Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Perfect Windows

Re: Are window cleaning franchises too cheap ??
« Reply #200 on: January 16, 2016, 11:11:47 am »
A franchisee will always be more motivated than an employee - he's got more to lose.

I'd prefer to say that he has more to gain.

Vin

ChumBucket

« Reply #201 on: January 16, 2016, 11:18:21 am »
How many do you need you mean to make it viable,I reckon you would need at least 10-15 to be totally dedicated to getting work and be off the tools and build from there but like pyramid selling.

I don't think you could achieve 10-15 although I would imagine 5 would be good enough for most.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #202 on: January 16, 2016, 11:40:28 am »
I owe a debt of gratitude  to NWH whose increasingly desperate attempts to convince you all that franchising is a waste of time have had the opposite effect:  I have had four new enquiries about my system from people who could see that if he is so illogically intent on 'proving' how useless it is, there must actually be something in it.

Keep up the good work ;D

Just started Outlook to check the mail before I go out and there's an enquiry in there from a potential franchisee.  Thanks, NWT!

Vin

Smurf

« Reply #203 on: January 16, 2016, 11:50:27 am »
Admin get to grips with the free advertising on here  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #204 on: January 16, 2016, 12:43:14 pm »
In the franchising route you will always get a better candidate,

They most likely had a decent occupation in the past, have a family to provide for and the cash to invest, either savings or redundancy. By their nature they will be more motivated and successful. They can see a buisness oppertunity that they control, it's ready to roll and can build on it with a backup team.

We employ, and fortunately for me Mrs smudger is a great people person with a great knowledge from recruitment so far our team of guys are as dedicated as we are, that's not to we've had the odd lemon thrown in!

Both option allow you too come away from the tools and see the bigger picture, developed the biz and keep growing, if you can't let go, and feel that you are the only one who do it correctly and constantly micro manage then both options are not for you.

Our customers can get anyone of 5 different cleaners, there's never an issue, they know our staff will do a top job - only when I very first moved off the glass did we receive the odd grumble but nothing like that for the last three years! - it's about managing customers expectations.

We have 75 rounds over the four week cycle, it takes between 4 to 6 months for a new guy to see them all.

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

NWH

« Reply #205 on: January 16, 2016, 03:35:59 pm »
20% wouldn't be enough for me to consider it,like I said it all sounds lovely though.

NWH

« Reply #206 on: January 16, 2016, 03:37:04 pm »
75 rounds mmm,what is each round making.

Smudger

« Reply #207 on: January 16, 2016, 03:40:11 pm »
thats between me, my accountant and unfortunately tax and vat man 😖

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

ChumBucket

« Reply #208 on: January 16, 2016, 03:41:30 pm »
75 rounds mmm,what is each round making.

The statement is meaningless unless it's qualified with data.

I have One round, it takes me around Eight weeks to get round it working full time. I can't imagine doing 75 of them rounds. ;D

NWH

« Reply #209 on: January 16, 2016, 03:42:39 pm »
Just interested to know how much each round is doing..

NWH

« Reply #210 on: January 16, 2016, 03:43:57 pm »
Exactly so what does he class as a round that's all I was asking mine is similar.

NWH

« Reply #211 on: January 16, 2016, 03:48:20 pm »
so he's doing 250k a year minimum yeah for this model to work.

Smudger

« Reply #212 on: January 16, 2016, 03:48:37 pm »
A round is a day's work.

We run a 4 wky cycle, so 20 days each has 4 separate rounds ( or runs if you like ) some days have three rounds due to larger commercial works

Darran

Smudger

« Reply #213 on: January 16, 2016, 03:49:13 pm »

No comment  ;)

NWH

« Reply #214 on: January 16, 2016, 03:51:13 pm »
I know what I can earn so I know roughly what are good figures,I'm not paying a few grand in TAX lol

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #215 on: January 16, 2016, 04:03:39 pm »

No comment  ;)

Darran's guys are full time, not part time.

NWH

« Reply #216 on: January 16, 2016, 04:10:29 pm »
Makes no difference what they are turning over its irrelevant,if it was a franchise model based on the 20% he would be ending up with a rough figure of 2k after 45% tax etc.All depending on cash jobs so on and so forth.

Dave Willis

« Reply #217 on: January 16, 2016, 04:26:33 pm »
Isn't  that the idea of franchising? You don't pay the tax they do unless your royalties go into that bracket. Keep up. The plan would eventually be to run your royalties up to and just below the higher rate if you got that far but you'd need a dammed good business.

Smudger

« Reply #218 on: January 16, 2016, 04:32:21 pm »
Dave - I think the whole thing of business development is above Nigel's head.

Darran

Smudger

« Reply #219 on: January 16, 2016, 04:34:25 pm »
Makes no difference what they are turning over its irrelevant,if it was a franchise model based on the 20% he would be ending up with a rough figure of 2k after 45% tax etc.All depending on cash jobs so on and so forth.

What have cash jobs to do with anything ?

Darran