This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: What are your Business Outgoings?
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2016, 08:48:37 am »
Interesting to see everybodys comments on here and difference of opinion too!

I was just interested to see roughly what you full time experienced window cleaners are spending on average.   First thing i would say is that you need to be detailed with your expenditure and realistic to what you actually spend and don't miss anything out.

Here is a breakdown of my plan of expenditure this year, or when i decide to upgrade my equipment and aim to go full time.
PLEASE NOTE - THIS ISN'T 100% ACCURATE JUST A ROUGH PLAN SO FAR.
Monthly/Yearly
Breakdown Cover   £12.50   £150
Internet + Phone   £40    £480
Printing Supplies   £5   £60
Van Insurance    £54    £650
Fuel     £80   £960
Moto Account   £12    £144
DVLA Vehicle Tax    £20    £240
Worldpay   £10   £120
WC Equipment*   £100   £1,200
Liability Insurance    £15   £180
Van Maintenance     £40   £480
Bank Loan  £185  £2,220
(Loan for £10k for van + System over 5 years, I Don't want a cheap setup)

Total   £566   £6,794

*WC Equipment is to cover Resin, Water Bill, IT, Trad Equipment and anything else Miscellaneaous.

Do you think this is too much or about average?

Lastly, how much should i be doing per week turnover wise as a one man band full time.  Without a decent van setup i currently do £150 on a winters day - Trad + WFP Trolley.  I'm thinking that £750 per week is manageable 4/5 days a week especially more so Spring/Summer, what do you think?

i think this is a well thought out plan and realistic and achievable.you can earn  £750 a week but you need the work in the first place.thats the hard part getting good solid reliable customers that pay you month in/month out. :)
price higher/work harder!

SeanK

« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2016, 09:03:19 am »

I was just interested to see roughly what you full time experienced window cleaners are spending on average.   First thing i would say is that you need to be detailed with your expenditure and realistic to what you actually spend and don't miss anything out.

Here is a breakdown of my plan of expenditure this year, or when i decide to upgrade my equipment and aim to go full time.
Monthly/Yearly
Fuel     £80   £960
Worldpay   £10   £120
Bank Loan  £185  £2,220

Total   £566   £6,794

*WC Equipment is to cover Resin, Water Bill, IT, Trad Equipment and anything else Miscellaneaous.

Lastly, how much should i be doing per week turnover wise as a one man band full time.  Without a decent van setup i currently do £150 on a winters day - Trad + WFP Trolley.  I'm thinking that £750 per week is manageable 4/5 days a week especially more so Spring/Summer, what do you think?

i think this is a well thought out plan and realistic and achievable.you can earn  £750 a week but you need the work in the first place.thats the hard part getting good solid reliable customers that pay you month in/month out. :)

Would agree with Dazmond, you could earn £750 a week in most parts of the country if you put your mind to it.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2016, 09:07:15 am »

Monthly/Yearly
Fuel     £80   £960
Worldpay   £10   £120
Bank Loan  £185  £2,220

Total   £566   £6,794

That doesn't look unreasonable in total.
A couple of minor things though:  Apparently you can't offset line rental for a phone unless it's a dedicated business line.  Also, you would be pushed to explain the cost of broadband, if there were a query from HMRC.  In instances like this, it may be better to offset some of the call charges and a proportion of the broadband.
Likewise with the van.  If you have a car as well, then 100% allowance for the van would be fine.  However, if no car then maybe only offset a large proportion of the van as there is probably some personal use too.  This would apply also to interest on van loan payments.
If you were ever to be the subject of an HMRC investigation, that could be the sort of thing they might pick up on.
£750 a week turnover is manageable once you have an established workload.  I haven't even done that some years but have had to do more work in recent times to cover higher outgoings.
Oh for the days when I could shin up a ladder and have a very good lifestyle on £300 a week.  Debt-free, but stress-free too.

trippyboy

« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2016, 12:19:31 pm »

andyM

« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2016, 01:36:16 pm »
£455 for Workwear.
Who makes your T-shirts.....Gucci?  ;D
One of the Plebs

SeanK

« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2016, 01:46:30 pm »
£455 for Workwear.
Who makes your T-shirts.....Gucci?  ;D

The same company from where he buys his ink, I'm thinking Harrods. ;D

trippyboy

« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2016, 02:24:10 pm »
Waterproof trainers × 3
Printed polos x6
summer bike mits × 10
showa 490 gloves x3
summer socks x6
winter socks x6
Printed baseball caps x4
joggy bottoms x2
Summer shorts x2
sunglasses x3
Headover x 1
No Gucci im affraid

Walter Mitty

« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2016, 07:45:01 pm »

Very comprehensive.  I do a simiar list, but with slightly less detail.  The extra detail could be extracted if necessary (e.g. I lump fuel costs in with other vehicle expenses and just call it "vehicle").
BTW.  It's stationery rather than stationary.

Dave Willis

« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2016, 07:58:05 pm »
How do you get road tax that high? Two vans?

trippyboy

« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2016, 10:32:55 pm »

How do you get road tax that high? Two vans?
   within that time period I purchased 6 months rd tax in March and 12 months in september

trippyboy

« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2016, 10:37:09 pm »
[img width=970
Very comprehensive.  I do a simiar list, but with slightly less detail.  The extra detail could be extracted if necessary (e.g. I lump fuel costs in with other vehicle expenses and just call it "vehicle").
BTW.  It's stationery rather than stationary.
[/quot
its just how George spits it out