Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

slap bash

Adding bleach to WFP water.
« on: January 10, 2016, 11:29:34 am »
Has anyone tried added bleach to WFP clean water. THis should improve cleaning on heavily  dirty glass. What do you chaps think.

jk999

Re: Adding bleach to WFP water.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 11:41:50 am »
 :obleach wow wouldn't even want to go there

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 01:56:19 pm »
I have squirted polycarbonate roofs with mould killer which is basically a bleach. It removes the ingrained black dots pretty well and gives a very slippery glide to the brush. Nasty stuff though - probably not a good idea to squirt about in a vapour.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 02:21:17 pm »
you would have to make sure the level of bleach was low enough not to cause Heath issues ( as in swimming pools ) and bleach the surrounding areas, it will also effect plants under windows  and long term rot metal frames and parts like connectors and jets.

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Dave Willis

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 02:31:29 pm »
Does that mean swimming pools always have clean windows?

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 02:45:32 pm »
No because they don't use pure water in the pool

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Elfyn

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 02:47:08 pm »
Why

Rich Wilts

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 03:04:52 pm »
Because Smudger always pi$$es in the pool.

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2016, 03:07:53 pm »
 ;D

slap bash

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 03:12:00 pm »
Bleach being a chlorine gas in liquid form will evaporate into the atmosphere after it dissolves greasy and oily dirt.  It`s something we have avoided due to it being removed by prefilter in an R O system but could unlock more cleaning in pure water  and will be a great asset in first cleanse. It`s my nature to try and stretch the limits of cleaning. I will be trying it soon. 

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2016, 03:27:06 pm »
It works on first cleans, it's also a great tool for use in pressure washing but continual use will bring you other problems as mentioned (plus your pumps may have a shortened life span)

Darran

EandM

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2016, 05:19:21 pm »
If applied direct to the brush it's a brilliant algae remover - not so good on black jeans though...

the king

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2016, 05:44:30 pm »
scrap the bleach ider and just spray ubik or tfr on the brush

Smudger

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2016, 06:14:25 pm »
bleach will outperform any cleaner like TFR - it's so good you wouldn't really need to scrub after application unfortunately there are a few issues using strong industrial bleach

Darran

slap bash

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2016, 11:33:39 am »
I am not thinking of adding loads but just a few cups to a tank. Giving a boost to the clean. Thanks for the input of the more open minded ones on this forum. |So many will not even go there in thought. Thinking out of the box is where most brilliant ideas come from.

SeanK

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 12:25:00 pm »
I am not thinking of adding loads but just a few cups to a tank. Giving a boost to the clean. Thanks for the input of the more open minded ones on this forum. |So many will not even go there in thought. Thinking out of the box is where most brilliant ideas come from.

Slap its impossible to boost the cleaning power of the water in your tank as there isn't anything on the market that will do it
without upping the tds or leaving traces of the product on the glass, in other words for it to do any good you need to add too
much to the tank.
Bleach has many uses as do a lot of other cleaning products buts its way to harsh a product to be using on plastic frames
rubber seals and so on in the quantities that would be needed to improve your water.
Once you understand the science behind concentrates and dilution (and I'm not talking to a degree level) putting chemicals
in your tank to boost the cleaning power becomes something not worth devoting any further thought too, well other than
winding a few guys up on here  ;) its nothing to do with having a closed mind or being anti innovation.

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2016, 08:31:44 pm »
hot pure water and vision boosts cleaning power than just cold pure water on its own for sure.

id never use bleach.apart from the obvious dangers i cant stand the smell of the stuff! ;D
price higher/work harder!

paulben

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 06:33:58 am »
If its basically the same as used in swimming pools just look at windows on indoor pools they usually look milky + if you tried it I would wear goggles would be nasty in eyes
Do not steal the government hates competition

Mike #1

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2016, 06:41:31 am »
Adding bleach to tank would result in spotting i had issues a good few years back when using a trolley i had cleaned containers out but forgot to fully rinse out one container which resulted in having to go back and do a house again .

Richard Shepherd

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2016, 07:44:49 pm »
Bleach in it's raw form is sodium Hypochlorite.

Sodium being salt, not a good idea. Definite spotting