Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smurf

Re: in the market for a new backpack
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 05:57:46 pm »
anybody have one of these ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351519550117?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

And why on earth would you want one of those. ???

Please don't tell me so to climb up a ladder with that strapped to yer back to gain access to windows you can't reach from the ground  ;D

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 06:02:29 pm »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351519550117?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Please don't tell me so to climb up a ladder with that strapped to yer back to gain access to windows you can't reach from the ground  ;D
Don't be stupid, its to abseil with
I need to get in there quick before the market is over run with window cleaning drones  ;D

Cookie

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 06:14:37 pm »
I have the Gardiner v3 backpack & it's been great so far.

I have removed the backpack straps and  just use the carry handle  for the odd job where I need to walk through the customers house to do the back windows.

Smurf

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 06:22:53 pm »

Don't be stupid, its to abseil with
I need to get in there quick before the market is over run with window cleaning drones  ;D
;D

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 06:35:45 pm »
I have the Gardiner v3 backpack & it's been great so far.

I have removed the backpack straps and  just use the carry handle  for the odd job where I need to walk through the customers house to do the back windows.
Thanks cookie
but I was asking about this one as a viable alternative given the fact it has wheels and a handle that can be attached or removed.
So i wanted to hear from anybody who may have one and whether they rated it.

JSMC

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 09:06:38 pm »
john hewitt backpack red lid one. ideal for little jobs.

the king

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 09:57:02 pm »
gardners one is very good v3 nce size to

paulben

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 07:13:07 am »
Gardiners used most days if you want wheels fold up sack trolley from B & Q
Do not steal the government hates competition

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 09:43:12 am »
Bahhhh

Smurf

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 11:39:02 am »
Well if it's like any of the other china crap ones I don't think it will last very long do you?

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2016, 04:41:29 pm »
There all from China, regardless of which suppliers name is stamped on them.
I'd have thought buying one with an integrated removable handle and wheels a smarter option than buying one without for the same price and then buying a sack truck to put it on, but I'm obviously asking on the wrong forum   ::)roll :P

wfp master

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2016, 05:42:55 pm »
I'd have thought buying one with an integrated removable handle and wheels a smarter option than buying one without for the same price and then buying a sack truck to put it on, but I'm obviously asking on the wrong forum   ::)roll :P
http://www.johnhewitt.com/backpacks.htm

Smurf

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2016, 09:51:35 pm »

Unfortunately Barry the seller has kept fleebay buyers private nor do they have any reviews from buyers on their main site either. So your guess is as good as mine if that one you are thinking of getting is any good or not.

Bungle

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2016, 10:00:30 pm »
I've got a Gardiners backpack. Used it once on my back with original straps  :-[. I have now adapted new straps with extra padding and should be a breeze to work with on my back  8) patent pending.
We look at them, they look through them.

slap bash

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 11:52:55 am »
I have had one the old yellow back pack from WCW for years and they are badly put together. I have rebuilt my one and it been a dream still working after 7 years. I have redone all the wiring, replaced the pump and fitted a larger 12-hour battery and it`s never been better.

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2016, 12:38:16 pm »
I have had one the old yellow back pack from WCW for years and they are badly put together. I have rebuilt my one and it been a dream still working after 7 years. I have redone all the wiring, replaced the pump and fitted a larger 12-hour battery and it`s never been better.
Sounds more like triggers broom  ;D
I used to have one of those too
About 3 years ago I replaced it with  one from Gardiners ( with the stupid blue handled lid that I modified by adding a better handle )
the pump would make an awful high pitched screeching noise when used on lowest setting when you stopped flow between windows - there was an adjustment screw for pressure switch - that worked for a while and then speed settings stopped working - now only works full speed but pump doesn't always sound right, think it maybe on the way out hence my post .
I'd sooner buy a new one before its needed than have the thing go completely on me.
I could do what you have done but for £100 I can't be bothered. If I can get 3 years from a backpack I'm happy.