This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

8weekly

Experiment
« on: January 06, 2016, 04:46:07 pm »
I work with my controller on full asnd have no shortage of water. From today I am stopping rinsing other than where I can see it's needed. I'll kepp going until I get complaints. There is so much water coming out in the scrub stage that I think it may be a waste of time. Anyone else work this way?

Walter Mitty

Re: Experiment
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 04:57:08 pm »
I work with my controller on full asnd have no shortage of water. From today I am stopping rinsing other than where I can see it's needed. I'll kepp going until I get complaints. There is so much water coming out in the scrub stage that I think it may be a waste of time. Anyone else work this way?

I did try something like that years ago.  With a very high flow rate, you can get away with it most of the time, but sometimes it leave spots.  A bit hit and miss, but I suppose you could revert to rinsing  properly at jobs where there is a complaint.

Matt.

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 05:27:09 pm »
I don't be bothering with a controller, I scrub up all the frames and glass and then go over the glass again a bit slower holding the brush on the glass to rinse, works for me

CleanClear

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 06:06:53 pm »

I do pretty much. Just a one pass method. Controller is not quite on full but not far off it, only time i lower it is old wooden windows. And suprisingly the increase in speed can end up with you using actually less water even though you are at (or near) full flow.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

duncan h

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 07:42:28 pm »
I was thinking the exact same thing. Only I could see the odd stubborn bit than needed flowing to the bottom. So now I clean top edge 2 passes, then up down, move on brush width, up down etc. Then
 a very quick left to right, rinsing to the bottom

bobplum

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 09:08:52 pm »
works for us , rinse where needed

simonr

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 06:16:51 pm »
i've always worked like that ,
i started with backpacks which seem to be either dead weak or dead fast flow . now i've got a van mount i use it on 80  & as you say by the time you've scrubbed it there's no need to rinse

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 06:26:52 pm »

no never.i ALWAYS rinse at least once after scrubbing.on larger windows a second rinse near the bottom of the window too.
price higher/work harder!

8weekly

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2016, 07:01:02 pm »

no never.i ALWAYS rinse at least once after scrubbing.on larger windows a second rinse near the bottom of the window too.
That's what I do, but with a pump on full flow I'm questioning whether it's necessary. After I've scrubbed, water continues to run down the window after I've finished anyway. As I say, it's an experiment.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2016, 07:14:26 pm »
do you not think your working fast enough 8weekly? ;D

i also work with a high flow and im very happy with my efficiency day to day.brisk but steady 6 -7 hours a day.

however rinsing is important esp on the bottom half of a window.your risking leaving dirt on the glass for the sake of a few seconds rinsing.
price higher/work harder!

CleanClear

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2016, 07:32:36 pm »
brisk but steady 6 -7 hours a day.

Ruthless and efficient has turned into "brisk but steady" ?  ;D

On a serious note, anyone only has to do their own house in double quick time to find out most are probably over scrubbing and over rinsing. Your owns always the best to try out first.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Frankybadboy

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 08:02:50 pm »
your be surprised how little water you can get away with

Rich Wilts

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2016, 10:27:25 pm »
however rinsing is important esp on the bottom half of a window.

You need to worry about the top half of the glass, custards don't check the bottom half.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2016, 07:12:38 pm »
however rinsing is important esp on the bottom half of a window.

You need to worry about the top half of the glass, custards don't check the bottom half.
who still rinses on the glass so old school daz