This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Perfect Windows

Re: Are window cleaning franchises too cheap ??
« Reply #160 on: January 15, 2016, 05:45:23 pm »
I'm in Scotland, I don't have to price ' high' to earn a very good hourly rate, but then I don't have to over clean a property either to justify a high price.

That's a fair point.  I sometimes have to dawdle to avoid embarrassment!

Vin

Perfect Windows

« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2016, 05:50:53 pm »
...even learning to know where your going on a round so that your fully up to speed takes time,months in some cases years if your right out in the sticks when even satnav won't help you.

You might want to recruit people with IQs in double figures.  Someone who takes "years" to know where they are going on a regular window cleaning round needs a one-way ticket to Dignitas.

Where do I get one of these "only work in town" satnavs?  Are they cheaper than the ones that do everywhere?  More seriously:

What he does is what you do in any job you go out with someone competent and learn it,you do it day in day out until someone like me says your ready to start doing some work  on your own. Someone comes along with a few grand and says I want to start window cleaning and someone with so called knowledge says there you go John off you go good luck,don't worry I'll keep getting your more houses to lose its laughable I would be waiting for the phone to ring if I'd sent him out.

Serious question, do you really think that's what we do? Sending someone out to do £1,000 a week from kick off with no training or hand-holding at all?  Give it a moment's thought and you'll realise that unless we're seriously stupid there is no way we'd do that.  So, quite clearly we don't do that. 

By all means disagree but building an argument on something that no-one in their right minds would be doing is pointless and not worthy of further response.  Make sensible points about the way we actually do run the business and I'll engage.

Vin

NWH

« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2016, 06:26:20 pm »
So you give them say a grand of work to do and they give you £200 for it is that really worth the trouble,why not employ someone pay them 500 and get 500 for doing none of the work yourself does that make more sense,for every £1000 worth of work you get them you get 200 are you honestly saying that work is looked at and cherry picked or is it just a numbers game for you surely it is a numbers game. I would be looking to get as much work in as I could any old work as long as it amounted to a sum that I was looking to get my commission on,4 thousand pounds worth of work for 800 commission phew if that is all quality work I would be very surprised good luck to you.

Tom-01

« Reply #163 on: January 15, 2016, 06:33:28 pm »
I don't think franchising is for you NWH. Or employing. Or typing for that matter.

ChumBucket

« Reply #164 on: January 15, 2016, 06:35:08 pm »
I don't think franchising is for you NWH. Or employing. Or typing for that matter.

What makes you think that? ;D

Perfect Windows

« Reply #165 on: January 15, 2016, 06:43:11 pm »
So you give them say a grand of work to do and they give you £200 for it is that really worth the trouble,why not employ someone pay them 500 and get 500 for doing none of the work yourself does that make more sense,for every £1000 worth of work you get them you get 200 are you honestly saying that work is looked at and cherry picked or is it just a numbers game for you surely it is a numbers game. I would be looking to get as much work in as I could any old work as long as it amounted to a sum that I was looking to get my commission on,4 thousand pounds worth of work for 800 commission phew if that is all quality work I would be very surprised good luck to you.

I may be missing something but if I were to employ, why would that affect the quality of work?  I'd get them in exactly the same way as I do now so I'm struggling to see why the customers would be better if I employed rather than franchised.

Ref the first question, why not employ and get 50%, I rather think you've answered that yourself when you have discussed at great length the problems you have with employees.   If you're offering people 80% of what they turn over, you're going to be able to choose more motivated people who can cope with a satnav.

Vin

NWH

« Reply #166 on: January 15, 2016, 06:52:26 pm »
We will see you in Vegas soon giving business seminars yeah lol.

p1w1

« Reply #167 on: January 15, 2016, 06:58:41 pm »
brilliant lol I think your right

Perfect Windows

« Reply #168 on: January 15, 2016, 07:00:40 pm »
We will see you in Vegas soon giving business seminars yeah lol.

Possibly you'll get there first. 

I must say that conversation with you is otiose*.

Vin

* look it up, I had to.

NWH

« Reply #169 on: January 15, 2016, 07:10:50 pm »
How dare you I have a Ford Focus a 15 year old van 2 holidays a year at a couple of Haven camps and a fat wife so I'm doing really well thanks lol,I'm really glad we had this discussion on franchising it's really opened my eyes to how I could be earning more money from this game. I'm off out canvassing now for 10 grands worth of work after TAX I'll be earning less than I was on the tools but he ho that's business,up here for thinking down there for dancing and all that lol. 🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

NWH

« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2016, 07:12:07 pm »
If that first bit was true I'd take you up on that dignitas offer lol.

NWH

« Reply #171 on: January 15, 2016, 07:18:54 pm »
Otiose a window cleaner using this word is someone who once thought they would make something of there life but ended up cleaning windows yeah,i must admit though when using words like this it does give the impression your cleverer than you are.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #172 on: January 15, 2016, 07:26:59 pm »

Love it :)

Walter Mitty

« Reply #173 on: January 15, 2016, 07:28:40 pm »
Walter kicks off his shoes, puts his feet up and opens another bag of popcorn.

