Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TomSE

Welcome Letter
« on: January 05, 2016, 07:11:18 pm »
Hello everybody

Does anyone use a welcome letter/sheet or similar for new customers?

This is something I am toying with for the new year just to reinforce what I say when quoting things such as the clean/rain gaurentee, pushing certain types of payments such as gocardless and things like not to use the text before clean service as an opportunity to cancel, insured, add on services etc.

Would anyone would be willing to let me have a look at there versions? Or any feedback on how these have worked for people.

Cheers
Tom

SB Cleaning

Re: Welcome Letter
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 07:49:02 pm »
Apart from the rain guarantee my payment slips I leave custys has all that on ;)

Og

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 07:52:37 pm »
Can you really give a rain guarantee? It poured down the other day and my windows where filthy after. Mineral deposits from brickwork type thing.

8weekly

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 08:07:01 pm »
Can you really give a rain guarantee? It poured down the other day and my windows where filthy after. Mineral deposits from brickwork type thing.
I've never had a call back for windows cleaned in the rain. I have lost a couple of customers though because I cleaned in the rain.

capn sparkle

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 10:03:20 pm »
Hello everybody

Does anyone use a welcome letter/sheet or similar for new customers?

This is something I am toying with for the new year just to reinforce what I say when quoting things such as the clean/rain gaurentee, pushing certain types of payments such as gocardless and things like not to use the text before clean service as an opportunity to cancel, insured, add on services etc.

Would anyone would be willing to let me have a look at there versions? Or any feedback on how these have worked for people.

Cheers
Tom

I can give you a copy of my 'new custie' (old one moved out) letter if ya like. Not exactly what you want but might help a bit. Strike rate about 7 out of 10.

Pop an email addy up and will send tomorrow.

TomSE

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 10:22:36 pm »
That would be great capn sparkle thanks, quirketom91@gmail.com

8weekly I'm the same I haven't been called back either, I've barely even had any comments so far the majority have actually commented saying things along the line 'good job you use that (wfp) as you can get round on days like this' I've had more comments along those lines than I have had in a negative way.

Og the guarantee is a general clean standard guarantee, I explain that once I've cleaned it will look as though you've had a light shower on the house and then state that as it doesnt use soap you don't have to worry if it rains for smears and streaks, this has worked so far although I'm sure some will quietly resent it I haven't been called back as yet.

ascjim

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 10:32:08 am »
I give a 6 sided folded leaflet with all T & C's and some FAQ's

SeanK

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 12:20:25 pm »
Tom keep it simple, I remember when I first started out telling customers that they might get a bit of spotting on the glass
on the first couple of cleans, I did get the odd comment confirming this to be true, once I stopped doing this the comments
stopped, in other words the customers stopped looking for it.
What you want is for your customers to put as little thought into getting their windows cleaned as possible and best way to do
this is to draw as little attention to yourself as possible.
If you need to discuss different payment options and so on with your customers then this should be done in person when taking on the work the same goes if you decide to change them at a future date, but leave the letters and all the terms and conditions paperwork which have no legal value to the guys who have too much time on their hands.

TomSE

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 04:14:56 pm »
Hi James, if you have a copy on the computer would you mind emailing me one to look at? No worries if not.

Sean, thanks for your reply I get where you are coming from and had a similar experience myself regarding warning them about spotting which I no longer do. The letter is more for those who are never around for you to meet when you quote and again not in when I clean so I have very little contact & the first clean is an ideal point to further encourage gocardless & add ons. I agree that the less they think about it the better and where possible face to face is always best.

Tom

TLC

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 12:15:01 pm »
Hi James, if you have a copy on the computer would you mind emailing me one to look at? No worries if not.

Sean, thanks for your reply I get where you are coming from and had a similar experience myself regarding warning them about spotting which I no longer do. The letter is more for those who are never around for you to meet when you quote and again not in when I clean so I have very little contact & the first clean is an ideal point to further encourage gocardless & add ons. I agree that the less they think about it the better and where possible face to face is always best.
Tom

Hi Tom

I'm with you on the need for a letter, we pick up lots over the phone and never meet in person.

Also I would like to explain that we clean in all weathers and get them onboard for gocardless.

Did you manage to knock one up yet?

Would love to have a gander.

timlong@tlcwindowcleaning.co.uk

Cheers

Tim

Micky Barber

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 12:52:40 pm »
 This is one I saw posted once and modified it to suit  https://www.dropbox.com/s/j4uujgcqoit126b/Statement%20Of%20Method.docx?dl=0

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 02:31:09 pm »
Wow a six page leaflet, sounds an over kill.

When I switched from trad to wfp, I did my business page on internet and refered ones to that. Which I printed on the bk of my business style cards whichbi use to state that windows have been cleaned,  and methods pf payment. Then I also spoke ten mins to each custy and theyve all been sound! As not all use internet, as I now work in light rain, ive printed a quick letter from my page n posted it to all my customers. But that is that, as its alot of faff now. But as I have been there n done all prep work n customer relations. All I
Do now is turn up, cldan windows and post a card. Easy easy easy
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk