This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steven Biggs

Partnerships .
« on: January 14, 2016, 04:08:46 pm »
I'm thinking of making the lad a partner . I'm hitting 50 this month and wanting to slow down a little . He's grafting really well and want to reward him and give him some more incentives and a bit more responsibility . Has anyone got any advice on the pros and cons , is it more work for the accountant anything else . Or would. I be better just giving him a wage rise .  ;) cheers barry .

NWH

Re: Partnerships .
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 04:44:03 pm »
One thing is certain if you make him a partner you will see the true him I take it he's not your son,all of a sudden he's equal to you ie hours he works days off deciding he doesn't want to clean that house anymore the list goes on. Had someone work for me for quiet a few years and then he met a woman that tried to run my business for me lol hence he was down the road with a flea in his ear.

andyM

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 04:44:38 pm »
Make sure you get him to sign a Pre-nup.  ;D
One of the Plebs

NWH

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 04:46:23 pm »
How to change someone's personality overnight,make them a partner lol.

Steven Biggs

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 04:48:26 pm »
He his my son . I would never make an employee a partner .

NWH

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 04:50:41 pm »
Oh right different story then,what a lovely Dad you are. ✍✍

andyM

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 04:53:17 pm »
He his my son . I would never make an employee a partner .

The both of you might even be better off doing that for tax purposes.
If you speak to an accountant they will be able to better advise.

One of the Plebs

Steven Biggs

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 05:45:05 pm »
Yeh I'm  a nice dad ; i mght even let him make the sarnies D I will phone the accountant up next week . See what he says as well . Could be a tax saving somewhere  :D

Positivity

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 07:30:10 am »
Partnership tax return is more complicated expect an increase in accountant fees.
You have to complete a partnership statement for the Partnership.
Each partner has to complete a partnership SA104 tax return.
Then each individual has to complete a Self Assessment Tax return.

8weekly

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 03:09:56 pm »
One thing is certain if you make him a partner you will see the true him I take it he's not your son,all of a sudden he's equal to you ie hours he works days off deciding he doesn't want to clean that house anymore the list goes on. Had someone work for me for quiet a few years and then he met a woman that tried to run my business for me lol hence he was down the road with a flea in his ear.
;D

Rich Wilts

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 03:13:24 pm »

Did she suggest cleaning conservatory roofs for free was a poor business move?

NWH

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 04:54:00 pm »
No she was my pet hate actually,I've never been a fan of fat women she stood on a mirror once and shouted blimey I wondered where that had gone.

mark coates

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 11:09:42 pm »
Partnership tax return is more complicated expect an increase in accountant fees.
You have to complete a partnership statement for the Partnership.
Each partner has to complete a partnership SA104 tax return.
Then each individual has to complete a Self Assessment Tax return.
Although each partner has to complete a self assessment tax return only 1 partner has to complete a partnership return, not each individual partner.

My business is a partnership with myself, my wife and father in law. With the current tax allowance at £10000 the business has to NET profit more than £30000 per year for any of us to pay tax. I think most people who work with family members would be better off tax wise if they made their business a partnership.