This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

james stanley

HF4 HF5 membrane
« on: June 28, 2015, 09:41:27 pm »
How can you tell the difference by sight ? It doesn't say on the label ? It's second hand also .....thanks

Smudger

Re: HF4 HF5 membrane
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 10:57:47 pm »
Wouldn't buy any membrane second hand unless it's just a couple of quid,

Most likely had most of its life sucked out of it, or been left to dry out, or contaminated

But to answer your question yes it will have a label on it

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

james stanley

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 11:09:33 am »
Thanks , it was free anyway , it works as water is 4ppm after booster before resin ..... But it will only run upto about 80psi ... Which makes me think it's a hf5 as a hf4 can run higher ... However I am not sure if it's just the fact that the water board have turned the water pressure down over the summer which they do apparently and that's why it's running at 80psi anyway ?   There is a label on the membrane but it doesn't say on it ?

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 07:33:50 pm »
Manufacturer code ?

Then google it, not all membranes are classed as hf4 or 5 ( I think that's a particular manufacturers designation )

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

james stanley

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 08:51:58 pm »
Thanks