Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Aaron stanton

Indian restaurant
« on: September 25, 2015, 07:00:07 am »
As this is my first year of carpet cleaning I am  experiencing many firsts, this week I cleaned my first Indian restaurant. At first inspection it didn't look that dirty so I thought it would clean up nice and be straight forward but I was wrong!

It did clean up and look better but I know I can get better results in the future, the dirt was hard to break down and there was plenty of it obviously greasy from the kitchen.

The point of this post is to say that when starting out it is easy to feel deflated when we don't get the results we were expecting but the most important thing is to learn from it and do a better job the next time.

They said they will use me again and were happy with my efforts and I did get a free curry at the end of the job  :)

Radek Jablonski

Re: Indian restaurant
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 09:02:54 am »
Heres chinese restaurant carpet I did months ago. Power burst and f90 in the tank.

Aaron stanton

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 09:43:36 am »
I used alltec products, citrus pre spray and ultimate master. Used a floormac for agitation. Good work Radek looks good

Robin Ray

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 12:14:13 pm »
Cant beat powerburst!

Robin Ray

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 12:15:06 pm »
Give it a good scrub in with a rotary though!

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 02:13:26 pm »
I used alltec products, citrus pre spray and ultimate master. Used a floormac for agitation. Good work Radek looks good

Thanks
What machine did you use for extraction?
Floormac is too light for restaurant carpet.

scott johns

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 03:46:32 pm »
what dilution rate did you do ? as it can be diluted 20-1 for commercial I have  used citrus pre spray for
over 7 years have not found any thing it can not handle and also ultimate master. possible you didn't
 what long enough dwell time, not enough agitation , possible water temp not hot enough,, but more
than likely they have done it in the past and set some of the stains in. any way you must have done
a good job as they gave you a free curry well done happy cleaning

Aaron stanton

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 05:04:09 pm »
I used Alltec advance. A rotary would have helped with this 1 that's what I though at the time so will be getting 1 soon. I probably didn't have the right dilution rate that's a good point I probably should have made it stronger.

Lots learnt on this job so onwards and upwards. Cheers

tim handley

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 04:53:24 pm »
a better agitation machine would definately have helped.........

tim handley

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 04:55:06 pm »
 great result Radek.........   what chems did you use on that one????  im doing a similar job tomorrow, probably use enzall, though i do have powerburst on board as well,..........

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2015, 11:26:57 am »
Power burst on the carpet, agitated with tm4 and extractex with f90

Smurf

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 12:22:10 pm »
That takes me back a long time ago (30 odd years) when I use to do carpet cleaning as back then I use to use stimvak machines with a stimvak rotary. How the years have flown by...I miss all those free curries too ;D

tim handley

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2015, 05:11:31 pm »
radek i did a large greasy dirty eating area today, very heavy soiling. Its part of a really nice contract i have for a large
conference/showground venue, they keep me very busy,  been there  five full days in the last  2 weeks!  Last year i got this particular room looking okay, they were happy with it but i thought it was just okay, if you get my drift (we are our own biggest critics are we not??)   This time i used my storm on 600 psi, and agitated heavily with aggresive pads prior to leaving for a 5 minute dwell then extracted................  results were about ten times better, and i did it in about half the time........... bingo, jobs a good un.....
what worked for me, apart from better machines/pads.............      same as for you, powerburst and f90 rinse!!!!!!!