This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jonny thompson

LPG heater
« on: October 02, 2015, 06:50:52 pm »
Hi I have a LPG heater ( stainless steal one ), which works very well most of the day but after 5 hours use it struggles to ignite, I've changed batteries and upped flow , also the heater control panel flickers, the one thing that helps is just from pure chance I have played with a nut that when loosened water comes from ,I take it it drains the boiler, should this make a difference , cheers in advance jonny

advanced

Re: LPG heater
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 07:51:15 pm »
mine did the same it was two years old   basically  had to change it for new one  , they are pretty cheap anyway

jonny thompson

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 07:57:16 am »
I was just wondering if u need to drain them for them to operate better, or maybe it's on the way out

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 10:05:07 am »
If you have changed the batteries and put new batteries in it and the lcd panel still flickers then sounds to me it's an electrical fault with the heater. Draining it down should not make any difference to how it operates.

How old is the heater?

jonny thompson

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 01:13:54 pm »
Hi only about 1 year old , it's my second one in 2 and half years, it's strange that when the panel flickers and doesn't ignite, I've just unscrewed and drained the water and it works again for a short time

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 01:24:52 pm »
Sure it's not the thermal cut out kicking in as will not allow the heater to fire up if it senses it's too hot.
Also if your pump water flow is too low and the settings on the heater are wrongly set it will not fire up either.

jonny thompson

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 01:32:10 pm »
Not sure, if it's on the way out what do people recommend for a replacement , will a different heater still fit my flue in top of van

Smurf

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 01:37:07 pm »
What lpg heater do you have?

Smurf

jonny thompson

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 01:50:19 pm »
Just like yours but the make is A n Meny

Smurf

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 01:53:50 pm »
I think they are made in the same china factory but just with different stickers on  ;D

If it's about a year old contact the supplier to see what he says

Smurf

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 02:30:49 pm »
I've just done a quick test on mine.

Flow -  set to min
Winter/Summer - set to summer
Heat - set to min
Digi pump controller set to 50
Water comes out at 33c
With heat - set to max water comes out at 65c

Winter/Summer - set to winter
Heat - set to max water comes out at 75c then it cuts out.

Depends what I want to clean I usualy have the hot water heater set on min flow, summer setting then adjust the heat from min 33c (warm) upto max 65c (steaming hot).

If you adjust the pump controller lower than 50 on mine the heater keeps shutting down or will not fire up.

Also worth checking you don't have a restriction on the inlet hose like a kinked hose or filter blockage as this will cause problems too.

Then don't forget these heaters have a 20 min cut out built in which is not an issue if you turn the flow of water on/off.

For all the skeptics and whoever said cold cleans just as well as hot needs their head examined if you ask me as for example you would not clean baked on grime on dishes with just cold water now would you. And yes I use chems when required too.

Cold  pure water sucks if you ask me  ;D ;D ;D

jonny thompson

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2015, 03:52:43 pm »
Agree about the hot water, cheers

jonny thompson

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 03:34:55 pm »
I put the setting to summer today and had no problems , can u explain why

Spruce

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2015, 04:51:50 pm »
I put the setting to summer today and had no problems , can u explain why

Perhaps its because the input water isn't cold enough.
I think the summer setting only has half the burners alight if my memory serves me. The summer setting uses less gas. My guess is that the temperature of the heated water was too hot and keeps kicking the heater out.

A fellow cleaner uses his heater on the summer setting through the winter as well.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

jonny thompson

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 05:26:48 pm »
Cheers

Smurf

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 05:42:43 pm »
Winter setting will work in any temp however set it to winter setting and the flow set to min the flow of the pump controller needs to be adjusted higher or it will not fire or keep cutting out because it's a twin burner heater matrix so logic tells me  it's something to do with the sensor.

jonny thompson

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2015, 06:13:06 pm »
Pretty sure your right as when it's played up before I've turned the pump on to full and it still hasn't fired up, probably just luck it's worked today, I've ordered another one just in case

jonny thompson

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2015, 06:14:45 pm »
I always have the flow control on heater on full otherwise it never fires up, is that the same as yours

Smurf

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 09:28:53 pm »
I always have the flow control on heater on full otherwise it never fires up, is that the same as yours

No I've got mine set to min flow on the heater not max or it will not fire up at all using a wfp pump.