Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jo5hm4n

New Pole Spec
« on: June 28, 2015, 08:15:36 pm »
So i am upgrading from a CLX18 to a SLX25.  This was the spec i had on the CLX18

Quick loq resi neck
super  lite medium mixed dual trim brush
yellow pvc/rubber hose
EZ snap tail

This works fine for me but as i am getting a new pole, can any of you recommend anything different that would improve cleaning time or ability?  Such as the brush or maybe a different adaptor at the end?  Bear in mind all of my work is domestic houses nothing too complicated.

Thanks!

8weekly

Re: New Pole Spec
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 09:38:52 pm »
I like using a gooseneck.

Jonny 87

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 09:43:08 pm »
I like using a gooseneck.

+1

A carbon fibre goosenck is a must for me now. The 45 degree version that gardiners sell.

Helps to clean window ledges, and on gable ends where space is restricted etc.

Plus the pole just seems to feel more balanced with it.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

wpclean

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 09:44:13 pm »
I find that using a gooseneck puts strain on my wrists !

Jonny 87

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 09:45:33 pm »

Really?

It's lighter in weight so can't really work that one out.

I found a swivel put strain in my elbows and wrists, but not a carbon fibre gooseneck.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

jo5hm4n

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 10:39:53 pm »
Whats a Gooseneck guys?  What's the difference between that and a standard fitting.

SeanK

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 10:47:53 pm »

Really?

I found a swivel put strain in my elbows and wrists, but not a carbon fibre gooseneck.

Have not used a gooseneck but can see when it would be harder on the wrists, cleaning a patio door would be one
example, the further the brush sits from the pole the heavier it gets.
In an up and down motion there wont be much difference unless you rinse of the glass but if your cleaning with the
brush in a vertical or angled position then you wont have as good a balance as you would with a resi neck.

Jonny 87

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 10:51:40 pm »

Really?

Have not used a gooseneck but can see when it would be harder on the wrists, cleaning a patio door would be one
example, the further the brush sits from the pole the heavier it gets.
In an up and down motion there wont be much difference unless you rinse of the glass but if your cleaning with the
brush in a vertical or angled position then you wont have as good a balance as you would with a resi neck.

Yeah I can see what your saying.

The weight saving of the carbon fibre has to balance it out a bit though surely.

I'm also using it with a supreme brush which has very good splay and this helps with any awkward angles.

Jonny 87

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 10:53:48 pm »
Whats a Gooseneck guys?  What's the difference between that and a standard fitting.

This is what I use.

Expensive, but awesome in my opinion. I also use it on an extreme pole so the difference may not be as noticeable on a clx/slx.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/goosenecks-pole-fittings/super-lite-carbon-fibre-alloy-goosenecks-fittings/quick-loq-carbon-gooseneck-10-25cm-45a.html

KS Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 10:54:17 pm »
Try a swivel resi neck, if somehow  you don't get on with it you can just tighten the nut and use it as a standard resi neck

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2015, 07:33:17 am »
I have a carbon gooseneck , gets used for one window every six weeks. Don't like them because the angle is fixed.
Swivel and angle adapter covers everything for me.

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 08:07:55 am »
goosenecks are good for large deep ledge sash window jobs,solar panels and conny roofs but i just use the standard resi neck for most work as i have a tap in between top clamp and brush.

to the OP the standard SL medium mixed brush IMO is the most hard wearing brush that gardiners sell but mine only gets used for filthy first cleans as i like the supremes or extremes cos their lighter and great for regular maintenance window cleaning.
price higher/work harder!