Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shane O Neill

Pump Problems pls Help
« on: January 14, 2016, 01:33:12 pm »
Hi Guys have an intermittent problem with my pump  :-\ runs for say 7 sec then dig controller goes 0 with bat flashing returns at say 65pressure and again runs  for 7sec..... can anyone give me advice/help please?

Smudger

Re: Pump Problems pls Help
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 01:36:59 pm »
Assuming your battery is in good condition you are looking at a loose connection, maybe some corrosion on the battery terminal spade connectors or fuse, possibly a break in the wire

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Spruce

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 02:00:50 pm »
I would say it's likely to be a calibration issue with the controller - not sure about the 7 seconds though as that's rather a long time between 'pulses'.

Do a search under calibration on here and you will find tons of questions and answers.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 11:37:16 am »
Hi Guys have an intermittent problem with my pump  :-\ runs for say 7 sec then dig controller goes 0 with bat flashing returns at say 65pressure and again runs  for 7sec..... can anyone give me advice/help please?

Hi Shane

When the controllers flashes "Bat" what is the voltage? if it is below 10.5V (11V with V9 controller) the controller will shut down the pump.

Also is this happening toward the end of the day when battery is getting low?

How old is the battery and how often are you charging it?
What is the Voltage display with the pump off?

If the voltage is dropping more than 0.4V when the battery comes under load from the pump, It may suggest the battery is worn.

If the battery is relatively new It may just need a long bench charge to bring the capacity up. Remember as the battery charges the amps and volts produced by the charger fall.

Separately is it the flow rate that goes to Zero then back to 65? Or is the controller showing "bat" then zero? If its the second one this again would suggest the battery is very low.
A pump needs a minimum of 9V to operate. As Smudger I would suggest checking all the connections and cables replace any that are corroded including the fuse holder.
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 02:29:56 pm »
I do not think this is a controller calibration issue. As I would expect either DE or PS to display in that instance.

The seven second delay may be a sign that the battery capacity is low.  With a controller your pump will draw between 2 and 4 amps an hour.  Battery manufacturers recommendation is a battery should not be drained below 10.5V or 50% of its amp hour capacity.

So for example if you have assuming a fully charged 75AH battery 50% of the capacity is 37.5 amps available to run the system or between 9 and 18 hrs work.

As the battery ages its ability to hold a charge diminishes so the work time will reduce per charge.

Back to the 7 seconds. If the battery capacity is low it will struggle to provide power to the pump. ( The pump needs a minimum of 9V to operate ) With low capacity what happens is the pump draws current the battery is not able to supply it, The pump tries to pull more current resulting in the battery voltage collapsing. The control detecting low volts stops the pump. The battery recovers slightly as do the volts, So the pump runs for a few seconds - Voltages collapse and the cycle continues

From the initial information my feeling is the battery is the issue
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology