This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ChumBucket

Re: Are window cleaning franchises too cheap ??
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2016, 07:57:37 am »
Great threat well done Ian 101 for opening up a decent debate, I think if you look at the posts it's easy to see the differences in people's approach not only to work but to fellow human beings...

I have respect for Ian and vin and the way they tackle their biz, I took a different route to employ but still see the pro's in their system.

It's seems some just like to put others down, spouting that their work is far superior to everyone else's - well a window is a window, and at least vin wasn't given his round from his old man.

Franchises for both parties works well - as does employing, it's typical of some ( a British disease ) to envy those to wish to be a suscess, in the states these guys would be celebrated for creating work and employment

Darran

Hypocrite springs to mind here.... Solar Steve?? ::)roll
Walter Mitty springs to mind.  ;D

True though eh. ;)

British disease,,,,, blah blah blah my backside!! He (and you) shoot that man down at every opportunity for doing exactly what he is defending someone else for. ;D

8weekly

« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2016, 07:59:37 am »
Great threat well done Ian 101 for opening up a decent debate, I think if you look at the posts it's easy to see the differences in people's approach not only to work but to fellow human beings...

I have respect for Ian and vin and the way they tackle their biz, I took a different route to employ but still see the pro's in their system.

It's seems some just like to put others down, spouting that their work is far superior to everyone else's - well a window is a window, and at least vin wasn't given his round from his old man.

Franchises for both parties works well - as does employing, it's typical of some ( a British disease ) to envy those to wish to be a suscess, in the states these guys would be celebrated for creating work and employment

Darran

Hypocrite springs to mind here.... Solar Steve?? ::)roll
Walter Mitty springs to mind.  ;D

True though eh. ;)

British disease,,,,, blah blah blah my backside!! You shoot that man down at every opportunity for doing exactly what you are defending someone else for. ;D
I assume you deliberately misunderstood.

Ian101

« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2016, 08:00:37 am »

Darran

Thanks ... always like a lively debate.

and a shout out to Vin for help and advice he has given to me over phone / email when ive asked him random questions.

Vin may come across on the forum as not suffering fools lightly buy he is a very knowledgeable and helpful.  :) .. in fact he once called me a posh name for fossilised dinosaur poo (cant recall proper word only know what it was cos I googled it) and I think he likes me so the rest of u are fooked  ;D ;D

Perfect Windows

« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2016, 08:01:58 am »
I am assuming all the franchises work is priced 20% higher than normal.

So if you clean a house and get £10 for it. You would naturally want £12 for that house. Giving cleaner £10 and royalties of 2£?

That's not really how we approach it.  We just price a house and the franchisee keeps 80% of the money for the clean.  Our average house is well over £20, by the way.

Vin

SeanK

« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2016, 08:04:06 am »
So to start all I need is to be able to demand prices that for some reason others in the area cant get.
I then need to find somebody to hand over £8k plus buy a van and equipment with my logo and advertising details.
I then need to get them to sign a contract saying that all credit for their work no matter how good will go to me as will any
recommendations and extra work that comes from it.
Last of all they need to give me 20% of their takings yearly for this privilege.
Cant see this failing especially as window cleaning is such a fulfilling job that most would give their right arm just to be a part off.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2016, 08:06:18 am »
So to start all I need is to be able to demand prices that for some reason others in the area can get.
I then need to find somebody to hand over £8k plus buy a van and equipment with my logo and advertising details.
I then need to get them to sign a contract saying that all credit for their work no matter how good will go to me as will any
Last of all they need to give me 20% of their takings yearly for this privilege.
Cant see this failing especially as window cleaning is such a fulfilling job that most would give their right arm just to be a part off.

I think you've nailed it.

Vin

Ian101

« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2016, 08:06:36 am »
So to start all I need is to be able to demand prices that for some reason others in the area can get.

I would close the deal with a years worth supply of vision .... bound to work

SeanK

« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2016, 08:07:52 am »

I would close the deal with a years worth supply of vision .... bound to work
Well I suppose I would be targeting a similar type of customer. ;D

8weekly

« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2016, 08:08:12 am »
SeanK and Chumbucket should get a room.