ChumBucket

« Reply #174 on: January 15, 2016, 07:31:28 pm »
Otiose a window cleaner using this word is someone who once thought they would make something of there life but ended up cleaning windows yeah,i must admit though when using words like this it does give the impression your cleverer than you are.

Probably the most accurate statement of the whole thread!! ;D ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #175 on: January 15, 2016, 07:52:17 pm »
Brilliant, I love this thread!

Nigel, could you make a sandwich?
Are you capable of making a cup of coffee?
Could you sprinkle a lawn with fertilizer?
How much training would you need to mow the lawn?
Could you possibly fry a burger?
I bet you couldn't clean the oven?
Can you flick a duster about?
Deep fry a chicken leg?

All successful franchises almost as hard as cleaning windows.  ::)roll

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #176 on: January 15, 2016, 09:06:07 pm »
I have thoroughly enjoyed every post on this thread, including my own ;D

Regardless of all the misinformed, self opinionated outpourings decrying franchising and purporting to prove why it can never work or be successful can I just add a simple comment from the point of view of someone who actually has experience (a) as a franchisee and (b) as a franchisor?  (For three years in the late 90's I was a franchisee of a company called FiltaFry who serviced deep fryers in catering establishments)

Franchising works

That is a fact.  Denying it is akin  to telling the Wright Brothers "It'll never get off the ground"

Mick Kent may have been talking tongue in cheek when he said: in 10 years i could have 30 franchisee's cleaning 120k a month with 30k in royalties to me a month.  It is perfectly possible.  The only reason I haven't progressed nearer this goal is that I started this when I was 62 with the intention of retiring when I reached 65.

I appointed franchisee no. 1 in September 2006, over the following three years I appointed a new franchisee every six months so that when I reached retirement in late 2009 I had 6 franchisees and an income of £50,000 plus per year in royalties and my State and private pension.

I did it all myself with the help of my wife.  I canvassed the work, trained the franchisees, did everything necessary to ensure I had a solid successful business.

If I had continued then in 9 years I would have had 18 franchisees and an income of  £150,000 per year.  Had I started this when I was a young man I would quite literally be a millionaire.

My wife then had the idea that I should condense all my experience into a business package and market it.  This also was successful - I have sold 25+ of my packages at £1,500 each.  Several of my customers have commented on this thread, including probably the most high profile one: Vin Kennedy.

I owe a debt of gratitude  to NWH whose increasingly desperate attempts to convince you all that franchising is a waste of time have had the opposite effect:  I have had four new enquiries about my system from people who could see that if he is so illogically intent on 'proving' how useless it is, there must actually be something in it.

Keep up the good work ;D

For anyone who would like to hear the opinions of someone who actually has experience of franchising, and has succeeded in it, rather than the endless negative content of some of the posts on this thread, just click on the link at the bottom of my posts:  www.jolisian...........

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #177 on: January 15, 2016, 09:53:18 pm »
No such thing as bad press  :)

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #178 on: January 15, 2016, 10:29:43 pm »
I have thoroughly enjoyed every post on this thread, including my own ;D

Regardless of all the misinformed, self opinionated outpourings decrying franchising and purporting to prove why it can never work or be successful can I just add a simple comment from the point of view of someone who actually has experience (a) as a franchisee and (b) as a franchisor?  (For three years in the late 90's I was a franchisee of a company called FiltaFry who serviced deep fryers in catering establishments)

Franchising works

That is a fact.  Denying it is akin  to telling the Wright Brothers "It'll never get off the ground"

Mick Kent may have been talking tongue in cheek when he said: in 10 years i could have 30 franchisee's cleaning 120k a month with 30k in royalties to me a month.  It is perfectly possible.  The only reason I haven't progressed nearer this goal is that I started this when I was 62 with the intention of retiring when I reached 65.

I appointed franchisee no. 1 in September 2006, over the following three years I appointed a new franchisee every six months so that when I reached retirement in late 2009 I had 6 franchisees and an income of £50,000 plus per year in royalties and my State and private pension.

I did it all myself with the help of my wife.  I canvassed the work, trained the franchisees, did everything necessary to ensure I had a solid successful business.

If I had continued then in 9 years I would have had 18 franchisees and an income of  £150,000 per year.  Had I started this when I was a young man I would quite literally be a millionaire.

My wife then had the idea that I should condense all my experience into a business package and market it.  This also was successful - I have sold 25+ of my packages at £1,500 each.  Several of my customers have commented on this thread, including probably the most high profile one: Vin Kennedy.

I owe a debt of gratitude  to NWH whose increasingly desperate attempts to convince you all that franchising is a waste of time have had the opposite effect:  I have had four new enquiries about my system from people who could see that if he is so illogically intent on 'proving' how useless it is, there must actually be something in it.

Keep up the good work ;D

For anyone who would like to hear the opinions of someone who actually has experience of franchising, and has succeeded in it, rather than the endless negative content of some of the posts on this thread, just click on the link at the bottom of my posts:  www.jolisian...........
    Duplication, it just makes so much sense, and shag the begrudgers.

NWH

« Reply #179 on: January 15, 2016, 11:16:42 pm »
Begrudges oh dear lol