This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blackadder

Aquadaptor
« on: June 25, 2015, 10:04:33 pm »
I'm quite sure this argument has been debated many a time, but just wondering how much time and water fitting an Aquadaptor will save me over the day/week/month, are they worth it?

Smudger

Re: Aquadaptor
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 10:22:55 pm »
For the believers you will save water ( my personal saving per day was around 15% ) hard to judge time saving but there  is some, depends how you currently have a tap set up.

Have a look at aquataps, lighter, more robust, and you don't need to take your hands off the pole to operate.

For the non believers - all these items are carp and waste of money and they would rather pinch the pole hose  ;D

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

dave f

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 06:36:50 am »
ive used them for years I haven't botherd to work out how much water ive saved.but im on a water so every drop counts.as for aquatap  ive got one but they are awkward when your doing low leavel .you always turn the dam thing off so mine is some where in the back of the shed with all the  useless inventions

SeanK

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 07:11:12 am »
I use a tap on a belt but for me its not all about saving water, its more about having control on how I use the water
(if that makes sense)
In my opinion it also looks more professional than trying to pinch the hose or water going everywhere when lowering the pole
to turn off a tap at the brush.
What ever device you use it will have its plus and minus points and it will be up to the individual on the one they choose.

dave the rave

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 07:48:32 am »
I have a tap on the bottom of the pole . the hose is tied to the pole with cable ties. very simple but it works

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 07:55:50 am »
As Darran says its hard to judge time saving but there  is some, depends how you currently have a tap set up.

A local cleaner bought a round about 13 miles away (round trip 26 miles. and about 45 minutes traveling time)  He and his son would run out of water (650 liters) before they had finished the round. It was too late to go back home, fill up and finish off so had to finish the job the next day.

Fitting Aquadapters reduced waste water which allowed them to complete the round in one day and still come back with water in the tank.

So according to him fitting an Aquadapter to each pole paid for themselves in one day.

For me the driving force to fit an Aquadapter was not having to bend down to pick a tap off the ground to switch the water off. My back is 'shot' and I just can't bend down to pick the tap up each time. Fitting an Aquadapter has aided me to continue to clean windows. I couldn't get on with holding the tap in my hand as Alex demonstrates and wearing a 'tap on a belt' didn't work either as the fittings always leak in time.

My son works with my mostly these days and works from a backpack. When I ordered the first 2 Aquadapters he told me he didn't want one of those fitted to his pole. A few days later he used my pole with his backpack and very quickly found he was saving water instantly, so the second A/D was fitted to his pole. Again, its hard to quantify water saving but it was around 10 to 20% as a gut feel for him.

My son in law removed his Aquadater when the side arm spring broke and replaced it with a Purefreedom base mounted on/off tap. Using his pole I understand why Alex dislikes any pole mounted (Aquatap and Aquadapter) fitted to the end of his poles. My SIL's SLX22 is so much lighter to use, but that hose loop puts me off. What a mess.

The Spring One shot has been hyped up a bit on the forums recently. I don't think it's something that would work for us though. We have found the water in our hose takes time to depressurize and so continues to dribble after the Varistream has been switched off.

Darren has suggested I fit and Aquatap as its lighter, but I still have a brand new replacement Aquadapter on the shelf and the current one on my pole is working perfectly. So it's something for the future to try.

I use a tap on a belt but for me its not all about saving water, its more about having control on how I use the water
(if that makes sense)
In my opinion it also looks more professional than trying to pinch the hose or water going everywhere when lowering the pole
What ever device you use it will have its plus and minus points and it will be up to the individual on the one they choose.

I fully agree with the points made by SeanK.  At the end of the day its all about what works best for you.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

8weekly

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 07:59:06 am »
(if that makes sense)
OMG.. I agree with Sean again! I have the Pure Freedom tap that attaches to the pole. Water squirting when raising or lowering the pole looks unprofessional imo. I do't turn off between upstairs windows usually though.

Phil J

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 09:07:12 pm »
Aquadaptor's  are brilliant! Saves water, makes you look more professional ( water's not spraying all over the place as you raise and lower your pole). The only drawback is when you get above 25 feet and your trying to control the pole and reach down to pull on the pole hose. Other than that buy one!

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 06:46:21 pm »
aquadaptors are ace but the customer service are useless  just hope you don't have any problems because i have been trying to phone steve for some parts . because he hasn't returned any of my calls i am going to bin the aquadaptor and go with the aqua tap.

steven jones

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2015, 10:26:07 am »
Hi Mark

Should at least save 100L  per  500L Tank
Its not only the water you save its the convenience of not bending down to pick a valve off the floor all day.
The 100L you save can go toward more cleans and every 100L you save is more than 100L, because to produce 100L of product water you may have to push 250L water through your filters for example.
So saving, Making life easier, More cleans it really what you will achieve.

Steven