Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sunshine windows

More work, fast!
« on: January 11, 2016, 12:44:26 pm »
I need around £2k worth of monthly work asap to get a new franchisee off the ground.

Can anybody recommend a reliable canvasser?

Cheers
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Clever Forum Name

Re: More work, fast!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 04:13:42 pm »
Used P dale several times and he's good.

What about mick Kent. He was canvassing?

Whizz bizz is booked up I believe.

My mate had used carpe dem or whatever his name is. He's booked him 2 more times. Said he's good.

Tom-01

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 04:15:37 pm »
Is the cost of paying the canvasser covered by the franchisee?

ChumBucket

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 05:33:25 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D Classic!!

Ian101

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 05:54:29 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D Classic!!

indirectly yes I would guess the nice lump sum the franchisor receives from the franchisee would more than cover it.

I like the sound of this franchising  :)

SB Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 07:19:54 pm »
Paul dale is good IF you can get him!!

johnwillan

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 08:03:49 pm »
Yes.......

You :)

sunshine windows

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 10:32:33 pm »
I'm still working my own round John, so don't have the time.
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

Tom-01

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 01:14:24 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D Classic!!

indirectly yes I would guess the nice lump sum the franchisor receives from the franchisee would more than cover it.

I like the sound of this franchising  :)

Yes that's how I would do it, I was just wondering if that's how it was in this case.

Smurf

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 01:29:59 pm »

Surely Lance with the money you should be generating from 4 franchises you could give the new guy your round and semi retire.  ;D

8weekly

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 02:58:23 pm »

Surely Lance with the money you should be generating from 4 franchises you could give the new guy your round and semi retire.  ;D
That's why I decided not to go down the franchise route. You need 5 franchisees generating the same as you generate yourself  (i.e. five times current turnover) to be able to do that. If you employ you can do it with two employees generating less than double the work the sole trader has. Ok, you don't hit the VAT threshold and you don't have the admin overhead, but you're still effectively managing the franchisees.

NWH

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 06:35:19 pm »

That's why I decided not to go down the franchise route. You need 5 franchisees generating the same as you generate yourself  (i.e. five times current turnover) to be able to do that. If you employ you can do it with two employees generating less than double the work the sole trader has. Ok, you don't hit the VAT threshold and you don't have the admin overhead, but you're still effectively managing the franchisees.
Genuine question why wouldn't you hit the VAT threshold.

8weekly

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2016, 07:06:22 pm »

Genuine question why wouldn't you hit the VAT threshold.
Because you are only taking 20% of the total turnover. To get to the threshold the total of the franchisees has to be £1/2m.

NWH

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 08:02:44 pm »
Sounds like a big headache to me I reckon it would all get so complicated they would be fleesing you dry,would you honestly go all the way and take them to court if they all of a sudden stopped paying your fee. It would be so difficult to track what work they had etc,they might have built there own relationship up with the customer and they might take there side if it came to it. Commercially different story but domestic I'm thinking it would give lots of problems more than being in the tools at times,Ian Lancaster must be lucky the guys that bought into it must be model citizens

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2016, 09:53:48 pm »
Sounds like a big headache to me I reckon it would all get so complicated they would be fleesing you dry,would you honestly go all the way and take them to court if they all of a sudden stopped paying your fee. It would be so difficult to track what work they had etc,they might have built there own relationship up with the customer and they might take there side if it came to it. Commercially different story but domestic I'm thinking it would give lots of problems more than being in the tools at times,Ian Lancaster must be lucky the guys that bought into it must be model citizens

2 words, Franchise Agreement.

Mick Kent

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2016, 10:29:23 pm »
2k a month of extra work! Easy if you break it up.

Go and find 1000 sold boards over a 10/15 mile radius, at least 20% will want a window cleaner for there new home, charge £10 a pop and Bobs your uncle.

Find all the new build estates that have just gone up or in the process and hit them at every possible chance, new build customers are easy to get although competition is more fierce as many have the same idea so best to get in quick. With enough new build areas within distance you would find 200 £10 jobs easy.

Go on wforsale.com and buy the 2k of work as you must be doing well if your going to go the franchise route.

Or do a mixture of the 3  ;)

Id avoid paying a canvasser unless your going to be doing all the first few cleans yourself as otherwise when the canvasser phones to query all the dropouts you wont have the reason that the franchisee didnt do a good job on the 1st cleans which i found happend all the time canvassing for franchise outfits.

You can do it, you don't need anybody else other than yourself and a bit of positivity to hit your target.

Go and smash it :-)

NWH

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2016, 10:42:43 pm »
£10 a pop jobs I rest my case I can't compete with that lol.

NWH

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 10:50:08 pm »
I can't see how you can police a domestic round agreement or not,once they've been cleaning it for a while they could say anything I've lost the work blah blah blah.It would become I nightmare going round all the customers to check whether there still cleaning them etc. You would have to be prepared to do that and even then if they sounded out the customers I can't see there being anything anyone could do,they say they no longer have the work what could you do.

sunshine windows

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2016, 11:30:29 pm »
Not quite there yet Smurf, to be able to sit back and relax!

NWH there are risks involved in employment as well as franchising. I genuinely believe a franchisee would be more loyal than somebody being paid a pittance for their efforts, knowing the boss is creaming it in.

The only £10 jobs I have are front only like yourself Mick. Good idea targeting the sold/sale properties. I've found new estates a waste of time if I'm honest. A couple of cleans and the novelty wears off.

The last leaflet drop I did got quite a good return, so I may go down that route again.

Cheers

(Swindon, Wiltshire)

NWH

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2016, 02:09:28 pm »
I have employed for nearly 10 years and it can be a nightmare-joke all rolled into 1,the best way to advertise a job in this game is to say window cleaner required Tuesday Wednesday Thursday only,Friday's off to get ready for going out on the p and Monday's off to get over your hangover included in the job lol.having staff is mostly likely to increase your productivity by a 1/3 not 50% they don't work as hard as you they turn up late if at all and can't wait to get home,I found the worse thing you can do with staff is to finish early quiet a few days over a short period,they start thinking you'll finish earlier most days after a while.