Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kinder clean

Hi all

Had a catastrophic failure of pump motor ( May be pump that's caused it so figuring I'll need both, re sealed the pump less than a year ago )

Have any of you guys fitted an alternative pump and motor to the Amtech originals ( which are £800 plus )

UPDATE: just taken end off the motor to find the bearing that's collapsed, other than the bearing there doesn't seem any damage except for the end housing where the bearing seats has been worn elongated, not sure if there is a product available that would allow to reseat the bearing in the worn housing.

Time to rearrange work!!,  Still it'll be nice to not work the bank holiday !!

Help much appreciated.

Thanks Paul

john martin

Had something similar lately  ,   is it like this ?
Might be a different motor , anyway 6 euro bearing and i was back on the road .

Mike Halliday

This looks an interesting pump, Cat is the king of pump manufacturers  might be worth checking its dimensions  or calling the supplier...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cat-pump-1XP150-051-600PSI-Carpet-cleaning-pump-/281772563014?hash=item419af41a46
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

john martin

Thats a good enough price for the CAT alright , as in Mytee seen to be fitting them as standard insted of pumptec now , but they are way more expensive as ' mytee replacement part '   ,  same with all of them i suppose , 800 for a powerflite pumptec is crazy , those are often selling for 350 or so complete .