Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

clive ware

texatherm
« on: August 11, 2015, 07:33:30 am »
Anyone still use the Texatherm system? I`ve got a nursing home to clean next week in the evening. Pretty much impossible to get the truckmount to it because of the risk of residents tripping over pipes so we normally pad it. Its the communal areas so just dirty - not too many nasties on it!! It`s the usual impervious backed nusning home carpet which cleans up great with the truckmount and powerburst but a real struggle with any sort of pad. We encapped it last time but I wasnt very happy with the result and was thinking along the lines of the Tex system. Only trouble there is that my old heater bucket pretty much fell to bits recently so I chucked it up the dump so would have to adapt some sort of heater bucket/burco sort of thing. (perfectly safe!! ;D)

Jamie Pearson

Re: texatherm
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 08:13:03 am »
What didi you use to encap last time Clive?

We find that either Chemspec Kill Odor Plus (if its a smelly) or a boosted encap through a cimex gives great results.

clive ware

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 08:41:27 am »
Hi Jamie, I used ds2 last time with some restore powder added. Just wondering if the truvox orbis isn't heavy enough?

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 09:06:22 am »
Orbis should do it.

You might want to increase the agitation under the machine to compensate.

DS2 with Energizer or other percarbonate booster should do it.

Bob Allen

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 05:41:05 pm »
I did see a texatherm bucket for sale on one of these forums or ebay
I have a heater bucket a plastic blue type one
Bob Allen

Bob Allen

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 07:20:26 pm »
For sale section £400
Bob Allen

Steve_Knight

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 12:56:29 am »
Texatherm will be fine Clive just use Bobs heater bucket.
Better than encap IMO

stuart_clark

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 07:43:28 am »
I have a blue heater bucket, but I prefer encap with a pad, I think if you have the right chemical balance you will achieve good results! I use Odour kill plus in sheltered acomodations and nursing homes aon a very regular basis and I get good results

Stuart

Helen

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 07:03:48 am »
Only trouble there is that my old heater bucket pretty much fell to bits recently so I chucked it up the dump so would have to adapt some sort of heater bucket/burco sort of thing. (perfectly safe!! ;D)

Top tip we picked up a few years ago..... use a domestic kettle and pour the boiling water from that onto the pad

heritagecleaning

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 09:03:38 am »
Texatherm will be fine Clive just use Bobs heater bucket.
Better than encap IMO

I agree. It's just more time consuming - backwards and forward with the pads, two passes over the same area. Plus the smell isn't great.

clive ware

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2015, 10:04:40 pm »
I used to quite like the texatherm smell.
Might be struggling to get over there this week as my van has just packed up. Oil pump disintegrated yesterday so bits of metal all in the oil. On the ramp at the moment and new oil pump going on tomorrow, top up with oil and prey no permanent damage has been done to the engine!! 6 monthes out of the warranty!

Jamie Pearson

Re: texatherm New
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2015, 07:48:35 am »
If you have full dealer history you may get 50% claimed against manufacturer.