yuasa battery, and even after a day or so's work my battery is still reading 12.7 volts. It's much better than the cheaper chargers you can pick up.

Top charger, but not very powerful. I use more traditional. Got a very expensive fully auto charger. It died just after warranty. I still use my 40 year old charger. Next one will be like this  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maypole-Heavy-Duty-Steel-20-Amp-12v-24v-Car-Van-Tractor-Battery-Charger-MP730-/261260248521?hash=item3cd45305c9:g:bGIAAOxyF81SAMiX

Perfect Windows

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2016, 11:15:31 pm »

It's arrived; very nice looking bit of kit.  My two batteries given the full recondition charge today, one still topping up.  I'll lend it to all the franchisees over the next week or to give their batteries a workout.

Thanks for the advice.

Vin

dd

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2016, 07:33:24 am »

What setting do you use it on?

Jonny 87

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2016, 08:33:52 am »
@Jonny 87

Where did you order it and how much?

Vins link to Amazon above is the best place. Think I paid about £60 from eBay.

Jonny 87

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2016, 08:36:43 am »

It's arrived; very nice looking bit of kit.  My two batteries given the full recondition charge today, one still topping up.  I'll lend it to all the franchisees over the next week or to give their batteries a workout.

Thanks for the advice.

Vin

No prob.

You can get lots of accessories to go along with ctek kit as well. Little led light indicator showing how full the battery is etc. If you like gadgets that Is. :)

Jonny 87

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2016, 08:39:52 am »

What setting do you use it on?

I use it on "car" and "recon" . The recondition light is the last light as you cycle through the settings. It's supposed to give a more gentle charge which puts batteries in a better condition for longer.
If you need a quick charge just put it the car mode and that's fine.

It easily charges my 110 amp overnight. Although I suspect it doesn't take anywhere near a full night to charge, I just notice it's full in the morning.

dd

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2016, 04:51:25 pm »
OK thanks.