Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike #1

Re: everyones going WFP
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2016, 07:19:47 am »
There's an oldish guy I see now and again, cleans half a cul de sac whilst I do the other half.
He's always done his half with ladders, last time I saw him though he turned up in his Peugeot 106, massive pole sticking through the front passenger window, backseats down with a trolley system and loads of barrels in the back.
He drives 40 miles and back each day to buy his pure from a supplier as he doesn't know how to make his own. I tried to explain it all to him but got the feeling he couldn't really be bothered to setup a decent system.
Also was shocked how quick he done his half of the cul de sac, 4 × 4 bed houses in about 20 mins!
He didn't touch the frames though, just a quick 1 pass of the glass and quick spray.
Not sure how he gets away with it.

Only a matter of time before he gets complaints one simple mistake like catching tops of filthy frames and getting dirty runs , Slap & Dash springs to mind but they think they're doing a great job and don't have a clue must have been crap as trad as well .

the king

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2016, 07:27:09 am »
i picked up a job 2 years ago ish the trad guy broke a tile so they cancled him for me as i wfp this road never had a issue since also i brought a couple roads of a trad guy as it was to high for him now he like 60+ dident lose 1 single job when i swiched them to wfp tops trad bottoms in fact ive had some comments saying how mch cleaner the glass is even tho im 7 weekly he was 5 weekly  ;D one guy said my misses wont like that water left on the glass i said it will dry spot 3 well she was one of them who said how mch beta the clean was lmfao

the king

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2016, 07:29:00 am »
there is a few guys in my area now that were trad only and now starting to swich over to wfp i saw a guy b 4 xmass who has now got a trollie system ;D

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2016, 01:29:45 pm »
I'm going back to trad. Hopefully start a trend.

I'm gonna  move to Biggleswade - apparently there's loads of WFP work available there  ;D

haha. Although had some cancel recently. They didn't realise I left the Windows wet lol. I won't be covering Biggleswade anymore as buying a house where all my work is so will be too far :)

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2016, 03:24:28 pm »
is trad on ladders dying out finally?a few guys ive known for years are finally making the switch (one after 25 years on the ladders,the other 10 years).another few guys are now using WFP on domestics and not just commercial after years of saying "our customers wont like it". ;D
christmas presents,give it a couple of week and the poles will be at the back of the shed or on the tip

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2016, 09:27:58 pm »
I'm still trad and going strong!! I have considered switching over for a while, at the moment I'm young and fit and don't mind ladders, if I ever can't be bothered I do bottoms and the lad who works for me goes up there  :D :D :D  I can see benefits of wfp, I have 2 large estates that are 50% of my work that have no rear access apart from over the garage or through the garage. Most aren't in during the day or their garages full of junk, so wfp I'd need a ladder at every call to up and over anyway, plus I'm pretty quick at trad, between us we do £40-£50 an hour easily some work even more, £7 an hour for him means I'm on a good wage and enjoying my work, il switch over one day I'm sure , May even do half and half before next winter comes ;)
when life throws you water, clean windows

Smurf

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2016, 10:13:10 pm »
That's what most trad guy's say but I know first hand you can't beat gravity and the sudden stop at the end sure hurts like hell  ;D

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2016, 10:59:39 pm »
That's what most trad guy's say but I know first hand you can't beat gravity and the sudden stop at the end sure hurts like hell  ;D

I never rush and get out of my comfort zone, safety first  :P plus I'm 6 and a half foot at the top of an average house window my feet are 3 foot off the floor I should just jump haha
when life throws you water, clean windows