Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ben M

valve pole hose
« on: July 01, 2015, 09:18:37 pm »

I have this valve,nice one but too fragile,can you recommend a better one?

Thanks

Ben

Positivity

Re: valve pole hose
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 07:58:23 am »
The tap itself is very robust the new ones from Gardiners are better than the old model. What do you mean is fragile?
Is it the red plastic inserts?  They are so easy to damage and impossible to fix if the little springy thing pops out.
The best way to make them more robust is to use the 8mm John Guest insert with 6mm barb.
I wrap mine round with several wraps of insulating tape to prevent them pulling out - they last for ages with no problems.

ben M

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 08:19:55 am »
yes fragile,the little sringy thing inside pops out so easily even with the new valve from gardiner

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 08:24:02 am »

Thanks

Ben

i use the exact same taps ben and they last ages if you fit them at the brush end.mine is over a year old and still going strong. :)
price higher/work harder!

martinw

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 08:31:57 am »

Don Kee

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 04:44:39 pm »
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161736633220?nav=SEARCH

Had one of these for working just fine for about 18months - 2years
Why don't you have a quick google before making stupid comments?

DaveG

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 04:51:02 pm »
You can't polish a turd

ben M

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 09:15:13 pm »

Thanks

Ben

i use the exact same taps ben and they last ages if you fit them at the brush end.mine is over a year old and still going strong. :)
Thanks Daz for your advice but i don't see the point to add weight on a extreme 25 ;)

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 10:21:52 pm »
are you serious ben?the tap hardly weighs anything!ok i lose a bit of water when extending and retracting my pole but ive got used to working this way now after my second AD broke within a few weeks.(which was over a year ago now)the taps last ages when there not being dragged along the floor. ;)
price higher/work harder!

ben M

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 10:33:26 pm »
are you serious ben?the tap hardly weighs anything!ok i lose a bit of water when extending and retracting my pole but ive got used to working this way now after my second AD broke within a few weeks.(which was over a year ago now)the taps last ages when there not being dragged along the floor. ;)
yes i am serious! this valve is bloody heavy! take it off from your brush and you will see the difference,believe me  :)