Perfect Windows

Dave Willis

« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2016, 08:11:47 am »
Walter you say you had a lot of messers in those days but there are still people who mess WCs about today as you will know,how many people desperately want a WC and after a couple of cleans change there mind a hell of a lot on newly canvased work there Windows are filthy but when they've been cleaned a couple of times don't want the expense anymore 6-8 weeks soon comes round. Even more of a problem when there being cleaned badly they would be even more reluctant to pay for a service then,I'm not saying there's not people out there willing to go down this route there obviously is but that's not to say it's the best way to get into it. Someone with no window cleaning experience would take ages to get to speed and quality of of cleaning before they started to get anywhere near the figures quoted on here,I reckon most of them started say part time and then went down this way of working for someone doing it with no experience would be scratching there head thinking I can't see me making a living at this.

This is why a franchise is attractive to some - get trained, get all the work you want with back up should you get any problems.

Ian101

« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2016, 08:18:47 am »

Perfect Windows

« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2016, 08:21:54 am »
You say they have the freedom to work when they want yes they do so if they decieded they only wanted to do 15 days a month no wonder there's a few interviews to see if there suitable. To argue the pros and cons is not negative or envious of anyone it's simply looking at it for what it is not suitable for someone looking to work for thereselves because there not,why wouldn't they by a car for 8-10 grand get there local licence and drive a Taxi then they can work when they like sit in the warm and end up with the same in there pocket. Lets not forget these people can't or have never cleaned Windows before do you honestly think they are going to go out and clean enough work at a good enough standard week in week out,I can't see it happening and working on planet earth it sounds lovely though doesn't it just get the work and take a cut for doing nout.

Our franchises are based around doing three days a week so I'd never insist that anyone work as much as fifteen days a month.  That would be cruel.

Vin

Perfect Windows

« Reply #133 on: January 15, 2016, 08:27:32 am »
...They would need to guarantee you work because a hell of a lot of newly canvassed work gets cancelled within the first couple of cleans,a window cleaning business can't be judged on the amount of work you have that's ridiculous it's the quality of it and quality work takes time-years to build. There is no way anyone could guarantee good quality work they could say we will keep finding you work yeah but some of it or a lot of it would be average jobs or stuff no one that's been about a while wants to do awkward no access jobs...

Given that we support the franchisee if they want to drop a job (e.g. no access) and that a dropped customer is replaced, you're actually highlighting some of the benefits of being a franchisee.

Customer drops you after a clean?  Franchisor replaces
Customer is a three clean wonder? Franchisor replaces
Customer is a non-payer? Franchisor replaces
Customer never opens gate and you drop them? Franchisor replaces
Customer is rude and you want to drop them? Franchisor replaces
Customer moves house? Franchisor replaces

Vin

Smudger

« Reply #134 on: January 15, 2016, 08:52:27 am »
chummy, - interesting post, I'd be interested you putting up an example of me putting down solar Steves efforts...

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

ChumBucket

« Reply #135 on: January 15, 2016, 08:56:29 am »
chummy, - interesting post, I'd be interested you putting up an example of me putting down solar Steves efforts...

Darran

I don't care enough, neither do I need to, your efforts to belittle him and his business idea/model are plentiful. Most solar panel threads are riddled with you and your "keyboard buddies" snipes. ;)

Perfect Windows

« Reply #136 on: January 15, 2016, 08:59:32 am »
Wouldn't that be odd, someone who always snipes at a particular poster no matter what they say?

Vin

Smudger

« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2016, 09:02:22 am »

Darran

I don't care enough, neither do I need to, your efforts to belittle him and his business idea/model are plentiful. Most solar panel threads are riddled with you and your "keyboard buddies" snipes. ;)

I take that as a no then 👍
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

ChumBucket

« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2016, 09:03:10 am »
Wouldn't that be odd, someone who always snipes at a particular poster no matter what they say?

Vin

I'm not a hypocrite, I've said before I do think you're a k n o b! ;)

Perfect Windows

« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2016, 09:11:38 am »

Vin

I'm not a hypocrite, I've said before I do think you're a k n o b! ;)

Good for you.  Jolly good.  Well done.  Your opinion is important to me.

I tend to discuss what people say rather than what I think they are but that's just me.

Vin