This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave f

how offten do you change your brush
« on: June 03, 2015, 02:57:51 pm »
just wonderd how often should it be before you change brushes the reason I ask is I use warm water .it seems to ma that the bristles are going out of shape quickly its a gardenrs dual trim

jonboywalton75

Re: how offten do you change your brush
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 03:25:51 pm »
When it won't clean windows properly  ;D
Some people on here change their brushes more often than David Beckham changes his Calvin Kleins

SeanK

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 03:27:52 pm »
I think a stiff bristled brush works better with hot, I'm getting great wear out of my Xteme medium mixed brush at the moment
well over a year, but I'm wondering is it a fluke as some find this very hard to believe.
Have tried the xtreme soft but it lasted no time and the xtreme stiff just didn't give me the confidence that it was doing the
job as when using it with cold it didn't have a great bristle splay.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 05:21:32 pm »
I use cold water.  Apart from extra soft brushes, they seem to still be OK when the pole has worn out.  So I just get a new pole with brush and keep the old brush as back up.

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 05:35:25 pm »
I bought my clx 27 on 15th of last month- the pole has started spinning already and the bristles are starting to go out of shape on the super lite medium mixed! Can't see it lasting long at all. they'r sending me some glue  :o

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 05:56:50 pm »
You should change your brush every time Gardiners bring out a new model.

SeanK

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 06:09:21 pm »
I bought my clx 27 on 15th of last month- the pole has started spinning already and the bristles are starting to go out of shape on the super lite medium mixed! Can't see it lasting long at all. they'r sending me some glue  :o

Shane what do you mean when you say the pole is spinning are the sections worn or have the clamps come loose ?
If the bristles on a Superlite have started to go out of shape so early then your being very heavy handed as these are the
workhorses in the Gardiner range and can take the most abuse.
To be honest if the glue has failed on your clamps so early I would expect nothing less than a new pole.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 06:13:08 pm »
when they wear at the edges and the bristles are worn.my sill brushes have  lasted years as they only get used on f/s/g and conny roofs but my main window cleaning brushes are usually knackered after 3-4 months(extremes).im now using supreme brushes and expect them to be the same.

i can live with buying a couple of main window cleaning brushes every 3-4 months.
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 06:22:25 pm »
by the way i use cold water and soft brushes.the medium mixed versions will probably last longer.
price higher/work harder!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 07:09:51 pm »
Mine last ages
I must not be scrubbing hard enough

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 08:13:42 pm »

Shane what do you mean when you say the pole is spinning are the sections worn or have the clamps come loose ?
If the bristles on a Superlite have started to go out of shape so early then your being very heavy handed as these are the
workhorses in the Gardiner range and can take the most abuse.
To be honest if the glue has failed on your clamps so early I would expect nothing less than a new pole.

Basically, when I'm cleaning the windows, the first section with the brush attached starts to turn even though it's clamped down. I rang them up and they said I can send it back to them and they'll glue it as it sounds like they haven't put enough on in the factory- or they can send me some glue if I can't do without  :(

Re: how offten do you change your brush New
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 08:15:27 pm »

SeanK

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 08:24:44 pm »
As for the bristles, it just doesn't seem to scrub the bird crap off very good, so twice this week iv had to take me gloves off and scrape it with my finger nail  :o

Shane when trying to remove bird crap try and give any you see a quick rub and let it soak for a few minutes while you clean
other windows, this will make it a lot easier to remove.
Gardiners also sell a plastic scraper which connects to your brush if you want to try one.

Re: how offten do you change your brush New
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2015, 08:28:38 pm »

Bungle

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 08:42:25 pm »
Not liking the Supreme soft brush. Knackered already.
We look at them, they look through them.

Dave Willis

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 09:30:09 pm »
Shane - when you collapse your pole, do it gently slow the sections down and don't let the clamp bodies crash into each other. The sudden jolt can unseat the glue - same with most poles probably.

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 10:21:32 pm »
Shane - when you collapse your pole, do it gently slow the sections down and don't let the clamp bodies crash into each other. The sudden jolt can unseat the glue - same with most poles probably.
Ok cheers Dave , learn something new everyday!!  ;D

Oliver James

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 05:34:07 am »
Alex's brush guide on the Gardiner website has details of expected brush longevity.

paulben

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2015, 06:07:36 am »
If you can stand the weight try a Vikan had mine in use for 9 years now use it to wash car got years left in it . Now on phoenix brush 6 months and showing some wear
Do not steal the government hates competition

Rich Wilts

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2015, 08:23:36 am »
Not liking the Supreme soft brush. Knackered already.

I rang them up about this issue with the soft version, apparently there hadnt been any others reporting it.

So far the  medium bristled supreme is the best but I may just go back to the superlite. I always thought they were the best brush out and probably couldn't be superceded nor waas there a need to try.