Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

I want a leak free system....
« on: January 11, 2016, 10:13:47 am »
Ok so my system is pretty leak free apart from this bit which is 2 hozelock connectors , going from the trolley system to my hose reel , if I don't wrap a cloth around the two hozelock connectors, it constantly drips whilst I'm working.
Any ideas that could help me out would be mostly appreciated 👍

Pete Thompson

Re: I want a leak free system....
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 11:30:51 am »
Hozelock fittings are not great in my opinion, GF fittings are better, and Claber fittings are even better still.

I try to avoid any of that style fitting these days, in favour of John Guest, which are (in my opinion) the king of fittings.

However, JG don't really have a 'quick-release' option, so for some things you have to use 'hoselock' style, and of course you cannot use JG hose on a hose reel.

NWH

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 11:33:48 am »
John guest are what you need or rectus style on the reel.

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 12:36:15 pm »
Thank you , il give gardiners a ring 👍

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 02:03:32 pm »
Have you tried a smear of silicone grease around the o rings (oooohhh er Mrs !) this usually sorts these out

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 02:49:09 pm »
http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/garden-hose-couplings/quick-release-metal-hose-plug-with-a-hose-barb.html

On one part of hose.

Then on the other part.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/garden-hose-couplings/quick-release-shut-off-coupling-with-a-hose-barb.html

Only bit will be anti stop mind.

Just thought, when I disconnect at night to charge, does that mean it will leak all over or will it hold the water in like when you attach you pole hose to your reel?

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 02:51:41 pm »
Have you tried a smear of silicone grease around the o rings (oooohhh er Mrs !) this usually sorts these out

Darran

Don't think I have any of that stuff 🤔

NWH

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 03:47:40 pm »
They are like toy fittings get some desent ones that'll last

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 04:46:01 pm »
They are like toy fittings get some desent ones that'll last

That's what I'm trying to do mate , I had them ages and just trying to upgrade bits and bobs

russ_clark

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 04:49:55 pm »
replace the little black o rings on the connector , they wear out as do the hose lock fittings.
Have they been on a while? Russ

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 04:52:22 pm »
I think since about June last year I put them on , so not been a year yet. Fed up of drips so I don't mind spending abit on decent fittings if it's a case of you get what you pay for

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2016, 05:13:21 pm »
It would be an expensive way of doing it but you could do this.....

Use two of these..

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/garden-hose-couplings/quick-release-shut-off-coupling-with-a-hose-barb.html

Then make up a link hose with this fitting at each end.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/garden-hose-couplings/quick-release-metal-hose-plug-with-a-hose-barb.html

They will NOT leak. Not had a drip from mine in nearly 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have some fittings which are 3 years old and still leak free.

ChumBucket

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2016, 05:28:09 pm »
replace the little black o rings on the connector , they wear out as do the hose lock fittings.
Have they been on a while? Russ

That's all that's required. ;)

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2016, 06:19:42 pm »
Thanks guys really appreciate that , gonna order a few things in a bit 👍

ChumBucket

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2016, 08:54:22 pm »
I've run an entirely leak free twin DI system for 12 years with Hozelock  type fittings throughout. Never had to waterproof any of my vans. Regular "O" ring changes and decent fittings and hose are what's required. "O" rings can be had from ebay by the hundred for a couple of quid and the best fittings I've come across, which I only use now are B&Q's own brand- they are Blue and only a quid each- better than genuine Hozelock. ;) 

Steven Biggs

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2016, 05:40:13 am »
For once chumbucket is right . I use the same , leak free system . The cheap b&q ones are the best . Better than the dearer hozelock . No leaks at all in my van .