Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andy east sussex

pole advice please
« on: June 29, 2015, 09:04:52 pm »
we use a grafter 32 but want to change it to something abit easier to work with without a big price tag phoenix poles ???? we don't have much 3 storey work but handy to know the pole will reach it east like the 32 does

Dave Willis

Re: pole advice please
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 09:20:44 pm »
how do you cope with two of you using one pole  ???

andy east sussex

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 09:32:14 pm »
sorry not we ... me lol

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 09:44:05 pm »
how do you cope with two of you using one pole  ???

Once the front is done, the guy who's been stood waiting for the pole then takes the pole round the back and cleans  ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 09:45:22 pm »
dont skimp on poles mate if you have a busy workload.an SLX 25 would be a good choice if your looking for a light hard wearing pole thats a bit cheaper than an xtreme.

my 25 foot xtreme reaches all my 3 storey work.
price higher/work harder!

andy east sussex

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 09:48:52 pm »
cheers daz

NWH

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 10:55:23 pm »
Extreme poles are the best poles bar none,don't listen to people that say they don't last either coz they last as long as any other pole. I would argue they last longer due to the ease of use

jonboywalton75

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 11:39:15 pm »
They don't last

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 07:38:15 am »
Extreme poles are the best poles bar none,don't listen to people that say they don't last either coz they last as long as any other pole. I would argue they last longer due to the ease of use

they are defo NOT as hardwearing as an SLX for example but they are fantastic for keeping strain to a minimum.i personally have never broke any xtreme sections though (even with an aqua-daptor on the end of my first extreme which lasted 18 months).

the new xtremes seem more robust esp with the new metal clamping sections.i take a bit more care with my main 25 footer(flush it out regularly and lightly spray with dry PTFE lubricant every couple of weeks).it gets used for nearly all my work day in/day out.im hoping to get 2 years out of this one before buying another.

ive had my extreme 47 for a few years now.im hoping to get 5 years use out of it at least as it only gets used around 10 times a month.
price higher/work harder!

wpclean

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 07:43:05 am »
Go for a Brodex 36 ft aluminium pole. lightest pole on the market, and will clean everything !  ;D

DeLuce

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 07:47:02 am »
Yeah, like others have said, the Gardiner SLX is a good workhorse but if your budget can stretch to an Xtreme pole then get one. Light, rigid and not to taxing on the body.
Is your 3 storey work modern property or more Victorian? If old may require pole extension on a 25 (extension pack to 35')

SeanK

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 09:04:07 am »
All poles last well if used in the way they where meant to be used, let them slide closed without any support or don't keep
the clamps adjusted properly allowing the pole sections to spin then you cant blame the pole because it doesn't last.