Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DaveG

Re: first day out using vision
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2015, 07:13:08 pm »
Wondered when you would pop up Sean  ;D
You can't polish a turd

SeanK

« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2015, 07:17:36 pm »
Wondered when you would pop up Sean  ;D

I did resist for almost 4 pages so I think I'm starting to mellow. ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2015, 07:47:44 pm »
Kempy, you keep saying GG4 is 90% water. Just curious where you get that information from because I've never seen it anywhere. I don't imagine Titan labs would be impressed if you band that about without any firm backup. Especially if you're wrong.

Have a look at this http://www.titanlabs.net/media/GG4-SDS.pdf

Ingredients:
Cas # | Percentage | Chemical Name
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
N/A | 80-89% | Proprietary, non-hazardous, non-regulated water in other words   ;D
68439-46-3 | 10-15% | Alcohols, C9-11, ethoxylated
68130-47-2 | 1-5% | Poly(oxy-1,2-ethanediyl), .alpha.-hydro-.omega.-hydroxy-, mono-C8-10-
alkyl ethers, phosphates

I see, could be I suppose  :) I'm no chemist.

SeanK

« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2015, 08:17:28 pm »
Kempy, you keep saying GG4 is 90% water. Just curious where you get that information from because I've never seen it anywhere. I don't imagine Titan labs would be impressed if you band that about without any firm backup. Especially if you're wrong.

Ingredients:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
N/A | 80-89% | Proprietary, non-hazardous, non-regulated water in other words   ;D
68130-47-2 | 1-5% | Poly(oxy-1,2-ethanediyl), .alpha.-hydro-.omega.-hydroxy-, mono-C8-10-
alkyl ethers, phosphates

That's not what it means at all Dave put it this way Glass Gleam Glide is 100% non hazardous non regulated.

CleanClear

« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2015, 08:56:35 pm »

Ingredients:
alkyl ethers, phosphates

Pure water being a manufactured product is a Proprietary, non-hazardous, non-regulated substance.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

keyser soze

« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2015, 12:19:12 am »
not bothered about the bickering , but had some feedback regarding my window cleaning . seems vision has been noticed by a few of my clients . iv'e had  good feedback tbh.. on the downside the water  sometimes isn't  consistent. occasionally it feels just like pure .not a biggie  though imho .i hope I'm the only one in my  town to use it.

That's total bull and if you don't know that you should, I get comments on how pure cleans the windows better and adds shine by the odd customer, I agree and would be a fool not to even though I could get the same results with traditional methods.
Feed this nonsense to customers by all means but don't come on here and try to fool seasoned shiners.

geezer its my opinion . I'm just sharing  and it works for me . I'm well impressed . don't tell me its bull.

SeanK

« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2015, 01:10:11 am »
not bothered about the bickering , but had some feedback regarding my window cleaning . seems vision has been noticed by a few of my clients . iv'e had  good feedback tbh.. on the downside the water  sometimes isn't  consistent. occasionally it feels just like pure .not a biggie  though imho .i hope I'm the only one in my  town to use it.

That's total bull and if you don't know that you should, I get comments on how pure cleans the windows better and adds shine by the odd customer, I agree and would be a fool not to even though I could get the same results with traditional methods.
Feed this nonsense to customers by all means but don't come on here and try to fool seasoned shiners.

geezer its my opinion . I'm just sharing  and it works for me . I'm well impressed . don't tell me its bull.

Yes and in my opinion your talking bull but if that upsets you I will change it to your talking like somebody with very little
knowledge or understanding about the job they do.
Unfortunately its hard not to sound insulting when your dealing with people who don't know that a clean window is a clean
window and the only  way to improve on that is to restore the frame if its lost some of its shine which none of these additives
will do as they are not upvc restorers nor do they leave a coating on the frame.

« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2015, 06:34:42 am »
I used it when I first started and whether it was a mental thing or what I don't know but it built my confidence a little until I realised I wanted to be the best without additives, so quit the vision and worked on my technique until it was right , still got 3 bottles in my garage, might stick them on eBay or in the for sale section

Smurf

« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2015, 08:39:09 am »
On dirty glass, plastics etc cold pure don't work very well if you ask me. For example it doesn’t remove insect droppings, tree sap, sea salt, really baked on bird pop, algae/lichen etc very well if at all. That's why more wfp cleaners use some kind of chem boost, scrub pad/scraper, magic sponges and some even hot pure too.

People think using cold pure water is the miracle cleaner but it's far from it in my book  ;D

SeanK

« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2015, 09:42:49 am »
On dirty glass, plastics etc cold pure don't work very well if you ask me. For example it doesn’t remove insect droppings, tree sap, sea salt, really baked on bird pop, algae/lichen etc very well if at all. That's why more wfp cleaners use some kind of chem boost, scrub pad/scraper, magic sponges and some even hot pure too.

People think using cold pure water is the miracle cleaner but it's far from it in my book  ;D

Yet you think by adding a microscopic amount of additive changes it into one, the majority of wfp cleaners still use nothing
more than pure alone because for all its faults it does what it needs to do.
All the things you have mentioned that are hard to remove can be removed very easily with a bit of knowledge and using the right technique.

Smurf

« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2015, 09:54:27 am »

Yet you think by adding a microscopic amount of additive changes it into one, the majority of wfp cleaners still use nothing
All the things you have mentioned that are hard to remove can be removed very easily with a bit of knowledge and using the right technique.

I'm not talking about one product in particular so would you care to elaberate?

SeanK

« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2015, 12:01:24 pm »

I'm not talking about one product in particular so would you care to elaberate?

All of them, your adding an amount the size of the point of a pin to a litre of water even the most concentrated chemical
diluted to those ratios will be rendered useless.
Your basically still using pure but paying the additive guys x amount a year for the privilege but then if it helps your confidence
which is one of the reasons why some find wfp hard to get on with then maybe its worth it.
But to come on here and say it restores the shine on sun damaged upvc does nothing but make the person sound foolish.
That last line wasn't directed at your good self.

Smurf

« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2015, 03:18:42 pm »

Ingredients:
alkyl ethers, phosphates

Pure water being a manufactured product is a Proprietary, non-hazardous, non-regulated substance.

Indeed gg4 is 80-89% water ;D

Now can anyone tell me how much Proprietary, non-hazardous, non-regulated water is in vision as a comparision?

kempy

« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2015, 03:26:50 pm »
5% water is in vision .

Smurf

« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2015, 03:32:30 pm »
5% water is in vision .

Is that pure or tap water kempy?

SeanK

« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2015, 04:02:32 pm »
5% water is in vision .

There's even more than 5% water in a bar of soap, just shows even the guys who invented it haven't a clue what its made up
from. ::)roll

kempy

« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2015, 04:09:24 pm »
Are you for real SeanK .
The person asked the question and I have answered .
Hence whatever I say , you will always turn it into a critisism or a negative .
Utter nonsense .
What's the point .
I answered the question very quickly and concisely . On my kids life with the correct answer .

SeanK I'm not wanting arguments , tit for tat , but your response their just sums up the pathetic response from you .
Dear oh dear .
Not getting drawn into this now .
Best I leave you lot to talk amongst yourselfs .
lol

kempy

« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2015, 04:10:29 pm »
Pure water

kempy

« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2015, 04:13:33 pm »
That's my final post on vision now . Just going around in circles , unnessary criticism , comments .

Pointless , kids footy weekend , hobbies and family time

Smurf

« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2015, 04:15:27 pm »
So in layman terms vision is a hell of alot more concentrated cleaning product than say a 1ltr bottle of gg4?