Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

*Hector*

Re: Sponges
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2015, 04:49:29 am »
Well Mr Gerrard that is a very bold satement , the system, vac, spray,  tm4,  vac again , bonnet, there is loads of rubbish comming out from the bottom of the  pile , then again i could use a sebo like a lot of carpet cleaners and leave most of the dirt in the bottom of the carpet, come on Hector help me out here , has i said each carpet cleaner to  his system , going for a pint now love you all even the tm lads.

Sorry, not getting involved here..... I am retired!!  ;D ;D

I have had my arguments with Simon on here in the past, but have stood my ground and had the courage of my convictions and proved myself correct.... But I didn't just encap, and didn't just LM, I combined all sorts of methods, but still remained Low Moisture.....

However..... I always bonnetted my encap cleaning at the end so that I didn't leave residue in the custards house, as they NEVER vacuum when it is dry, but leave it a few days to make sure... by which time it has been a waste of time cleaning it in the first place IMHO..  ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2015, 10:56:55 am »
It's not that I am against encapping, I've got all the gear for both LM and encap, Cimex R48, rotaries, pads, brushes, chemicals etc.
But I also have a whole range of other equipment and tools, a TM, portable extractor, the means to agitate with both brush and pad, the means to scrub small areas with a Minitex and a wide range of chemicals.
From my perspective, it is our mission to arrive at a job with the means to clean any carpet, regardless of age or condition and to choose from the available options the best system or technique to get that carpet, not just nearly clean, but really clean. So I could not imagine having only an encap system available to me because I would be selling both myself and  more importantly the customer short in terms of producing the best possible result - but that is just me.
Are there top class exponents of LM, you bet there are, Hector being a prime example of that.
What seems absurd to me is that the part the whole encap system relies on, removing the encapsulated soil when the carpet is dry, is missed and passed onto the customer, who may or may not do it and even if they do may not do it properly, leaving potentially harmful residues in the carpet and as Hector says, that makes cleaning it a complete waste of time.
Let's not forget, our number one goal as business people is to have the clients we serve come to see us as, 'their carpet cleaner,' and we do that by the quality of the work we do and the level of service we provide to them, so that we can build a successful business for the long term.

Simon

Mike Halliday

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2015, 11:10:50 am »
Last year I cleaned some offices including 2 flights of stairs and landings, I encapped the offices and had I helper use the TM  on the stairs & landing.

The second day we returned and could see a big difference between the 2 areas, although the office looked massively cleaner  when you opened the door between the office and the landing it was the same difference again,  if we had not used the TM We would have walked away patting ourselves on the back  for doing such a great job.

I have had the same thing happen using a spotting machine on domestics I tried bonneting homes but had I disagreeistant walk around and remove bad stains with the spotter, again we could had difficulty blending in the very clean spotted area with the rest of the carpet.

All LM cleaning will do a good job but it's hard to make a direct comparison  without a side by side clean, it will make a carpet 'cleaner' but not 'clean'

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

dustee

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2015, 09:18:59 pm »
What would be the best pre-spray for sponges
Or a micro splitter

John Kelly

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2015, 09:31:24 am »
Craftex Multisolve is an excellent pre-spray for this method.

dustee

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2015, 09:08:13 pm »
John do you sell the dry compound ( sponges ) if so at what price

John Kelly

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2015, 09:20:00 pm »
We do the Craftex and Chemspec ones they are on our website.

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2015, 09:35:00 pm »
personally I like the ones you get in the bottom of those birds triffles..

Darran Pryce

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2015, 06:59:19 am »
Well i use encap 95% of the time and work 5 to 6 days aweek, plus work for 5 estate agents and they love it , dry in about a hour plus loads of repeat from my customer bank , so every body to there own ,

I'm with you on this one.  We always pre-vac, spray down with dynamall, let it dwell for a short time, then bonnet. 

Every time we go to a job, if we can bonnet we will (most of all our commercial is encap with fantastic results, never had one issue).

Don't get me wrong, some carpets we will need to hwe, but most jobs encap.  Never had one complaint either from letting agent/property management company or the tenant.

If we need to spot clean before, we will, but encap if used correctly does give fantastic results.  Every method of cleaning has its time and place depending on how bad/carpet type is.

I never rule our hwe but if we can encap we will.  As for asking the custy to vac after once the carpet has dried, we always explain to the the custy before hand (what method of cleaning, what to expect from the clean and about vacuuming after the clean).  Never any issues.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2015, 09:09:26 am »
Never really got into dry compound as my experiments using my Ashbys power brush at home have not been successful so I put it down to not having a host. or similar machine.

Then I read a Paul Pierce post great he is on here after all these years..saying it is possible to have success using a hard brush.

So was my failure the equipment sponges or it is just a useless system for a dirty carpet,