This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Joey Eastwood

Re: Is window cleaning a real job?
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2016, 08:26:12 pm »
£12 an hour or £96 a day is not enough to live off where I live

Depends on your outgoings surely?

Just out of interest what area are you?

There's probably plenty of guys here that live in nice areas that could live on £500 a week.

Yeah I think where You live plays a big roll. Had this before on here. Where I live in Leicester my house (3 bed semi) in a nice little village is 180k or £600 a month to rent the same house in London would be 1million easily and 2k a month to rent, the £2500 a month I earn working 4 days a week  (trad) gets me a long way
when life throws you water, clean windows

Don Kee

« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2016, 08:45:34 pm »
You're getting robbed if you're paying £300 for a full service on your van
::)roll

It was just a figure.

Oh, well if we're just pulling figures out the air...

I'm just pulling your chain mate, on a wind up! ;D

I like these types of threads, it's fun to see who's the most desperate to persuade everyone that they know best or earn the most (not aimed at anyone in particular before someone throws a paddy)
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

Rich Wilts

« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2016, 09:25:42 pm »
Your overheads on a one man band or employe up to 1 person window cleaning business  should be no more than 5 % . .

Oh really? lol

So when I go out and crack out £200 a day my costs should be £10.00? Right? My van without fuel, insurance, tyres etc costs £20.00 a day.

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2016, 10:16:14 pm »
Your overheads on a one man band or employe up to 1 person window cleaning business  should be no more than 5 % . .

Oh really? lol

So when I go out and crack out £200 a day my costs should be £10.00? Right? My van without fuel, insurance, tyres etc costs £20.00 a day.

4grand a year for a Hire van? Or financed? Your vans too expensive lol mine cost me 1000 does the trick had it 3 years works out to £1 a day if it blew up tomorrow lol

Steven Biggs

« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2016, 10:23:49 pm »
How does Your van cost you £20 a day ?. £30 a month in diesel . £20 a month to tax it . £25 a month on insurance . Mot . Servicing . Repairs . £500 a year tops . And that is more than half my expenses .

dazmond

« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2016, 08:21:42 am »
As a self-employed window cleaner I am proud to say that I assume the following roles:

chief executive officer (CEO), chief operations officer (COO), chief financial officer (CFO), chief risk officer (CRO), chief technology officer (CTO), chief marketing officer (CMO), teaboy and I have also been known to clean windows...

Of course window cleaning is a real job and after having worked in office jobs for 22+ years I get a great deal of satisfaction from working as a window cleaner!
Proud to be a window cleaner? I'd be more proud to be on the dole. And as for satisfaction! Jesus your an easy man to please. What a fantastic imagination you have!

proud to be on the dole?yeah right like all the other leeches in society?

we should all be proud we re not sitting around getting handouts for doing absolutely nothing.

take pride in your business,work hard and reap the rewards of being self employed.

window cleaning is a service in very high demand in this country.provide the service,earn a good income and count your lucky stars your not working for someone else making their already oversized wallets even fatter. :)
price higher/work harder!

lal

« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2016, 09:04:12 am »
As a self-employed window cleaner I am proud to say that I assume the following roles:

chief executive officer (CEO), chief operations officer (COO), chief financial officer (CFO), chief risk officer (CRO), chief technology officer (CTO), chief marketing officer (CMO), teaboy and I have also been known to clean windows...

Of course window cleaning is a real job and after having worked in office jobs for 22+ years I get a great deal of satisfaction from working as a window cleaner!
Proud to be a window cleaner? I'd be more proud to be on the dole. And as for satisfaction! Jesus your an easy man to please. What a fantastic imagination you have!

proud to be on the dole?yeah right like all the other leeches in society?

we should all be proud we re not sitting around getting handouts for doing absolutely nothing.

take pride in your business,work hard and reap the rewards of being self employed.

window cleaning is a service in very high demand in this country.provide the service,earn a good income and count your lucky stars your not working for someone else making their already oversized wallets even fatter. :)

Great very inspirational  post dazmond    :)

Rich Wilts

« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2016, 09:11:34 am »

Oh really? lol

4grand a year for a Hire van? Or financed? Your vans too expensive lol mine cost me 1000 does the trick had it 3 years works out to £1 a day if it blew up tomorrow lol

Who said it was a hire van. I would have a £1,000 van but I don't want an old jollopy wagon that looks like the local pikeys have turned up.

Rich Wilts

« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2016, 09:12:20 am »
How does Your van cost you £20 a day ?. £30 a month in diesel . £20 a month to tax it . £25 a month on insurance . Mot . Servicing . Repairs . £500 a year tops . And that is more than half my expenses .

My diesel bill is £50 a week.

Ian101

« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2016, 06:12:12 pm »
is anything real ?

Is this the real life Is this just fantasy
Caught in a landslide No escape from reality.

Dave Willis

« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2016, 06:26:55 pm »
Fat bottomed girls are definitely real.

chris turner

« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2016, 07:12:42 pm »

Oh really? lol

Who said it was a hire van. I would have a £1,000 van but I don't want an old jollopy wagon that looks like the local pikeys have turned up.

Classic example of the reason why this forum has a bad name...

8weekly

« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2016, 07:14:24 pm »

Oh really? lol

Classic example of the reason why this forum has a bad name...
Too many pikeys?

Rich Wilts

« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2016, 08:43:26 pm »
Too many pikeys on any forum is going to give it a bad name.  ;)

Unless its a heather selling forum.

Smurf

« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2016, 08:50:05 pm »
I happen to be a pikey so shut the feck up or about heather or me missus will put a curse on you  ;D

chris turner

« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2016, 09:33:34 pm »
Alot of guys could easily afford a decent van but choose to buy a used older vehicle. That's there choice, doesn't make them pikeys.
All customers care about is your quality of work, not the quality of your van.

Johnny B

« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2016, 09:49:57 pm »
Alot of guys could easily afford a decent van but choose to buy a used older vehicle. That's there choice, doesn't make them pikeys.

Well said Chris. Oh,  just to add, I have a few customers who are of the travelling community (there are a lot of them in my locality). Some of them live on part of an estate which is a no-go area for anyone who isn't accepted by them. I was approached by them initially to clean their windows, and they have always treated me very respectfully, as I have them.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

chris turner

« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2016, 09:52:56 pm »

Well said Chris. Oh,  just to add, I have a few customers who are of the travelling community (there are a lot of them in my locality). Some of them live on part of an estate which is a no-go area for anyone who isn't accepted by them. I was approached by them initially to clean their windows, and they have always treated me very respectfully, as I have them.

John

Ya pikey ;D ;D ;D

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2016, 10:27:25 pm »

Yeah well said lol. As I said my van cost me a grand as its a work van who cares? It does the job fine, it's 2005 so hardly ancient, the £15 a day I save compared to a brand new van allows me to drive a bmw after work and at the weekends.. I know I prefer that to a work van I drive for 20mins a day to work lol

Mick Kent

« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2016, 10:29:00 pm »
Joey is that your gf/wife in your profile photo???
Very pretty young lady.