Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rich Wilts

Re: Time to get a new "everyday" pole. Your thoughts?
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2015, 06:58:29 am »
how does that stack up against having to clamp in specific positions rather than infinitely adjustable? Does that slow you up?

You need versatility in this game, particularly with an everyday pole.

SLX is the answer, I'd go with extreme personally except the clamping positions would stop me from making that choice. I use an SLX 25 for my everyday pole and so does the guy who with me.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2015, 07:03:42 am »
Six every time for 22 feet and under.
extremes are not robust enough even if you look after them

robert mitchell

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2015, 10:49:29 am »
my extreme 25 is around 18 months old now and not snapped yet .......and i do close windows with it .

The clamping points are no problem after an hour or two of using it , it is showing signs of wear on the clamping points though , mine is the old version without the metal clamping points.
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

CasaDeCabra

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2015, 01:46:48 pm »
To touch on the post by Vin, I did use the extreme for a week but thought the extra expense really wasn't worth the weight saving. Although I do now use an SLX18 for 85% of my daily work which is the same weight pretty much as the Extreme but over £250 cheaper. Fully appreciate that at 6ft 2 this is possible for me and that some people who are shorter would find this difficult but it works for me.

Gerald Ash

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2015, 01:51:57 pm »
Tough call this, I've got/had both.
Extreme 22 lasted me 3 months when I snapped no2 section pushing a window to, I know I shouldn't have but was rushing.
Bob plum bought the sections off me, replaced the broken one and is happy with it. Now I'm back to the slx 22 and happy with it

I will buy another extreme but only to replace my slx35 not as my everyday pole.

Gerald Ash, you must like the whip of a glass fibre pole seriously, a carbon pole is much easier to work with.

Tony
I`m use to floppy things at my age, feels familiar.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2015, 06:23:35 pm »
My favourite is my "SLX20." It's the top four sections of my SLX30 (although it would be the top four sections of an SLX25 too of course) It is much lighter than my SLX22 because it doesn't have  the extra thicker section but is of the same sections as an SLX18 - but being longer in closed length makes up to being an SLX20.

The 18 is just a little too short a little too often.

I wonder if Alex would sell me an SLX25 without the biggest section?

Gold: "Alex would you sell me an SLX25 without the biggest section?"
Alex: "Well .... I could, but it wouldn't have the protective coating or the logo and what am I supposed to do with a logo'ed main section hmmmm?"

Gold: "I'm prepared to grovel."
Alex: "Oh all right then seeing as it's little old you you can have one for free."

Gold: "With an extreme hard-bristled brush, pretty please?"
Alex: "Oh go on then, I'll split a case just for you."

Gold: "Fantastic .... Huh? Huh? Who woke me? .... Oh! It was a dream! Damn!"

It's a game of three halves!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2015, 11:08:28 pm »
It's Friday night on CIU
It's what dreams are made of ;D

robbo333

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2015, 06:04:00 pm »
I have an slx 22 with bottom section removed (about 18 feet) and an extreme 25.
The extreme definitely feels more fragile but it is noticeably lighter and more rigid (at awkward angles).
The Slx has a better closed length and feels like you don't have to 'tip toe' with it.
If your fit, young and strong get the slx.
If you're like me (older, knackered elbows...actually just generally knackered) then the extreme is excellent.
I think the extreme is definitely worth the extra money, but don't go throwing it around.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Jonny 87

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2015, 08:03:40 pm »
For me, I'm on the same wave length as vin.

If we are in this for the long haul, and dont have a super dooper retirement plan that means you can retire at 50..... Then use the lightest and most rigid pole you can afford.

Even if you think it's easy work with an slx, I guarantee that in 20 years time you will feel it in your joints. Even with an extreme your going to feel it in your joints, but surely it's got to be better and worth a few hundred quid?

I did a conservatory roof for the first time with my extreme and noticed a major difference. No shoulder aches what so ever.

The £100 a year that an extreme pole costs me is pennies (literally pennies day in day out )  in comparison to minimising repetitive strain and injury.

Granted if you only work part time or less then the need for an extreme is less too, but still well worth it in my opinion.

My dad works with me and I'm getting him an extreme pole for the same reason.

Extreme 18, 25, and 47 is what I'll have by the end of the year and for me they will be worth each and every penny.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

kempy

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2015, 12:03:25 am »
I need a new 30ft  or 25ft SLX or 25ft Extreame .

Not a easy call .
Both good
But I do break things so maybe the Slx's .

Plus I use AQUA-ADAPTOR

jonboywalton75

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2015, 08:39:35 pm »
I need a new 30ft  or 25ft SLX or 25ft Extreame .

Not a easy call .
Both good
But I do break things so maybe the Slx's .

Plus I use AQUA-ADAPTOR

Use an aquadapter with an extreme and it WILL snap!!!!