Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Deep Cleaning Solutions

Facebook Nutters!
« on: August 07, 2015, 08:49:17 am »
I've been  turning down Facebook jobs for the last 6 months because I was sick of dealing with complete nut jobs! Anyway yesterday I was asked on FB how much for 2 medium sized rugs. Because I like to think the best of people I thought I would give FB one more chance and give her a quote. She was only local so i said I would do it for £45. To be honest my minimum is now £60 but I made it a bit cheaper because of my experience that FB customers want the price as low as possible. I thought it was a cheap at that price and I was doing favour to be honest. I received a reply this morning that was rude to say the least basically asking me to justify the price and to give her a break down of my cost's !!!!! That's it now with FB I don't know why I replied to her anyway because I'm really busy. If I get anymore messages on FB i'm fully booked from now on lol!
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

Stoots

Re: Facebook Nutters!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 09:22:55 am »
Its a joke is Fb

i wanted to test the demand for carpet cleaning as im just starting out so

i posted an add last week to about 40 groups, only 1 add advertising  carpets cleaned for £20 per room,
i got 7 replys in a bout 2 hours.

the next day i posted same ad but at £40 per room, only 1 reply and she ended up changing her mind and cancelling

Elfyn

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 09:34:23 am »
I've had nothing but grief from the leads I've had from FaceBook - no one home when you call, cancelled appointments etc. I was starting to think that it was me.  >:(

ShaunL

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 09:35:02 am »
I used to think FB would be big for me when I started out. But as time goes on its just a giant flea market and people selling super un classy items of s**t on there. Price shoppers, higher chance of a last minute cancellation if anyone books. Theres cleaners in my area asvertising 3 rooms for 45. Thats what FB is for.

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 10:06:42 am »
There is one lad on there who charges £10 a room and he will do just one room !!!
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

Aaron stanton

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 10:35:55 am »
Just started out in carpet cleaning and thought I would get a Lot of my work through facebook but so far I look to be wrong. All I get is people asking how much to clean my hall for example. I give them a price then nothing. They don't even give measurements or say hello lol.

Steve Chapman

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 12:37:20 pm »
Its different if you do the paid for advertising not the free stuff....

Darran Pryce

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 12:42:23 pm »
I've had similar experiences.  Don't get me wrong, I have had some good work, and a few commercial jobs, but I have also had idiots  wanting carpets cleaned for £5-£10 each...Had two people ask me to breakdown my price for £70 wool carpet to be cleaned.

My reply:  my time, fuel, van tax, van insurance,  van MOT, public liability insurance,  my tax, my NI, safecontractor approved,  and machine wear and tear, not forgetting the cleaning solutions.

I got the job after all that.

wayne zabel

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2015, 01:09:18 pm »
Its different if you do the paid for advertising not the free stuff....

How do you do the free stuff?

I tested the water 2 weeks ago and paid £5 a day for 2 weeks to go out to around 3000 addresses a day.

Ive had 3 jobs so far and 2 referals from one of them so its been a good return.

When you say free stuff do you mean just getting as many "likes" as possible?

Steve Chapman

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2015, 02:41:37 pm »
Posting in all the local business and for sale groups..... most are just looking for as cheap deal as possible.

Normally with the paid for adverts you can target a demographic more and it appeals to more sensible people not just after a bargain.......

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 03:38:01 pm »
I am in the middle of preparing something about facebook ads.

We ran some really successful tests recently and I will have a step by step guide going out to our email list.

If you arent on our list drop me a line and I will get it to you. Ift should be ready in the next 2 weeks.

jamie@cleaningsystemsuk.com

swanson

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 06:57:20 pm »
Face book sounds great
NOT,,,,,,,,,

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2015, 08:00:16 pm »
Gotta say facebook is were all my work at moment is coming from. If your just posting in buy and sell pages etc then it don't work but if you spend money on boosting your posts in areas you choose and target audience then customers will come. I boost videos in action you can't get better as there seeing real time results and it pays for itself and builds my page up them referals will come. If I relied on phone calls I wouldn't have any work but facebook is working.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 09:33:23 pm »
So the paid adds defo work then?

i will have to try a proper campaign when i can afford it to try it for myself, i just use free groups

neil 47

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2015, 09:54:23 pm »
For sale sites

FB you are trying to sell a service  to people who have time to trawl groups for hours on end to save what little money they have .

TIME is not a expensive commodity to them they have all day .

Your trying to sell cashmere coats to the homeless ,they will buy it if it's cheap but holds no value to them
IICRC

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 09:59:03 pm »
this guys really busy on fb...but check his prices

https://www.facebook.com/BurtonandSons2013

scott johns

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2015, 10:30:38 pm »
you might as well go do the local car boot sale they all like things cheap just like fb all you will be
getting price choppers and time wasters don't waste your time

Steve Chapman

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2015, 01:06:42 pm »
Saying facebook is a waste of time is a bit like saying the internet is a waste of time !

You just need to know how to use it !  - There is a ton of traffic on there, but like adwords you need the skill in harnessing it and making it work for you!

There is not just one demographic that use facebook, but each use it in a different way, if you post in the cheap for sale groups you will get price shoppers obviously.

If you spend a little money on a well targeted campaign and remarket to these ones then you can obtain some quite good paying customers.

derek west

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2015, 02:29:49 pm »
Saying facebook is a waste of time is a bit like saying the internet is a waste of time !

You just need to know how to use it !  - There is a ton of traffic on there, but like adwords you need the skill in harnessing it and making it work for you!

There is not just one demographic that use facebook, but each use it in a different way, if you post in the cheap for sale groups you will get price shoppers obviously.

If you spend a little money on a well targeted campaign and remarket to these ones then you can obtain some quite good paying customers.

Good post Steve. There are several ways to use facebook for advertising, each one suits different target markets. Research them all and find which one works for you instead of dismissing them all because one way didnt work for some bloke down the pub,

JandS

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2015, 03:08:57 pm »
How do they manage at those prices...especially u/h.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.