This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shane O Neill

Van mounted hose reel ?
« on: June 14, 2015, 07:33:12 pm »
hi guys any links please for best van mounted hose reels ? They all seem a little pricey  ??? Or what do you use that is best long term from experience ?

Cheers

wpclean

Re: Van mounted hose reel ?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 07:49:00 pm »
You mention long term, and you say they are pricey, but if you want them to last you will have to pay a bit more !     We use the purefreedom pro reels, and they are good.    They stay put in the van when reeling out.

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 08:06:19 pm »
+1

Quality reels that will last if not forever, certainly years...

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Matt.

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 08:43:03 pm »
Any hose reels can be mounted in the van, even a crap plastic one can be bolted down, it will just be a ball ache winding back in, 15mm pipe brackets will go around the base of most hose reels

kempy

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 09:03:15 pm »
http://www.wintecs.co.uk/catalog/hose-reel-metal-fixed-100m-p-722.html

I bought this with 100 meters microbore , think all in it was about £110.

kempy

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 10:02:33 pm »
The petal sided ones are ok they do have a tendency to catch the hose if pulling off at an angle.

Never had the proloc - but looks really good

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

kempy

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 10:17:27 pm »
The proloc comes with 8mm , I've asked them if they supply it with 6mm , if they do I will BUY  this one this week .

The other one I have from Wintecs is good , but I might try the ProLoc for the number 2 reel .

I do prefere 6mm

duncan h

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2015, 10:47:10 pm »
Solid sides are a must for my next reel.
If I had the £, electric all day. Always need a back up hand reel.
I wish they made a potable electric reel. Van mount isn't always the best

kempy

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2015, 11:12:20 pm »
Ive had 2 man  2x portable hose reels  for 10 years .
Ive fitted a mounted reel Amd it's just awesome compared to plugging in and out of the external port .
I would reccomemd a mounted one definitely

Matt.

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 12:06:11 am »
I couldn't be dealing with getting hose reels out all the time, van mount is a must

wpclean

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 12:14:33 am »
I couldn't be dealing with getting hose reels out all the time, van mount is a must
Tried with reels in, and out of van, and left in van which is so much easier, only problem is my bumper, and lights are scratched to bits !    Thinking of putting some light checker plate on them.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 06:07:03 am »
Van mounted with hole in floor and roller guide and bumper mounted guide for me,  works well.
Petal sided hose reel in Van but does tend to slip off now and again.  I'll buy a solid sided one of some sort when I next get a new hose reel

tonycarr

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2015, 09:14:37 pm »
The petal sided ones are ok they do have a tendency to catch the hose if pulling off at an angle.

yes i found this to, although iv now fitted a hose guide so that the hose never catches the sides, and now i can pull off at practically any angle.

i also have a claber reel and i find it a lot smoother than the petal sided ones, if the petal sided one broke i wouldn't hesitate in getting another claber, cheaper too  ;)

tony
T & J Window Cleaning services

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 08:12:22 pm »
the claber reels are good value for £40 but if you want a really robust reel that winds in really smooth and fast with less turns of the handle ive got a redashe koreel his vis reel.around £200 including VAT and delivery but well worth the money for an easier working day!

ive got a piece of plywood in the back of my van with rubber mats on.you can either buy the 15mm pipe clips and screw them into the ply to secure the reel or fix 3 pieces of wood around the reel and lift the front of it onto the front piece of wood and secure 4 thick cable ties under the wood and over the front tubes.both do the job and cheap too. ;)
price higher/work harder!

kempy

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2015, 09:36:47 pm »
Link Daz ?

Heb Alpha

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2015, 11:18:07 am »
That sounds like a good set up Dazmond. We have our 2 reels in and out of the van all day and it is pretty tiring. Plus it's really annoying when they're rattling about in the back of the van, altho we do try and use bungees to keep them tight to the bulkhead.

I'd be keen on getting a set up where the reels are fixed to the floor but I need to watch that I don't go through the fuel tank with any fittings.  Anyone got any pics? I've seen a couple of electric reels on the internet - is it worth the extra money to get these - anything to watch out for when fitting?

The other thing which relates to this is the fittings from the pole hose to the reel. We currently detach the pole hose from the reel after each clean so that we can store the poles back in position but we are finding that all the latest fittings we have are really hard to take of the female hozelock again - they seem to have a sharper profile than other standard male hozelock fittings. Any ideas where we can get a more rounded profile on male hose connectors - this is what we have just now - www.brodexbms.co.uk/products/hose-accessories/male-hozelock

Thanks guys

Rob 

Matt.

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2015, 12:58:13 pm »
Loads of different ways to fit the reel, for me I want more floor space so I fitted mine on the inside of roof

Using 15mm pipe holders and 2 strips of metal.

kempy

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2015, 02:53:44 pm »
Going power-up next for me .
Awesome they look

DaveG

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2015, 10:58:04 am »
We use Claber reels, have done for the last 2 or 3 years and never lift them out of the van. I have them clipped down onto some 22mm ply and the ply swivels to the direction that the hose will be going out of the back of the van.

You can't polish a turd