This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nathanael Jones

Re: big van vs small van
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2015, 05:13:51 pm »
Van choice depends a lot on how you  run your business - if you're a 1 man band who only does windows then a small van is perfect,... but if you offer add-ons that require extra equipment (guttervac, pressure washer etc etc) then you're going to struggle for space at times.

Personally I started with a Pug Partner and a 400L tank & outgrew it within a year - I moved up to a SWB Pug Boxer and put a 650 litre tank in it & found it much better for my business,... I had a floor scrubbing machine and a big pressure washer in it and still had room for shelves & pole storage etc etc.

koopmaster

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2015, 05:42:58 pm »
I have the oppisite,  I have a ford 75 van which is perfect for me.  cost is about £70 a month diesel.  Now I want to start a bouncy castle business with the window cleaning and need a big van to transport both. so looking for a ford transit. 

Ian101

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2015, 08:55:55 am »

[/quote]

I dont know how you work out of that van,
[/quote]

how do you mean ?

because its a little dirty or cos of its size or something else ?

dirty = as its a working vehicle rear is not a concern and outside van where customers see / cab is mint ... not into painting rear with protectacote as don't see point and too busy working on windows / enjoying time off  :)

size = cramped when full of pressure washer but obviously taken out when working at the job

:-*

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2015, 08:58:41 am »
whats peoples thoughts on having a large van vs a small van?

ie a small vauxhall combo carrying a 500l tank vs a lwb tranny van or trafic carrying 650-1000l

pros and cons?

This is exactly what happened to me a few years ago ... my 2 man 650 system Transit developed a problem with the fuel pump which was going to cost over £1000 to fix so scrapped it and got a combo as a short term van till another transit came up .... 2 years later still got the combo.

swapped 650 tank for a 500 tank so combo now has 500 tank with 2 man set up.

PRO'S = better fuel consumption went from £150 to £100 a month in diesel
                    easier to park in cramped residential areas /

CON'S = combo great for 1 man which is how I work but too small for day in day out use as 2 man .... I fill tank to 400 litres which is enough      for me but with 2 man it wont last full day (yes I know even at 400 it is probably overloaded for first hour or 2) 

sometimes a little cramped with all equipment in it and if pressure washing have to strip all window cleaning gear out                (not tank) then swap it all back - with transit would have been enough room

Later this year will need to employ a part timer is things carry on as they are so will run combo into ground then get a transit in new year.

stuff of van nightmares that ian!what a cramped mess!!id hate it! ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Ian101

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2015, 09:04:53 am »
lol daz ... its only to get the gear to the job  ;D

Ian101

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2015, 09:07:02 am »
thing weve sold our house so transit van on the cards .... missus don't know that yet though  ;)

done 4 viewings to same people so they best buy it  ::)roll ::)roll

jonboywalton75

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2015, 09:37:34 am »
whats peoples thoughts on having a large van vs a small van?

ie a small vauxhall combo carrying a 500l tank vs a lwb tranny van or trafic carrying 650-1000l

pros and cons?

This is exactly what happened to me a few years ago ... my 2 man 650 system Transit developed a problem with the fuel pump which was going to cost over £1000 to fix so scrapped it and got a combo as a short term van till another transit came up .... 2 years later still got the combo.

swapped 650 tank for a 500 tank so combo now has 500 tank with 2 man set up.

PRO'S = better fuel consumption went from £150 to £100 a month in diesel
                    easier to park in cramped residential areas /

CON'S = combo great for 1 man which is how I work but too small for day in day out use as 2 man .... I fill tank to 400 litres which is enough      for me but with 2 man it wont last full day (yes I know even at 400 it is probably overloaded for first hour or 2) 

sometimes a little cramped with all equipment in it and if pressure washing have to strip all window cleaning gear out                (not tank) then swap it all back - with transit would have been enough room

Later this year will need to employ a part timer is things carry on as they are so will run combo into ground then get a transit in new year.

stuff of van nightmares that ian!what a cramped mess!!id hate it! ;D ;D

You're a pig Ian  :'(

Ian101

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2015, 09:49:05 am »

[/quote]

[/quote]

does the job for me ........................... plus can easy get 2000 leaflets in there for the Hawarden redrow estate .... all houses £6 inc sills and frames  :o

Klean07

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2015, 12:21:43 pm »
I used a Connect for 8 years with a 400 upright tank. Very reliable and cheap to maintain etc. Had to have poles next to my head though whilst driving but all legal etc.
I've recently brought an 11 plate 2 litre Dispatch and put a two man system in with side van ports etc. Driving this is like driving a car compared to Connect plus more room in cab plus a 6 speed gearbox and a cd player yes a cd player. Connect had a tape player in! ;D
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

jonboywalton75

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2015, 05:40:46 pm »

[/quote]

does the job for me ........................... plus can easy get 2000 leaflets in there for the Hawarden redrow estate .... all houses £6 inc sills and frames  :o
[/quote]

My lads will set  fire to your cat if I see you round there ;D

Ian101

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2015, 05:51:36 pm »

[/quote]

My lads will set  fire to your cat if I see you round there ;D
[/quote]

pmsl ..... just spat coffee over me keyboard  ;D

Scrimble

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2015, 08:44:05 pm »
how do you mean ?

I mean cramped, dirty, unbaffled tank, hose reel you have to lug out  etc, nothing against you or a dig I just couldnt work out of one like yours.

I have the same van 3 of them, I am considering offering pressure washing but will be using a trailer after seeing yours stuffed lol

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2015, 08:12:20 am »
IMO a clean,tidy well ordered van helps me work more efficiently.i would never buy a low roof van.high roof every time for pole storage.the connect T230 is like a tardis inside with a good payload for a small van.
price higher/work harder!

Ian101

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2015, 08:41:44 am »
how do you mean ?

I mean cramped, dirty, unbaffled tank, hose reel you have to lug out  etc, nothing against you or a dig I just couldnt work out of one like yours.

I have the same van 3 of them, I am considering offering pressure washing but will be using a trailer after seeing yours stuffed lol

YES DEFO trailer and tow bar next on list  :)

Richard Stevenson

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2015, 11:52:13 am »
I have had vivario, traffic, and a vito, all fit in
a single garage, all can carry up 700 ltr, perfect 2 man set
up. We have also had an expert, only carried 500ltr, and was
awful to drive, the others were far superior in every way.