Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tony day

Is window cleaning a real job?
« on: January 09, 2016, 12:20:16 pm »
Me again.

Is window cleaning a TASK for uneducated people, that may have a criminal record.(rules out the army then) unskilled,and can't read a paragraph from a Harry Potter book.

Question:
Clean toilets at Glastonbury?
Clean Windows?

Captain Squeegee over and out!

Rich Wilts

Re: Is window cleaning a real job?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 12:32:17 pm »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O2ow3NnZVmo

You didn't know you were being filmed did you.

tony day

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 12:44:28 pm »
I'm so happy bubbles is alive and well.

supernova77

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 01:14:18 pm »
Me again.

Is window cleaning a TASK for uneducated people, that may have a criminal record.(rules out the army then) unskilled,and can't read a paragraph from a Harry Potter book.

Question:
Clean toilets at Glastonbury?
Clean Windows?

You should change your name to "Tony the Troll".  ;)

It takes skill and brains to build a decent window cleaning business over a few years full of regular reliable customers.

If you just do it for beer money then I suppose anyone can do it.

Andy :)

jk999

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 01:43:08 pm »
Don't know what's wrong with you mate but someones rattled your cage :(

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 01:51:34 pm »
Me again.

(Sigh) Really?

Assuming that was a question - no question mark, see? Then yes.

Question:
Clean toilets at Glastonbury? If the money is right.
Clean Windows? See the answer to above question.

Out for a while I hope.

If you have anything useful to contribute please do.
It's a game of three halves!

*Hector*

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 02:06:24 pm »
Is window cleaning a real job?

Of course it isn't...  ::)roll ::)roll

Not like carpet cleaning... now that is a real job for you...  :-* :-*

;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Jonny 87

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 02:07:54 pm »
Granville your a mod. Check his  address and see who it is.

It's someone on the wind up but just can't figure out who.  :)
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 02:09:25 pm »
Nope it's not real , it's pretend . We are all just walking around pretending to do stuff  ::)roll

NWH

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2016, 02:47:32 pm »
No it's not a real job is it,if you saw how much TAX I've got to pay at the end of the month you might change your mind it's more than some earn in a year so you can safely say it's a job. I don't know how the hell some people you talk to are paying a couple of grand here and a couple of grand there in TAX there either fiddling or earning peanuts. If it wasn't a real job I'd be in a better mood.

*Hector*

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2016, 02:58:09 pm »
No it's not a real job is it,if you saw how much TAX I've got to pay at the end of the month you might change your mind it's more than some earn in a year so you can safely say it's a job. I don't know how the hell some people you talk to are paying a couple of grand here and a couple of grand there in TAX there either fiddling or earning peanuts. If it wasn't a real job I'd be in a better mood.

Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Mick Kent

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2016, 03:10:58 pm »
Its a real job but a job that is bottom of the food chain. Noone ever at school says they want to be a window cleaner and teachers used to always say if you dont do well in school you will end up becoming a window cleaner etc..its down there with dustmen, toilet cleaners,  litter/ dog poo pickers,  labouring.
There isnt much worse  of a job you could do than clean windows for a living which i happily admit but due to not having any qualifications or time to better myself for my family's sake ill just carry on the merry go round cleaning dirt and poo off of glass for a living to pay the bills.

W.booler

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2016, 03:24:09 pm »
For me it's a lifestyle choice... Own boss, fresh air and when it rains the likes of Mrs. Day offers me a hot drink, ginger nut biscuits and whatever else is on the menu!

NWH

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2016, 03:25:27 pm »
Blimey you must have a poope load of jobs you do day to day,bottom of the food chain what like working at tescos stacking shelves or working a similar job for less than £10 an hour even £10 an hour is toilet,I'm quiet happy to let people think certain things but in no way do I go out to work with that attitude,you should be looking to change a few things in your business if you've got that view on window cleaning it would take an offer of a fantastic job to lure me away and even then I wouldn't be locked away in an office alday for anything.

Mick Kent

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2016, 03:35:34 pm »
Yep its down there with school leavers jobs like shelve stacking too, window cleaning is no way a job that people decide to do if they have qualifications or have done well for themselfs maybe im wrong  but the end of the day we are paid to clean crap off of glass which anyone could do but majority choose not too as its a rubish career choice nomatter what you can earn as to do well all you need is more customers to clean even more bird poo and dirt from class.

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2016, 03:41:52 pm »
It might be a rubbish job in some people's eyes but at the end of the day it's a pretty secure income month after month, have a day off? why not  ;D give your self a pay rise? Why not 🤑 . Stop cleaning houses with gardens full of dog 💩? why not! it's awesome 😃👊✌️

NWH

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2016, 03:43:31 pm »
They soon would if they new what you could earn and that's a fact,I'm quiet happy for people to have your view it keeps others from starting up. I speak to people with university qualifications that get on the train everyday for 25-35 grand a year and have given there life to get there,who's the idiot the one that holds his head up bragging that he has a marvolous job when in reality he's struggling to make ends meet. To have a view like that you must have a low opinion of yourself,at the end of the week it's what you've got in your pocket not the fact that your having to go to work in the dark and come home in the dark in a cheap suit.

Rich Wilts

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2016, 03:44:34 pm »

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2016, 03:45:19 pm »
They soon would if they new what you could earn and that's a fact,I'm quiet happy for people to have your view it keeps others from starting up. I speak to people with university qualifications that get on the train everyday for 25-35 grand a year and have given there life to get there,who's the idiot the one that holds his head up bragging that he has a marvolous job when in reality he's struggling to make ends meet. To have a view like that you must have a low opinion of yourself,at the end of the week it's what you've got in your pocket not the fact that your having to go to work in the dark and come home in the dark in a cheap suit.

I take it you earn more then £35k?

NWH

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2016, 03:45:56 pm »
Stack shells in tescos for a couple of months and then come back and give an opinion if they give you enough hours,they'll more than likely start you on a zero hours contract lol