Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

How often do you clean your own windows?
« on: January 03, 2016, 10:34:52 am »
Hi all!
I'm sure it's the same for most window cleaners in their own homes, when they see dirty glass / a bird splat or bug marks in their living room window etc , it niggles at you until it's cleaned!
I personally offer a monthly service to customers but I find myself constantly cleaning inside (kids fingerprints etc) and out to keep it spotless!!
How about you? how often do you clean your own windows 🤔

JackieW

Re: How often do you clean your own windows?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 10:42:19 am »
I try to clean them at the same frequency as my customers so as to picture it from their point of view.

I find that  with my kitchen and  lounge bay window, which we look through the most,  I will also get
 my squeegee out and clean them more frequently.

But what I've also found is that I could go many months without  cleaning the rest of the windows and it wouldn't bother
 any of us in the house.

Any window with net curtains or blinds or frosted doesn't notice.

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 11:36:38 am »
Our house is on a round so the lads do it every 4 weeks, as is their own houses  ;D

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

ascjim

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 11:48:36 am »
Our house is on a round so the lads do it every 4 weeks, as is their own houses  ;D

Darran

Same here.

Smurf

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 12:00:41 pm »
All this rain washes my windows so I say "leave it until next time"  ;D

Walter Mitty

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 12:04:15 pm »
2 or 3 times a year for outside - maybe once or twice for inside.  I have to give my downstairs neighbour a freebie when I do mine.  Well, I don't have to but I choose to as it seems fairer that way.

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 12:24:30 pm »
Just looking out the back garden and I'm more worried about ground water flooding than cleaning the outside of my windows as I can see water sitting on top of the grass as it’s so waterlogged.  ???

SeanK

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 12:25:01 pm »
I never clean mine as wfp does a crap job and I don't think I could handle the rejection if I was to sack myself, thinking of taking on a traditional guy as they are bad at the moment.

Smurf

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 12:28:49 pm »
I never clean mine as wfp does a crap job and I don't think I could handle the rejection if I was to sack myself, thinking of taking on a traditional guy as they are bad at the moment.

What you don't no how to trad?...Call yourself a window cleaner shame on you  ;D

SeanK

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 12:30:41 pm »

What you don't no how to trad?...Call yourself a window cleaner shame on you  ;D

Its the uppers that beat me, I know how to come down a ladder but haven't a clue how to go up one. ;D

Mick Kent

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2016, 12:33:46 pm »
A trad guy comes and does mine. £4 for the front. Suits me.

Smurf

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2016, 12:35:23 pm »

Its the uppers that beat me, I know how to come down a ladder but haven't a clue how to go up one. ;D

Going up is the easy bit. So is the falling bit but the sudden stop at the end I've found out hurts like hell.  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2016, 12:37:58 pm »
A trad guy comes and does mine. £4 for the front. Suits me.

Good man, nothing like helping the poor is there mick  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2016, 12:48:33 pm »
You raise an interesting point there mick as how many work in the same street that they live in?
I for one stay clear as found out that is more hassle than it's worth.

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2016, 01:15:05 pm »
I work round the corner and to be honest I do find it hard to drive past my customers in my shiny bmw , I wear a hat and keep the sun visor down so no one sees me!  :o

Smurf

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2016, 01:35:24 pm »
I work round the corner and to be honest I do find it hard to drive past my customers in my shiny bmw , I wear a hat and keep the sun visor down so no one sees me!  :o

;D

Mick Kent

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2016, 01:47:54 pm »

Im the same in my 09 plate kia  :-X

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2016, 02:03:12 pm »
I clean mine regularly each year, usually around  June/July, so long as its not raining ( or I skip it til next year ).

Smurf

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2016, 02:15:28 pm »
Nice and regular then barry  ;D

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2016, 02:40:48 pm »
Nice and regular then barry  ;D
I dont like my neighbours, the last thing I want is to be able to see them out of my windows.