Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Susan Dean (1stclean)

Re: How often do you clean your own windows?
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2016, 03:40:04 pm »
same as mick , we have a trad rat that cleans ours every 2w  , because hes stupidly cheap and does a extra good job because he knows were window cleaners lol havnt the hart to tell him what we charge

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2016, 07:19:16 pm »
whenever i can be bothered.usually every 2-3 months.i also clean some of my neighbours for free too at the same time.
price higher/work harder!

STEVE-UK

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2016, 03:20:30 pm »
Mick & Susan

Wouldnt it be ironic, if he falls off his ladder and a no win no fee solicitor advises him to sue you!

Smurf

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2016, 03:24:28 pm »
Mick & Susan

Wouldnt it be ironic, if he falls off his ladder and a no win no fee solicitor advises him to sue you!

Now that would be funny and he would probably win too  ;D

If your window cleaner falls from his/her ladder on your property and injures himself or damages your property is it:

A) His problem – surely he carried out correct risk assessment procedures beforehand?

B) Your problem – you should know whether he can use a ladder on your property for cleaning windows or not.

C) His insurer’s problem (if he has any) – but will they pay out?

D) Your insurer’s problem – but will they pay out?

E) Who knows until it goes to court? (With all the attendant hassle beforehand)

Since circumstances vary, most likely “E” would be the answer in the majority of cases. The stress, hassle and expense involved in this kind of situation can be huge for both the injured cleaner and the home owner.

Makes you think don't it  ::)roll

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2016, 04:16:30 pm »
Mick & Susan

Now that would be funny and he would probably win too  ;D

If your window cleaner falls from his/her ladder on your property and injures himself or damages your property is it:

A) His problem – surely he carried out correct risk assessment procedures beforehand?

B) Your problem – you should know whether he can use a ladder on your property for cleaning windows or not.

C) His insurer’s problem (if he has any) – but will they pay out?

D) Your insurer’s problem – but will they pay out?

E) Who knows until it goes to court? (With all the attendant hassle beforehand)

Since circumstances vary, most likely “E” would be the answer in the majority of cases. The stress, hassle and expense involved in this kind of situation can be huge for both the injured cleaner and the home owner.

Makes you think don't it  ::)roll

well in asked my insurance todays as I was renewing our fleet cover and there take is

because we don't have a registered office at the house then its classed as a domestic job so we don't have any duty of care laws to consider , however if we did have a office in the house it would be classed as part commercial ,

hes cleaning our office/house then we have a duty of care to all our contracters so he could win in a court fight !!

DeLuce

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2016, 06:48:12 pm »
I live in an old farmhouse which has wooden framed windows with each section of glass being about 8"x4" and plenty of condensation on the inside!!  :-\ a right royal pita!
I clean the outside every month-ish but the insides let it all down. Best thing is pure water in spray then wipe off with one of Tadghs' little waffle clothes 👍
Anyway, we just had some nice new double glazed units put in about couple of months ago on one side of the house and I'm cleaning inside and out every couple of weeks  ;D
It's great to be able to see out!! We're going to have the rest done........soon.

Smurf

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2016, 07:03:42 pm »
I take it you did not get that self cleaning glass then rigsby  ;D

Matt.

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2016, 07:21:17 pm »
Probably 5-6 times a year, will just be when the mrs says something, I will do them right away like a good boy

DeLuce

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2016, 09:57:12 pm »

No mate! Anyway, it doesn't work very well does it??  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2016, 11:07:33 pm »

No mate! Anyway, it doesn't work very well does it??  ;D

Nope  ;D

Rich Wilts

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2016, 11:15:33 pm »
If you come home and discover your trad window-cleaner lying on the floor with a broken back, pelvis and legs, as his ladder has slipped from underneath him halfway through cleaning your windows repeatedly beat him around the back of his head with the nearest shovel until he he dies.

Then phone an ambulance claiming you just turned up that minute and the head injuries must've been sustained when he bounced off your coal-shed on the way down.

That way you avoid any court dispute between window-cleaner and yourself. Whilst the ambulance is on it's way loosen a few paving slabs and suggest to plod when he arrives that the window-cleaner can't have done a particularly thorough site assessment as 'look how uneven the ground is, I just don't know what he thought he was doing up a ladder, poor fella, he was such a nice guy too.'

Mike #1

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2016, 06:59:02 am »
Hardly ever as my wife does a great job and cleans them about twice a week  ;D ;D

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2016, 07:57:43 am »
Hardly ever as my wife does a great job and cleans them about twice a week  ;D ;D

I thought I was bad doing them once a week! 😃

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2016, 10:56:50 am »

I thought I was bad doing them once a week! 😃
He was bad, that's why she now has to do them  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2016, 01:31:03 pm »

I thought I was bad doing them once a week!
He was bad, that's why she now has to do them  ;D

Cheeky devil  ;D

Anyhow going by most of the replies makes you think don't it why some people don't want/need a regular window cleaning service as much as a window cleaner does. Then those types of customers get slagged off for being time wasters just because they decide they don't want them doing so often after all. I think I fall into the time waster category... how about you? :D

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2016, 02:41:10 pm »
I'd be an excellent customer 😊

Smurf

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2016, 02:51:54 pm »
I'd be an excellent customer

OCD springs to mind but the real question is would you pay on time or say something like I'm not paying you as you have missed a bit and/or left my windows wet. I tend to stay well clear of OCD types myself as are more hassle than the job is worth ;D

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2016, 03:15:33 pm »
When I used to have a window cleaner, I never even noticed whether my windows were dirty or clean lol I used to just pay 🤑

Smurf

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2016, 03:22:38 pm »
When I used to have a window cleaner, I never even noticed whether my windows were dirty or clean lol I used to just pay

Just get net curtains as will save yourself a fortune over the years  ;D

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2016, 03:27:57 pm »
My net curtain customers love me 😊