This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

No more twisty pole hose - yay!!!
« on: June 29, 2015, 03:16:41 pm »
I found a cure! Dead easy  ;)

HALTON

Re: No more twisty pole hose - yay!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 03:39:40 pm »

Rich Wilts

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 04:24:05 pm »
Vision  :)

Rich Wilts

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 04:24:46 pm »
Run hot water through it, stretch it out, then run cold through it.

Bungle

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 05:01:55 pm »
Run hot water through it, stretch it out, then run cold through it.

Works for a day then goes back to normal.
We look at them, they look through them.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 05:16:45 pm »
The new wireless system
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Dave Willis

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 05:55:42 pm »
I'm having a website built and will charge for the privilege of my new found knowledge!

Oh alright then .............................. simples. Most of us are predominently right handed or left handed and simply coil our hoses back up time and time again with the same loops and the same twist. Stretch the hose out straight and rotate it 'till all the twists are gone.
Now the trick  ... coil it up lefthanded instead of right handed - eventually it's going to twist the other way I'd imagine so coil it up right handed again. Or you could alternate during the day.

Mine's been perfect all day.
I shall be returning my anti-depressants to the chemists first thing in the morning.  ;) 

Frankybadboy

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 06:19:26 pm »
i dont get any problems with my pole hose ;) ;)

as i still aint working to find out  ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 06:41:32 pm »
I expect those tadpoles in your tank have turned into frogs by now!

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: No more twisty pole hose - yay!!! New
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 08:25:46 am »
I've always found it helpful when winding up, to make sure that the hose is lying straight before winding up. Anything else and it can't form neat coils.
When working I tend to turn more in one direction than another, so every so often I'll turn the pole in the opposite a couple of times. I seldom have problems with the hose twisting or kinking when doing this.

oldman

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 07:03:06 am »
I'm having a website built and will charge for the privilege of my new found knowledge!

Oh alright then .............................. simples. Most of us are predominently right handed or left handed and simply coil our hoses back up time and time again with the same loops and the same twist. Stretch the hose out straight and rotate it 'till all the twists are gone.
Now the trick  ... coil it up lefthanded instead of right handed - eventually it's going to twist the other way I'd imagine so coil it up right handed again. Or you could alternate during the day.

Mine's been perfect all day.
I shall be returning my anti-depressants to the chemists first thing in the morning.  ;)

....or just twist the pole-hose each loop, as you re-coil the hose.

johnwillan

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 09:23:13 am »
Maybe I've misunderstood, but I wind from the pole and the twist simply drops out, no twists!

I noticed one of my chaps winding from the tail back to the pole and in no time the hose was completely twisted and unusable!

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 06:24:18 pm »
disconnect your pole hose occasionally when your putting your pole away in between jobs and run a cloth over it from the base thus cleaning the pole hose and straightening out any twists.
price higher/work harder!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 09:26:59 pm »
Maybe I've misunderstood, but I wind from the pole and the twist simply drops out, no twists!

I noticed one of my chaps winding from the tail back to the pole and in no time the hose was completely twisted and unusable!

Same technique that I use  - https://youtu.be/NsnldFz9XeI

Dave Willis

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2015, 09:37:11 pm »
I always coil and clean from the pole end on every job. Eventually the coils take on a figure of eight shape (I probably do more work  ;)) Coiling left handed and right handed through the day fixes my problem of twisty hose.